Cruises cancelled through October

Red-Sol

3 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Told ya so

Shooooooosh, 😂😂😂😂

I guess the realist aren't negative Nancy's after all. I thought way back when that 4th Q there would be a chance. That is quickly going by the wayside and 2021 is looking to be the better bet.

The cruise lines have one chance to get it right ( safely sailing). Nothing is 100% a sure thing ( No outbreak) , however they had better have ALL the necessary protocols in place IF it does.  Which will be  very costly.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gigi1068 said:

It baffles me that they did not apply the 60 day final payment change to cruises scheduled to depart through 2021.  I’d even accept through June 2021.  Just to offer it to 2020 sailings is ridiculous!

It is a bit silly, especially considering that most trips through November have already paid the cruise in full because they are within the 120 day ruling. Add additional days if using a TA that requires full payment 14 days before it's due and many People with December cruises have likely already paid in full. I hope this is just a NCL oversight and they will expand the 60 day rule through Q121. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

It is a bit silly, especially considering that most trips through November have already paid the cruise in full because they are within the 120 day ruling. Add additional days if using a TA that requires full payment 14 days before it's due and many People with December cruises have likely already paid in full. I hope this is just a NCL oversight and they will expand the 60 day rule through Q121. 

Not me. My December sailing is due 8-14 and my money is staying with me. 👍

• Like 4

We took the 125% FCC on our canceled cruise from April 2020 and rebooked for Dec 12.  It may be now we will have to reschedule again for the following Dec. Should get 125% of our current booking so we can get a possible 2nd upgrade (went from spa balcony to Haven aft penthouse with last change). Since money is already tied up....it is fine....

Well. Guess what? Just got a letter from Norwegian and it says for new and EXISTING reservations in 2020, they are changing payment due dates to 60 days out. I guess I will wait till 10-14 and see what the climate is like at that time before I ask for my $100 back. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, krittykat said:

We took the 125% FCC on our canceled cruise from April 2020 and rebooked for Dec 12.  It may be now we will have to reschedule again for the following Dec. Should get 125% of our current booking so we can get a possible 2nd upgrade (went from spa balcony to Haven aft penthouse with last change). Since money is already tied up....it is fine....

I hate to bear bad news, but the extra 25% bonus will not re-apply for cancelled cruises that were booked using FCCs. A cash refund will also not be an option since NCL will be refunding your FCC. If you would like your cash back, you could try a chargeback request with your credit card issuer, but the fact that you used the FCC to book a cruise shows that you willingly accepted the credits as a refund for your original cancelled cruise, and that may factor in the issuer's decision on whether or not to approve the chargeback.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

NCL has not yet changed their web site.  Our February cruise still shows a final payment date of October.  It may take them a few days for IT to catch up with the CEO.

According to NCL's announcement in the link you quoted, the 60-day final payment policy is only for cruises in 2020 (which means some of November and December).   [Apologies if I missed something additional about 2021.]

18 minutes ago, raytamt1 said:

I hate to bear bad news, but the extra 25% bonus will not re-apply for cancelled cruises that were booked using FCCs. A cash refund will also not be an option since NCL will be refunding your FCC. If you would like your cash back, you could try a chargeback request with your credit card issuer, but the fact that you used the FCC to book a cruise shows that you willingly accepted the credits as a refund for your original cancelled cruise, and that may factor in the issuer's decision on whether or not to approve the chargeback.

You are correct that the info on the NCL website limits the 25% bonus on payments by FCC to only those who had paid with a "Peace of Mind" FCC, and not to other types of FCC.  We just received a letter from NCL, however, announcing the cancellation of our October cruise.  It included this announcement:

Information follows for guests currently booked on voyages affected by the suspension :
· All guests on impacted voyages will automatically receive a 125% refund of the fare paid in the form of a future
cruise credit. This credit is valid for one year from the issue date and applicable towards all published sailings
through December 31, 2022. All credits will be issued by Thursday, July 30, 2020.

It seems to me that "All guests" really ought to mean "all guests" regardless of how they paid.  I agree with you, though, that NCL probably will deny the 25% bonus if you paid with FCC.  We'll see.

10 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

According to NCL's announcement in the link you quoted, the 60-day final payment policy is only for cruises in 2020 (which means some of November and December).   [Apologies if I missed something additional about 2021.]

You are correct.  I am the one who misread the referenced article.  I edited my post as soon as I noticed my error.

• Like 1

Just my luck.  I missed the 60 days final payment by 3 days for my Jan. 3, 2021 cruise.  So final payment is still due Sept. 5th (but according to my TA Aug. 24th).  Will not know by then if cruises will start up so probably will have to cancel.

