As expected, CDC extends no sail through September 30th

KirkNC

Hopefully that means HAL will cancel our Sept 27th cruise before final payment is due on Wednesday.  Don't want to give them more money for a cruise that is not sailing.

Don

I’m waiting with you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

50 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Kirk,

You have seriously excellent plans for 2021 🙂  Hope all go with no problems. 

Thanks, I actually need to update it to reflect recent changes.  The real question is what will we actually be able to do....

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The only real question is how long will the next extension be after 9/30.

My TA and I were talking today to deal with the cancellation fallout for us from the sale and we both agree that cruising is probably done for 2020.  

Not something we wanted to contemplate, but its rapidly becoming the reality. 

Edited by drowelf

51 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Thanks, I actually need to update it to reflect recent changes.  The real question is what will we actually be able to do....

I have the same question as do most people reading this, I'm sure.....

47 minutes ago, Lido - Lanai said:

I viewed a video on YouTube from a Travel Agent who is of the opinion that the CDC has been instructed to not work with the cruise lines until post election day, so he expects no news about a cruising restart until sometime after that. 

If you read the real report instead of relying on hearsay, you'll find it rather revealing -- and not in a good way. CDC provided quite detailed guidelines for cruise ships in putting together their plans for resuming sailing at the same time they issued the original "No Sail" order. The report from CDC details a large number of areas in which the plans submitted by the lines are deficient. There is a good summary on another forum here:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KirkNC said:

So true.  If you ever get your luggage back :) you will be ready for anything.  For  a couple who travels as much as you do, you need to keep in the game and have trips to look forward to!

I'll be interested in seeing your updated list.

I think with this news and the shuffling required due to the sale of ships I expect HAL to be making a major statement before the end of July.   Since I don't do Facebook I hope someone will keep us informed if anything happens there

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

If you read the real report instead of relying on hearsay, you'll find it rather revealing -- and not in a good way. CDC provided quite detailed guidelines for cruise ships in putting together their plans for resuming sailing at the same time they issued the original "No Sail" order. The report from CDC details a large number of areas in which the plans submitted by the lines are deficient. There is a good summary on another forum here:

Interesting read, I am afraid the expectations (regardless of whether they are reasonable or not) are going to be virtually impossible for the cruise industry to satisfy.  If the CDC stands s it’s ground, cruising will be virtually eliminated as cost of compliance will be staggering.