The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Why is it where we live the Turkeys are out.  No I am not talking about people. I am talking about the real thing.  

Do you think they believe no one is thinking about Thanksgiving Dinner since we have five months to go?

And I hope I have not offended any of the Turkeys on this board.  I promise I realize you are one of a kind.

Just saying.

Keith

IMG_0285.thumb.jpeg.5b9378b2d38bdd7d23251866d8ee22ad.jpeg

Keith, I have good news for you. It’s only four months until Thanksgiving!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/26/2022 at 12:19 PM, Keith1010 said:

A favorite show of mine when growing up was Leave It To Beaver.  I could relate to Beav as my brother was quite a bit older as Wally Cleaver.  I think I had a little bit of the Beav in my in my younger years.  

Sad to learn of the passing of Tony Dow who played Wally.  He was 77.

Keith

Well unless they take it back for a second time Tony Dow passed today.

I didn't watch the original shows from what I remember but I did see every rerun many times.

During the school year television was limited but in the summer before I would go out to play sports I would watch Leave It To Beaver and Dennis The Menace.  

I really related to Leave It To Beaver as I mentioned yesterday.  

Eventually they brought it back on I believe TBS (but I might be corrected) with several members of the original cast including Jerry Matthews, Tony Dow and Barbara Billlingsley.  We watched it in Virginia and in California.  Very simple TV and there were so many other shows from My Three Sons to Father Knows Best.

And yes, I enjoyed watching Lassie on Sunday nights and believe Campbells's Soup was a sponsor. And yes, Bonanza too and later in life The Walton's.

So now you know.

May Tony Dow rest in peace.

Keith

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

OK, I have to share this headline from today's Post:

"With mustard scarce, dogged France will relish the day it can play catch-up"

Some editor cackled while writing that.  I mean, that's a thing of beauty.

Someone must have been less amused -- it looks like the headline on the same article in the app got edited this morning to "France's Mustard Shortage Fuels Drama and Panic in Grocery Stores."

Sometimes I miss the paper copy you can't "fix".

Vince

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Someone must have been less amused -- it looks like the headline on the same article in the app got edited this morning to "France's Mustard Shortage Fuels Drama and Panic in Grocery Stores."

Sometimes I miss the paper copy you can't "fix".

Vince

Collector's Item!

• Like 1

I can't wait to return to Crystal Cruises.

People ask what it will be like.  Well, we'll have to wait and see but I expect (not hope but expect) it will be as good if not better than before.

Looking forward to our traditional embarkation lunch of a Cobb Salad, a flute of Champagne and a toast and being with many members of our extended Crystal family.

P1010875.thumb.jpeg.0d150e09f5ea07f898d8e3af79c49e69.jpeg

Our bags are packed.  We are ready to go.  Can't wait.

Keith

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I can't wait to return to Crystal Cruises.

People ask what it will be like.  Well, we'll have to wait and see but I expect (not hope but expect) it will be as good if not better than before.

Looking forward to our traditional embarkation lunch of a Cobb Salad, a flute of Champagne and a toast and being with many members of our extended Crystal family.

P1010875.thumb.jpeg.0d150e09f5ea07f898d8e3af79c49e69.jpeg

Our bags are packed.  We are ready to go.  Can't wait.

Keith

Lovely picture of Anne Marie 👍🥂

Ivi

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

A group of young Italians arrived at the hotel where we were staying in a the quiet town in the Bernese highlands. Those were their cars…

Ivi

B830F350-A997-4DB7-8060-1E7FB1FC0644.thumb.jpeg.8c8babf329af1f168b258672d4c4b00a.jpeg

Eh, you're not really rich until you buy a Ferrari that ISN'T red. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Eh, you're not really rich until you buy a Ferrari that ISN'T red. 

So the one with the gray Ferrari in the middle is the alpha of the pack?  🙂   Or just showing off?

Vince

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ctjon said:

maybe after I win the lottery tomight I'll get red and another color Ferrari

If you win it, will you perhaps be so kind and get me one in yellow? I would like to especially see if I can pass as a "young Italian". Or just "young".

• Haha 3

There is a recent thread about what's happening to the Crystal River boats, and I don't think anyone replied yet.

We were on the Crystal Ravel for it's 2019 Christmas/New Year Vienna roundtrip cruise, it's final one before the river cruises winter break in Europe which were suppose to last from Jan.to April/2020, but alas, never had the chance to resume. Could this be their final river cruise ever?

20200101_063604.jpg

20201219_012822.jpg

Edited by gojirra
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, mskatiemae said:

If you win it, will you perhaps be so kind and get me one in yellow? I would like to especially see if I can pass as a "young Italian". Or just "young".

Now Ms KM, you have lost the thread of the narrative.   Once you get the Ferrari, you no longer have to pass at anything.  You just pull up , slid out of the car and take numbers for who wants to buy you the first aperitif, Bellisima!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is there a turkey in the house?  You betcha.

Today's team trivia question and the winner will get.......well let's not worry about that.

So why did the Turkey cross the road?

IMG_3275.thumb.jpeg.b037bcdf422a674450496fc77737ca09.jpeg

Winner will be announced tomorrow.

Same time and same Turkey (or is that Bat) station.

Keith

• Like 2

Up here in Maine at this time of year we have to allow extra time getting anywhere since parent birds take their young for walks and cross many main roads.  They are very good at blocking and having guard birds make sure all is well.  It is very cute except when you need to get somewhere.

• Like 3