7/22/20: Princess Pauses Operations Again

Syracusefan44

On 7/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

SOOOOO bummed!!!  I thought December would be a safe month....UGH!  Now I have to break the news to my 10 year old.... This SUCKS!!!

WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK, PEOPLE!!!!

Totally agree!  Wear your mask and social distance whenever possible.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

You got that backwards.  It's social distance and wear a mask when that is not possible.

For us it's wear a mask when outside & inside if in a shared space (defined as a space someone else who is not in your immediate pod (living with you) can enter. IE: elevators)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 5:48 AM, Mademypoint said:

So if you have an invoice that shows you can use your FCC share it. I will keep a copy of it and use it in the future and say "they were allowed to"

thanks.

Regardless of what your invoices purportedly say, Princess HAS said as of ~mid June 1 that FCC may be applied to deposits.  And here is your requested current proof directly from Princess’ own webinar.  If you are still being told otherwise you can send it in and say “but you said we could”.

2C6070C5-F3BD-49D2-8964-0C03C4F45362.png

Edited by cherylandtk

On 7/22/2020 at 2:31 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

Also, isn't it kind of early to determine what's happening in December?

Based on the information I have received from a Princess employee, the reason for the longer pause is that if there is even one more case of COVID on board a PCL ship, they will be forever known as the COVID cruise line...

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

For us it's wear a mask when outside & inside if in a shared space (defined as a space someone else who is not in your immediate pod (living with you) can enter. IE: elevators)

No I do not have it backwards...just wear a mask all the time

11 minutes ago, eclue said:

No I do not have it backwards...just wear a mask all the time

IMHO part of the problem in California is there isn't 1 uniform rule. Nor is there 1 penalty for non-compliance.  No penalty in Orange or San Diego, up to a 10k fine in Marin for multiple infractions (citations?), Contra Costa / SF are still trying to figure it out. 

But I digress and risk having the thread taken down

We, like so many others here are disappointed by yet another pause.  Our once safe seeming late January PC cruise is nearly certain to be in the next group of cancellations.

Still, no one can really claim to be surprised can they?  We'll know when Princess is going to start up, it'll be shortly after the lead story of whatever national TV news you prefer is "dramatic reduction in COVID cases across the South and West . . . " or some such.  

With case and hospitalization records being set nearly every day from coast to coast there's no way Princess or anyone else is going to resume anything remotely like normal operations.  

• 1 month later...