Grandeur of the Seas Junior Suite Question

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed somewhere. Can someone tell me what perks/benefits are associated with a Junior Suite on Grandeur (besides more space). I think I read extra C& A points and robes for use in room. Anything else? TIA!

Junior suites don't get suite perks like extra points, you must be in a full suite for those perks. The only thing you get is a bigger cabin.

Junior suite

Size
  • Stateroom: 247 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 74 sq. ft.
OccupancyUp to 4 guests
ViewsOcean view
Living SpacesRoom with bed, vanity and sitting area with sofa
BathroomsOne bathroom with tub

Full Suite
Size
  • Stateroom: 349 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 111 sq. ft.
OccupancyUp to 4 guests
ViewsOcean view
Living SpacesRoom with bed, vanity and sitting area with sofa
BathroomsOne bathroom with tub and double sink
Exclusive For Suites
  • Priority check-in and departure lounge
  • Concierge  Services
  • Priority tender tickets
  • Complimentary luggage valet service
  • Luxury spa bathrobes to use onboard
Edited by bearette
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bearette said:

Junior suites don't get suite perks like extra points, you must be in a full suite for those perks. The only thing you get is a bigger cabin.

Not true.  You get double points if you stay in a Jr. Suite (and triple points if you cruise solo).  Same number of points for Jr. Suite, Grand Suite or Owners Suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dennis#1 said:

Not true.  You get double points if you stay in a Jr. Suite (and triple points if you cruise solo).  Same number of points for Jr. Suite, Grand Suite or Owners Suite.

One benefit then, but I wound not plan on it since it isn't written down.

1 hour ago, bearette said:

One benefit then, but I wound not plan on it since it isn't written down.

Where do you see it written down for a full suite??

I’ve stayed in at least a half dozen JSes and received double points every time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Karma5 said:

I have also stayed in many JR suites and its double points....................

This is info I found on a Royal Caribbean blog, but I don't know how current the information is.

"There are two main benefits to booking a junior suite. First and foremost, is the space this category of stateroom gives you.  Compared to regular balcony staterooms, junior suites give much more living space as well as balcony space on average. 

The other main benefit to booking a junior suite is you get double the Crown and Anchor Society points.  All suites are eligible for double Crown & Anchor Society points.

Of course, junior suites are the least expensive of the suite category and often priced competitively with standard balconies.  For many, booking a junior suite does not require much more money to upgrade yourself to.  

Junior suites also include tea and coffee service ensuite and terry bathrobes (for use onboard).  In addition, junior suite guests receive silver SeaPass cards to distinguish themselves as suite guests to Royal Caribbean staff."

I know some suites have access to Coastal Kitchen, but I don't believe that is available on the Grandeur. Also, we have sailed RCCL before. I am looking information specific to the Grandeur as we have not sailed on her. Again thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experiences!

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Consider another ship.

Why should I consider another ship?

21 minutes ago, kasmrobi said:

Take the 185 mile ride from the Baltimore to Cape Liberty in Bayonne and jump on a newer ship. There is a chance also Grandeur may not be in the fleet anymore when sailings begin again.

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Take the 185 mile ride from the Baltimore to Cape Liberty in Bayonne and junp on a newer ship. There is a chance also Grandeur may not be in the fleet anymore when sailings begin again.

Gotcha. We usually do sail out of Bayonne. Just thought we would try something different and departing from closer to home. From everything I have read so far, people seem to either love the "quaintness" of the smaller, older Grandeur without the bells and whistles, or hate it for the same reasons.

2 minutes ago, kasmrobi said:

Gotcha. We usually do sail out of Bayonne. Just thought we would try something different and departing from closer to home. From everything I have read so far, people seem to either love the "quaintness" of the smaller, older Grandeur without the bells and whistles, or hate it for the same reasons.

We are 122 miles from the Baltimore Cruise Terminal and  75 miles from the Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal, only ever went out of Baltimore once because of the Itinerary( it was on Grandeur also), went out of Cape Liberty lots of times.

