Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

There's not a lot to go on here @Ray66 any clues ?

I am pretty sure I have been to this port but everything I have googled so far doesn’t fit. I did wonder whether it was one of the Canary Islands?

7 minutes ago, sogne said:

no one seems to know my other 2 photos they are Ny Alesund Svalbard and Sarande Albania

Sorry I was going to guess Sarande for the change of itinerary one but I was letting someone else have a go (honest !)

16 minutes ago, sogne said:

no one seems to know my other 2 photos they are Ny Alesund Svalbard and Sarande Albania

Oh, darn. I was still working on those. Was hoping for some additional clues to help work them out. In retrospect Ny Alesund certainly makes sense for the landscape. I don't think I would ever have figured out Sarande though.

Edited by bluemarble

4 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

There's not a lot to go on here @Ray66 any clues ?

I thought there weren't many ports where ships dock side by side like that.  Also those concrete tetrapods to stop coastal erosion must be a clue.

It's a maiden Baltic cruise in May/June 2011.

Edited by Ray66
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I thought there weren't many ports where ships dock side by side like that.  Also those concrete tetrapods to stop coastal erosion must be a clue.

Thanks, I'm guessing Tallinn

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

I'm very glad you said that before I suggested Katakolon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

Correct 🙂

Well I was right about having been there - just wildly wrong geographically! We were there in 2013, a voyage famous for someone having been left behind in a pub in Tallinn. Apparently their wife walked off with their passport & phone in her handbag as she returned to the ship and hubby was left on his own as QE sailed back to Southampton over the course of three sea days. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kynance said:

Well I was right about having been there - just wildly wrong geographically! We were there in 2013, a voyage famous for someone having been left behind in a pub in Tallinn. Apparently their wife walked off with their passport & phone in her handbag as she returned to the ship and hubby was left on his own as QE sailed back to Southampton over the course of three sea days. 

Divorce?

Just now, exlondoner said:

Divorce?

I have no idea but according to a report in the press, the couple were eventually reunited back home.  However, it’s a good question - I wonder who was the angriest of the two?! 

4 minutes ago, Kynance said:

I have no idea but according to a report in the press, the couple were eventually reunited back home.  However, it’s a good question - I wonder who was the angriest of the two?! 

Ah, I had assumed it was deliberate.

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

Now I feel the fool. Here's a shot of mine taken at Tallinn, tetrapods and all, from a voyage on another cruise line a few years ago. So close to getting that one if I'd only looked in my own archives!

image.thumb.png.139589c1ac7d4967c04af49b045dd4b7.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm going with Hamburg, Germany. That looks like the view toward the Steinwerder Cruise Center from near the Blohm+Voss shipyards.

Correct, Queen Victoria almost hiding in Hamburg

@sogne I just realized you've been giving clues to the locations of your photos in the attachment file names. I won't give away the location of this last one to let it run its course if someone wants to guess without resulting to checking the file name. I spotted that when I opened your latest attachment in my browser and looked at the URL. But the attachment file names are visible within the posts in the Cruise Critic "Forums" and "Tapatalk" smartphone apps. Best to rename your files before attaching them in the future.

Edited by bluemarble

6 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

@sogne I just realized you've been giving clues to the locations of your photos in the attachment file names. I won't give away the location of this last one to let it run its course if someone wants to guess without resulting to checking the file name. I spotted that when I opened your latest attachment in my browser and looked at the URL. But the attachment file names are visible within the posts in the Cruise Critic "Forums" and "Tapatalk" smartphone apps. Best to rename your files before attaching them in the future.

Never thought that you could get those details. But it gives the port name