Grandeur of the Seas Junior Suite Question

Warning.  If you book a Junior Suite on the Grandeur, try to avoid staterooms 8036 and 8536.  Both staterooms have a pole (floor to ceiling) in front of the foot of the bed.  Makes it hard to pass if someone is sitting in the chair.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 11:55 AM, kasmrobi said:

Anything else?

8 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Warning.  If you book a Junior Suite on the Grandeur, try to avoid staterooms 8036 and 8536.  Both staterooms have a pole (floor to ceiling) in front of the foot of the bed.  Makes it hard to pass if someone is sitting in the chair.

Who doesn't love the Junior Suites with the stripper poles?  🥰

Here is the list of Junior Suites with poles at the foot of the bed - list has been floating around CC for awhile.

8020     8520

8026     8526

8030     8530

8036     8536

8044     8544

8052     8552

8058     8558

8064     8564

8070     8570

8076     8576

9 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

LOL.  More than those two have them and they aren't an issue. We've had several JS with them on GR and they are not a problem at all.  They touch the end of the bed and are not in the way at ALL.   Heck, when the ship is moving, it gives you something to hold onto when up and about in the dark.  Those of us who really love GR, love the stripper polls haha.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 9:20 PM, bearette said:

One benefit then, but I wound not plan on it since it isn't written down.

Huh? It´s been written down on their website ever since they started it.

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_APRIL-2019.pdf

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:49 AM, John Prine Fan said:

First time we didnt either. Had a chance to talk to them both 1:1 on later cruises and found them to be quite genuine.

Maybe they are great people.  I did not like them as CD/AD.

One thing that really ticked me off was for the Belly Flop contest.  John was running it.  He asked why no women had signed up.  And one young lady came up and participated.   She actually came in 2nd and got NOTHING.  But earlier, he had given a prize ribbon and gift to a older man who hads signed up, but appeared to have some mental issues.

It was great that he made this man's day.  The man wore the prize ribbon for several days, showing it off.

But then he totally blew off the young lady who stepped up to do it, and did pretty well.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, bearette said:

Junior suites don't get suite perks like extra points, you must be in a full suite for those perks. The only thing you get is a bigger cabin.

Junior suite

Size
  • Stateroom: 247 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 74 sq. ft.
OccupancyUp to 4 guests
ViewsOcean view
Living SpacesRoom with bed, vanity and sitting area with sofa
BathroomsOne bathroom with tub

Hi!  You are not correct.  I ALWAYS travel in a Junior Suite (the last one was Grandeur, February 8 to 20, 2020).  I ALWAYS get double points.  What i DO NOT get is the access to the Concierge Lounge for Suite clients.  The double points got me to Diamond Plus much faster. And the Grandeur is a wonderful ship.  It's smaller than most but still a wonderful time.
- Clancy

• Like 2