Carnival Magic

spotter27

2 minutes ago, spotter27 said:

Question Would you book a Cruise for March 6th 2021? I am canceling my Dec.16th cruise because  feel it will get canceled anyway. Any advise

I would not.  I'm not booking anything until we are close to an outcome. And that includes if the lines start to sail once again in some kind of weird fashion.  I can't afford to be quarantined on a ship for 14 days should even ONE COVID person boards the ship.

• Like 2

I was going to book the same Magic cruise, hoping we could sail safely by then.  If you cancel your Dec. cruise and rebook March I guess there would be no downside.  My March 2020 Breeze was cancelled, so I have my deposit and FCC I can book with. (plus obc)  My worry is airfare that may be a hassle to cancel in March. (I always get trip insurance, but may not cover that)  If there is any chance of having to quarantine before, during or after the cruise I will not go. 

48 minutes ago, spotter27 said:

Question Would you book a Cruise for March 6th 2021? I am canceling my Dec.16th cruise because  feel it will get canceled anyway. Any advise

We booked this cruise since it's one of the few 7 day itineraries remaining at the two ports in our backyard here.  I would have preferred not booking until later in to 2021 but have an upgrade that will expire and that Carnival will not extend.  If this sailing ends up being cancelled then we'll just re-book another one further out though.  

1 hour ago, spotter27 said:

I'd wait for the Dec cruise to be officially canceled (very high probability) before booking for March. 

My gut feeling (based on information as of 8/19/20) is that there won't be any sailings until mid-2021 anyway, so even if you canceled Dec 2020 today and rescheduled for 3/2021, there's a good probability that it won't sail either.

58 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'd wait for the Dec cruise to be officially canceled (very high probability) before booking for March. 

My gut feeling (based on information as of 8/19/20) is that there won't be any sailings until mid-2021 anyway, so even if you canceled Dec 2020 today and rescheduled for 3/2021, there's a good probability that it won't sail either.

What is the information you have as of 8/19?  My gut feeling is that CCL will be cruising by Jan.1, 2021 if not earlier.  A couple European cruises have started back up, US will be close being (again IMHO).

1 minute ago, SunshineOnTheBrain said:

What is the information you have as of 8/19?  My gut feeling is that CCL will be cruising by Jan.1, 2021 if not earlier.  A couple European cruises have started back up, US will be close being (again IMHO).

"The information" is where we stand with a vaccine and/or effective treatment.

The US is not like Europe. 

First of all, most Americans have been their own worst enemies as far as covid.  Instead of taking precautions, they went around like "it was no big deal" so instead of flattening the curve, it's gone up.  

Secondly, I don't think ports are accepting American ships and who knows when they will, based on the infection rate here. 

Third, in Europe they aren't going between countries.  In the US we cannot just have "within the country" cruises.

"My information" says there could be a vaccine early 2021....add on a few months for it to be available....and then cruising resumes.

• Like 2

Please try and remain very "Optimistic" my Cruise Members. When you "Inject" negative vibes into the atmosphere then the positive vibes get "altered". 

Take a Tip from Dorothy on The Old Time Favorite; Wizard Of Oz and keep saying "There's No Place Like Carnival"    

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Please try and remain very "Optimistic" my Cruise Members. When you "Inject" negative vibes into the atmosphere then the positive vibes get "altered". 

Take a Tip from Dorothy on The Old Time Favorite; Wizard Of Oz and keep saying "There's No Place Like Carnival"    

If optimism supersedes realism, you set yourself up for disappointment.

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

"My information" says there could be a vaccine early 2021....add on a few months for it to be available....and then cruising resumes.

Those holding out for a miracle vaccine are already set up for disappointment. There will be a new normal.

I'm booked for January 2nd.  Maybe it will sail and maybe it won't.  I also have a deposit down on a cruise in April.  Some people are ok with booking and then seeing how it goes while others prefer to wait before booking anything.  Everyone has their own risk level depending on health, vacation time, money, etc.  Just do what you feel comfortable doing and know that if you book, it helps to remain flexible for any changes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

12433210.jpg

12 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yeah....vaccination will be mandatory!

I would think that that Civil Rights Lawyers would have a grand time with the Industry if they attempted to make the supposed vaccine "Mandatory". That is a very slippery slope to deal with; especially since the Flu vaccine and/or Norovirus pre-treatments are not mandatory to Board?   

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

... the Flu vaccine and/or Norovirus pre-treatments are not mandatory ...

Schools can make the decision to not allow students to attend class without certain vaccinations ie: measals.

I believe the cruise lines could make a similar requirement for boarding although the U.S. government probably

could only suggest.

6 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Not being a lawyer....but how about mandatory covid testing and even mandatory temperature taking.  Your civil rights lawyer could also argue that this violates someone's civil rights.

Those two would be tough. Vaccines could be argued against for religious reasons.