7 hours ago, zqvol said:

Unfortunately IMO this is even close to the end of the cancellations. I don't think anything is sailing until may or June of next year and that is why I cannot understand why people are still booking. There is just too much unknown at this time to risk losing hard earned money. I will say that once they start sailing I am ready to go.

As much as I want to be able to say you are wrong, I unfortunately have to agree with you. Which is why I just moved my January 2021 all the way out to November 2021 instead of into April or May.

5 hours ago, raytamt1 said:

I think that may be the case if I cancel but not if they extend the suspension. I already know a couple who was in my position and their rebooked cruise was suspended. They got 125% fcc on that on also for the inconvenience 

2 minutes ago, krittykat said:

I think that may be the case if I cancel but not if they extend the suspension. I already know a couple who was in my position and their rebooked cruise was suspended. They got 125% fcc on that on also for the inconvenience 

Best of luck. I hope they would do that since it seems reasonable to do so, but I would be very skeptical of NCL missing any trick that would benefit themselves. I think in booking now though, the prices are being kept high. Once cruises actually resume, I believe there will be plenty of last minute bargains where you can get alot more bang for your buck, I mean, credits. 

All the talk about the FCC being used to book the next cancelled cruise, is all in favor of NCL. 

If NCL really wants pax to have "peace of mind", they should revert back to the original form of payment cash/credit card . The 125% is going to be worthless. It's all for NCL to hang on to your money.

All cruise lines are saying they have xxxxx amount of dollars to keep operating for xxxx amount of time. 

It shouldn't matter what form of payment was used, if pax want a cash refund there should be an option ( not a window, not a stipulation) to receive just that a refund.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just my luck.  I missed the 60 days final payment by 3 days for my Jan. 3, 2021 cruise.  So final payment is still due Sept. 5th (but according to my TA Aug. 24th).  Will not know by then if cruises will start up so probably will have to cancel.

I'm confused by this comment. We also have a Jan 3, 2021 cruise but even with the "old" 120 day final payment deadline, it's still Sept 5. Why do you say you missed it?

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm confused by this comment. We also have a Jan 3, 2021 cruise but even with the "old" 120 day final payment deadline, it's still Sept 5. Why do you say you missed it?

What I meant is I missed the option of paying final within 60 days instead of 120 days.  It only goes up to end of December.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Let me help you out, it seems obvious to me but I might be missing something.  The grace period for 120 day payment ends with cruises departing December 31, 2020. Your cruise leaves on January 3rd so your payment will be due on September 5th (120 days). If your cruise left 3 days earlier (December 31st), payment would not be due until the end of October. I'm pretty certain this is what EllieninNJ meant when she said she missed the 60 days by 3 days, but hopefully she can confirm. 

17 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

5 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

What I meant is I missed the option of paying final within 60 days instead of 120 days.  It only goes up to end of December.

Ah, okay, now I understand you. But if you'd booked a December cruise, it would have been potentially a different booking rate. Before booking our cruise, I briefly looked at itineraries in December and they were significantly more expensive than the one I chose (which leaves on my birthday, and that was the point in the first place). I'm glad that they changed the Peace of Mind rules so now we can cancel up to 15 days before sailing and get FCC (just in case). I don't really care about the 120 vs 60 days.

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Ah, okay, now I understand you. But if you'd booked a December cruise, it would have been potentially a different booking rate. Before booking our cruise, I briefly looked at itineraries in December and they were significantly more expensive than the one I chose (which leaves on my birthday, and that was the point in the first place). I'm glad that they changed the Peace of Mind rules so now we can cancel up to 15 days before sailing and get FCC (just in case). I don't really care about the 120 vs 60 days.

The reason I would have liked 60 days before final payment is to have NCL cancel this cruise instead of me.  I mistakenly booked through an on line TA who charges if I cancel but doesn't if the cruise line cancels.  I already had an April cruise cancelled and it took 85 days to get refunded.  I don't want to go through that again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EllieinNJ said:

The reason I would have liked 60 days before final payment is to have NCL cancel this cruise instead of me.  I mistakenly booked through an on line TA who charges if I cancel but doesn't if the cruise line cancels.  I already had an April cruise cancelled and it took 85 days to get refunded.  I don't want to go through that again.

Ah, okay, thanks for the additional information, I wasn't aware of that but it all makes sense now. I can see what you mean.

We're in a totally different boat, pardon the pun.

I had two cruises in October that got canceled now. Both were before final payment (UK) and the deposits were cruisenext vouchers. Now I got two 25% FCC credits of the CN value. Not that I would complain but no idea why as I still expect my CN vouchers to get back into my account. So the 25% would be pretty much free money without risk.