Good News Queensland has zero cases of Corona Virus

Good news Queensland has zero new cases of Corona Virus for the second day.  

Federal Deputy CHO has congratulated Queensland's CMO on doing a fantastic job. 

The sooner all States have low numbers of people with the virus from community spread, the sooner cruising will likely recommence in Australia.  

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

NSW is not far behind with only 1 locally acquired.

"One case was a result of local transmission, with the other three found among returned travellers in hotel quarantine." ABC

NSW has been doing a good job of contact tracing also, plus with a larger population. 

I think a different headline would be be less divisive. Many people would look at that and read "Look at Queensland we're so great"

Best of luck to all Australians that you get this scourge under control.

Meanwhile we are having a disappointing upturn here in BC and we were pretty proud of how well we were doing compared to other parts of Canada. And we were pretty proud of Canada's overall response to the outbreak. Most Canadians seem to be on board with the mitigation measures but I think we are all noticing the entitled ones who think the rules don't apply.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Good news Queensland has zero new cases of Corona Virus for the second day.  

Federal Deputy CHO has congratulated Queensland's CMO on doing a fantastic job. 

The sooner all States have low numbers of people with the virus from community spread, the sooner cruising will likely recommence in Australia.  

For goodness sake don’t do a happy dance .Jacinda celebrated over 100 days without a Covoid case ...and then the second wave hit ...

• Like 1

Like many Australians, I watch the news each day for the announcement re the reducing number of new corona viruses in all states, but mainly in Victoria and New South Wales, which have the most cases.  The headline wasn't meant to be divisive in any way.  It was meant to be joyful, because Qld finally has no new Corona Virus cases.  Life as we knew it has changed due to the pandemic, but it would be a sad state of affairs if we can't celebrate well earned successes.

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

For goodness sake don’t do a happy dance .Jacinda celebrated over 100 days without a Covoid case ...and then the second wave hit ...

I did do a happy dance like Jacinda.  

Yes, sadly I'm aware of the numbers increasing in Europe and London etc. 

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Why would the "How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)" thread be closed down? What could have been the problem?

I also noticed the RUBY PRINCESS - The Verdict - Report & Recommendations - YOUR COMMENTS thread has been moved to the Floataway Lounge forum. I don't understand why there. Anyone have any idea?

Leigh

Well done Queensland. May the zero figures continue for you.

But I will be truly joyous when I see this headline for Victoria, they have been through enough.

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Best of luck to all Australians that you get this scourge under control.

Thanks Blackduck.  We know here in Australia and NZ how the numbers can be really low and you think you have it beaten and the virus takes off again.

I do hope that Australians on the east coast continue to socially distance and be careful until a vacine becomes available.

11 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Meanwhile we are having a disappointing upturn here in BC.

Sad to hear that for BC and I hope it stays out of the nursing homes.

Very sad to hear today that it is in over 40 nursing homes in  Britain.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Like many Australians, I watch the news each day for the announcement re the reducing number of new corona viruses in all states, but mainly in Victoria and New South Wales, which have the most cases.  The headline wasn't meant to be divisive in any way.  It was meant to be joyful, because Qld finally has no new Corona Virus cases.  Life as we knew it has changed due to the pandemic, but it would be a sad case of affairs if we can't celebrate well earned successes.

I would love to go to Melbourne for another long weekend, my wife loves the shopping and we both enjoy the truly cosmopolitan atmosphere the place has.

However, along with cruising it will happen in the hopefully near future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bowm54 said:

I would love to go to Melbourne for another long weekend, my wife loves the shopping and we both enjoy the truly cosmopolitan atmosphere the place has.

However, along with cruising it will happen in the hopefully near future.

I love Melbourne, as it is the sporting and entertainment capital of Australia.  I just heard on the news today that the Australian Tennis Open in January won't be as we know it.  I might have to transfer my accommodation booking to January, 2022.  I just watched the US Open with no spectators, which was strange, with no atmosphere.   

• Like 1

There seems to be a new censor on this board. Brandee and I had posts deleted from another thread yesterday. More likely I had a comment removed and Brandee's quote of it and reply were removed.

I hope that this section continues to be a place of frank and open discussion which makes it so much better than what I see on some other places on this site.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

We were told previously that there is no specific moderator for our board.  Mostly they leave us alone as we play pretty nicely.

It was also said that posts which are reported are looked at by someone.  

It does not explain moving the thread to the Floataway Lounge. It is a not a place I want to be associated with.

To get it back, being very mindful of terms and conditions about questioning moderation, perhaps some polite emails to community to indicate the importance of it to cruising in this part of the world.

• Like 2