Advice sought!!!

JJG99

Our Sky Princess cruise from FL in March 2020 was cancelled by Princess less than 24 hours before the cruise was due to embark. We were flying from Australia to join the cruise the day before and had to cancel flights/hotels etc in an hour before we were due at the airport. Things were very stressful, as you could imagine!!  Princess offered us 225% FCC,  which at the time we thought was very generous. This FCC is sitting in our Captain Circle accounts.

My question is- what are our chances of asking for our 100% full fare paid of the 225% FCC (100% full fare paid + 125% FCC) being refunded to our bank account. We are not interested in the 125% extra FCC that they offered anymore.

Does anyone have any comments or experience with this situation??

Thanking you,

Jenny

• Like 1

They're probably going to tell you that you agreed to the terms and are SOL. Call them up and see what they say.

Some folks in this situation have disputed the charge with their credit card companies as a product/service not delivered and have been sucessful. You could look into that as well.

• Like 2

Good luck JJG99. I would also be very interested in what they say. Being notified less than 24 hours before you were due to depart would be very stressful. I hope you got refunds on your airfares and hotels etc. 

225% compensation is very generous. I think Princess stopped offering such generous FCC after March. 

We were scheduled to be on that same cruise in March and it was cancelled the day before we were to fly to Florida.  We initially made the decision to take the 225% FCC but after a month to mull it over we changed our mind and changed our request to 100% FCC & 100% cruise fare repaid to us.  The big difference, of course, is that decision to change came long before Princess ever got around to processing our refund in the first place.

I imagine there are a lot of cruisers who are wondering if they will ever be able to take advantage of their FCC.  At our age, we didn't know if our health would be good enough to travel whenever cruising resumes or if Princess would still be around.

I wish you the best on your quest but wonder if that sort of a request might set a precedence that Princess would not want to see happen.

We were to get half in cash, half in FCC, I called and asked about receiving all back in cash and they said no.  I then did a credit card dispute, two of the reasons being, I paid them with cash, they cancelled the cruise, I want it all back in cash, and also who knows when cruising is going to resume.  Hopefully you have all your emails and paperwork and credit card statement showing when you paid for the cruise.  Anyhow I was successful, the credit card company did a chargeback dispute, the cruise line had 45 days to respond, they never did, after 45 days the credit card company released the credit back to my account. I did this before the FCC showed up in my account.