Good News Queensland has zero cases of Corona Virus

Found this in the Cruise Critic Guidelines for posts:

Removal of Posts

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to the author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. All decisions regarding post removals are final.

However this was one post that we didn't veer off topic (which is unusual for us)

10 hours ago, Ondine said:

Found this in the Cruise Critic Guidelines for posts:

Removal of Posts

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to the author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. All decisions regarding post removals are final.

However this was one post that we didn't veer off topic (which is unusual for us)

Are they planning to move the Oz & NZ forum to the Floataway? Most of our threads wander off down some side paths at times.😉

21 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Maybe  we should ask for a Pub section like on the UK cruising section... then everything can be down the Pub......... Don

I looked at that pub section a couple of times. I saw Mic there once but frankly that is the dullest pub I have ever been to.

Edited by Blackduck59
typo

32 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I looked at that pub section a couple of times. I saw Mic there once but frankly that is the dullest pub I have ever been to.

It could be the Brits actually go to Pub and talk about Cruising and Pies over a pint....

instead of on their phones, tablets, ipads, laytop, or deck tops.......

But i would have to a agree  .... a very dull pub... ( could it be warm beer ? ) 

By the numbers about 2 million Brits cruise each year to aussies about 1.3 million per year.....

Cheers Don

Well considering the regulars on this board live hundreds and in my case thousands of miles apart; it's pretty hard to get together for a pint. And I'm guessing that the conversation at the average pub in the UK is more likely to be about footy, cricket or darts than cruising. Besides there are are already a couple of pubs on this board. One has a different name and the other specializes in pies, hopefully they don't get moved to the lounge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Alcohol free too Lyle, as useless as an ash tray on a motor bike to me.🍷

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well considering the regulars on this board live hundreds and in my case thousands of miles apart; it's pretty hard to get together for a pint. And I'm guessing that the conversation at the average pub in the UK is more likely to be about footy, cricket or darts than cruising. Besides there are are already a couple of pubs on this board. One has a different name and the other specializes in pies, hopefully they don't get moved to the lounge.

Real English pubs are great in normal times.Newcastle Brown Ale anyone?download.jpg.9e3004297f59d4d314879193d9b248a4.jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Maybe  we should ask for a Pub section like on the UK cruising section... then everything can be down the Pub......... Don

I can’t remember for sure but I think when the board was reorganised into its present format ,we did have an Australian pub section .but it got rather nasty and had to be closed down.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I can’t remember for sure but I think when the board was reorganised into its present format ,we did have an Australian pub section .but it got rather nasty and had to be closed down.

Pub fights are common in some areas.😉  I try to steer clear of them. 😁

Isn't it interesting hoe the definition of "Pub" is different in different places? And how it can changes over time. When I first went to the "Pub" here in Victoria (Canada) they were large drinking halls with red terry cloth table covers. The waiter wandered around with a tray full of glasses of draught, you told him how many you wanted and he plunked the down. There was at least 1 pool table (8 Ball) the bigger ones had as many as 6 and at least 1 shuffle board and 2 dart boards. Some had big screen TVs to watch "Hockey Night in Canada" Some had live music and some had a reputation for being rowdy. Over the years those places have all disappeared. Replaced by much smaller places with a vast array of different beers on tap which are all pulled to order. Almost all have a rather good selection of food to offer, and very few have a reputation for rowdy.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Isn't it interesting hoe the definition of "Pub" is different in different places? And how it can changes over time. When I first went to the "Pub" here in Victoria (Canada) they were large drinking halls with red terry cloth table covers. The waiter wandered around with a tray full of glasses of draught, you told him how many you wanted and he plunked the down. There was at least 1 pool table (8 Ball) the bigger ones had as many as 6 and at least 1 shuffle board and 2 dart boards. Some had big screen TVs to watch "Hockey Night in Canada" Some had live music and some had a reputation for being rowdy. Over the years those places have all disappeared. Replaced by much smaller places with a vast array of different beers on tap which are all pulled to order. Almost all have a rather good selection of food to offer, and very few have a reputation for rowdy.

Bit like here Lyle, some very good taverns, well run with good food.  Couple of pubs we have in my town, the Bayview and Mariners have food as good as club restaurants and a few other eateries in town and better prices generally.  Pool tables and juke boxes have just about gone.

Edited by NSWP

Our local pub, The Longy, had a make-over late last year and is a nice place for a meal now. Thank goodness they removed the TV screens out of the dining area, I hate having TVs flickering at the edges of my vision when eating.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our local pub, The Longy, had a make-over late last year and is a nice place for a meal now. Thank goodness they removed the TV screens out of the dining area, I hate having TVs flickering at the edges of my vision when eating.

Your Longueville Hotel - aka The Longy is fantastic, we were there in early January, had a luncheon and a dinner there, whilst staying at my son's @ Riverview.  Good dining area, good food and service, the outside area is popular. One of the best pubs I have been to, certainly a very good refurbishment and appears well run.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Your Longueville Hotel - aka The Longy is fantastic, we were there in early January, had a luncheon and a dinner there, whilst staying at my son's @ Riverview.  Good dining area, good food and service, the outside area is popular. One of the best pubs I have been to.

We'd stopped going to it, and most pubs, before the refit, mostly because they all had TVs flashing everywhere, but I'll be happy to go there again now. Had a very nice steak there before the pandemic set in. Mind you, we're going to be spoilt for choice once all the new Canopy restaurants open.  

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Bit like here Lyle, some very good taverns, well run with good food.  Couple of pubs we have in my town, the Bayview and Mariners have food as good as club restaurants and a few other eateries in town and better prices generally.  Pool tables and juke boxes have just about gone.

... Taken over by poker machines.

The last Pub was in the Stanley Hotel..... you guess in Stanley Tasmania...... Good food, and service, and a nice view in summer...... Hope to go back one day...   ( and no pokies... Tv only in the bar... and raffles on Friday nights.... won a nice bottle of port once )

Cheers   Don

Right no Pub section.... what was i thinking.....

We’ve just had 2 old style pubs go under in the last week.

The Morning Star in Williamstown. Good bar, beer garden and dining room. No pokies.

In Seddon, the Mona Castle has also closed.

Possibly both will make way for apartments.

Edited by Docker123

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

We’ve just had 2 old style pubs go under in the last week.

The Morning Star in Williamstown. Good bar, beer garden and dining room. No pokies.

In Seddon, the Mona Castle has also closed.

Possibly both will make way for apartments.

There will most likely more in the coming months depending on whether the operators are able to afford to re-open with the Covid 19 social distancing that will be required. 

Leigh

14 hours ago, possum52 said:

There will most likely more in the coming months depending on whether the operators are able to afford to re-open with the Covid 19 social distancing that will be required. 

Leigh

One of the publicans said it was a combination of Covid, plus a landlord who was not willing to give a rent reduction and foreshadowed a rent increase for next year.

• Like 1