16 minutes ago, kasmrobi said:

We have sailed on Grandeur 4 or more times and were also booked to sail on her in March and August.

We really like the GotS and will miss her if & when she goes away.  Both of the cancelled cruises were in Jr suites.  We have sailed on her in Jr suites and loved them.  The crew on the GotS has been one of our  favorites.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We are 122 miles from the Baltimore Cruise Terminal and  75 miles from the Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal, only ever went out of Baltimore once because of the Itinerary( it was on Grandeur also), went out of Cape Liberty lots of times.

We live about 30 minutes from the Baltimore port and 3 hours from the Bayonne port. We have been on the Anthem quite a few times. Husband and I are looking for a low-key, relatively inexpensive and relatively short getaway.  Unplugging with a stack of books! We have had two 2020 cruises cancelled so far. Looking at the January 2021 8-day Southeast coast (one with the stop in Charleston) for my husband's birthday and a break from winter in DC. We have a "bigger" trip booked for May 2021 to celebrate our 31st anniversary (30th anniversary was one of the canceled cruises 😞 ) and our son's graduation from college.

4 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

We have sailed on Grandeur 4 or more times and were also booked to sail on her in March and August.

We really like the GotS and will miss her if & when she goes away.  Both of the cancelled cruises were in Jr suites.  We have sailed on her in Jr suites and loved them.  The crew on the GotS has been one of our  favorites.

We are looking at January 2021. Not sure if cruises will be happening by then...

There are 2 aft Js's facing the wake available if interested in the larger Balcony........on the 1/29/21 sailing.... Cabins  #8588 and #7152

Think I would take deck 7 over  deck 8..........under 7 is the Diamond Club, over 8 is the Fitness Center.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kasmrobi said:

We are looking at January 2021. Not sure if cruises will be happening by then...

Who knows? We were on her in January of this year in a family suite #8000.  N o balcony, but had huge room and a separate bedroom and bath for our son .  We loved the room but did miss the balcony.

• Like 1

Many of the JS's on GR are under the pool and Windjammer. Check the deck plan carefully to find a more quiet spot. We've sailed in many, many vision class JS's and enjoyed everyone. We don't need all the bells and whistles, all the time. 

R&D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kasmrobi said:

We live about 30 minutes from the Baltimore port and 3 hours from the Bayonne port. We have been on the Anthem quite a few times. Husband and I are looking for a low-key, relatively inexpensive and relatively short getaway.  Unplugging with a stack of books! We have had two 2020 cruises cancelled so far. Looking at the January 2021 8-day Southeast coast (one with the stop in Charleston) for my husband's birthday and a break from winter in DC. We have a "bigger" trip booked for May 2021 to celebrate our 31st anniversary (30th anniversary was one of the canceled cruises 😞 ) and our son's graduation from college.

That is a nice relaxing itinerary.  Keep in mind the first 1 full and possibly most of the 2nd day of sailing same on reverse trip back to baltimore will probably be quite chilly in January.   Might not get much use of balcony for a couple days of the 8 night cruise.  As someone else said avoid a JS under windjammer and fitness center.  

I have sailed Grandeur several times and have always enjoyed this size ship.  

Baltimore port is very easy on and off ship.  

Have fun planning.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Double points and priority check in. 

Huh?  I've never seen anything below a Grand Suite get the legit suite perks like double points or priority.

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is a nice relaxing itinerary.  Keep in mind the first 1 full and possibly most of the 2nd day of sailing same on reverse trip back to baltimore will probably be quite chilly in January.   Might not get much use of balcony for a couple days of the 8 night cruise.  As someone else said avoid a JS under windjammer and fitness center.  

I have sailed Grandeur several times and have always enjoyed this size ship.  

Baltimore port is very easy on and off ship.  

Have fun planning.

Just to confirm, there is not a port anywhere easier to debark from and to disembark the following week. Driving into the port, just pop your trunk and a porter will take your bags. Parking is just a few feet away, after you pay your parking fees. The walk from the parking area is 1 - 3 minutes to check in. Enjoy your Grandeur cruise! We have enjoyed many.

R&D

• Like 1