Jump to content

November Cruisers????


Recommended Posts

I have a cruise scheduled out of New Orleans on Thanksgiving week should I have hope that this actually might happen? There is not much talking on the rollcall. So who else has a November cruise or close upcomming date? Are you making plans? Also if cruises resume what do you think will be some of changes with Covid-19? buffets, social gathering such as meet and great, shows, excursions. etc?  

 

Tracie

Link to post
Share on other sites

A limited number of cruises will sail in November if the cruise lines receive approval to resume. It is anyone's guess whether they will go. 

 

Masks: Yes

Social Distancing Requests (that are not followed): Yes

Limited seating at shows: Yes. 

Buffets serving food: Yes (but not as a buffet)

 

We have been on 3 vacations since reopening. All resorts are similar. Most guest follow mask rules. No one socially distances (heck with the dots on the floor). Dining tables 6' apart, but people constantly walking between the tables. When we were in Vegas a few weeks ago, the buffet had food, but a waiter had to get it for you. It was still all-you-can-eat. The alternative is to have a limited menu where servers fetch the food for you,,, making the buffet just another dining room. More things outside on the pool deck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Summerstravel said:

I have a cruise scheduled out of New Orleans on Thanksgiving week should I have hope that this actually might happen?

 

 

Nothing wrong with having some hope that your cruise will sail but having said that, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy new luggage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trimone said:

I would forecast cruising will commence May-June 2021

 

I agree. Safe & effective Covid-19 vaccine available to everybody by April 2021. Cruising commences May-June 2021. Also, just my forecast.

 

I will not cruise before a vaccine with masks, social distancing, etc. Not my idea of a fun/relaxing cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I too, hope that cruising will return by May 2021 with fewer restrictions which I'd expect now and hopefully a vaccine.  I'm so on the fence with my wonderful B2B cruise on the Jade next April but will wait until my crystal ball tells me what the outcome will be.  LOL, just kidding. 

 

I'm fortunate, in that, I'm very flexible, will cruise when and where I can, when and if, all my boxes are ticked.  

 

Just gotta believe...  we will sail again.... 

Stay safe, stay strong.  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I too, hope that cruising will return by May 2021 with fewer restrictions which I'd expect now and hopefully a vaccine.  I'm so on the fence with my wonderful B2B cruise on the Jade next April but will wait until my crystal ball tells me what the outcome will be.  LOL, just kidding. 

 

I'm fortunate, in that, I'm very flexible, will cruise when and where I can, when and if, all my boxes are ticked.  

 

Just gotta believe...  we will sail again.... 

Stay safe, stay strong.  

 

 

 

I believe our cruise will be a go by the end of next April. Positive thinking

Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked for Nov 21 on Pride of America Hawaii cruise. I’m sure it will be cancelled and I’ve prepared the family for the disappointment, but secretly hoping it will still sail. There’s not much in the way of chatter or traffic on the boards or roll call. I’d love to hear from anyone else booked on this cruise or anyone in the know from NCL to give us some insight on the plan to resume cruising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kruisinagain said:

Booked for Nov 21 on Pride of America Hawaii cruise. I’m sure it will be cancelled and I’ve prepared the family for the disappointment, but secretly hoping it will still sail. There’s not much in the way of chatter or traffic on the boards or roll call.

 

I would start following the local Hawaii news sites like star-advertiser. HI is getting really hard core about renewing lockdowns, and sending officials to check visitors haven't vacated their 2 week quarantine hotel room for even one minute. Key cards only open door once, never again. I have given up following the wishful thinking of when HI is scheduled to relax because HI seems to backtrack out of ideology alone rather than facts on the ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I too, hope that cruising will return by May 2021 with fewer restrictions which I'd expect now and hopefully a vaccine.  I'm so on the fence with my wonderful B2B cruise on the Jade next April but will wait until my crystal ball tells me what the outcome will be.  LOL, just kidding. 

 

I'm fortunate, in that, I'm very flexible, will cruise when and where I can, when and if, all my boxes are ticked.  

 

Just gotta believe...  we will sail again.... 

Stay safe, stay strong.  

 

 

 

 

Hi All-ready2cruise, yeah I heard where our U.S. Administration has said a safe & effective vaccine available to everybody by April 2021. If indeed developed, the vaccine will probably be out before then but will first go to health care workers, first responders, elderly with underlying health issues, etc.

 

That's why I'm thinking May 2021 for a full return to cruising. April 2021 is possible but it's going to be close. If you don't mind if I ask, where is your B2B cruise on Jade next April?

 

I, like you, am very flexible (recently retired) and will also cruise (solo) where and when I can and if, all my boxes are ticked (i.e. minimum 12 day cruise).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi farmersfight, I'm booked on the Jade, 11-day Apr. 11/21. It sails  from Tampa to NYC. 

Tampa, FL, George Town, G. Cayman, Oranjestad, Aruba, Kralendijk Bonaire, Castries, St. Lucia and St. John's Antigua >NYC.

 

Followed by 15 day TA from  NYC to Amsterdam. 

 

NYC, Halifax, NS, Reykjavik, IL, Belfast N. Ireland, Holyhead, Wales, Paris, France, Brussels, Belgium > Amsterdam. 

 

26days total. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Hi farmersfight, I'm booked on the Jade, 11-day Apr. 11/21. It sails  from Tampa to NYC. 

Tampa, FL, George Town, G. Cayman, Oranjestad, Aruba, Kralendijk Bonaire, Castries, St. Lucia and St. John's Antigua >NYC.

 

Followed by 15 day TA from  NYC to Amsterdam. 

 

NYC, Halifax, NS, Reykjavik, IL, Belfast N. Ireland, Holyhead, Wales, Paris, France, Brussels, Belgium > Amsterdam. 

 

26days total. 
 

 

Thanks. Your Jade cruise looks great and I would do that one in a heartbeat. Although, just 1 day below my self-imposed minimum 12 day cruise requirement (lol), I definitely like the idea of sailing from Tampa, Fl and arriving back in NYC. Also, I want to visit the other 2 ABC islands (Bonaire, Curacao - I've been to Aruba). I really want to visit St. Lucia and I've never been to Antigua, so I'd love to visit there as well.

 

Wow, followed by a 15 day TA? You do have lots of available time (& flexibility)! I'm guessing you're retired, like me? Again, if you don't mind if I ask, which ship are you doing this TA on?

I've been to Halifax and Amsterdam but not the other ports on your TA's itinerary.

 

Yeah, 26 days total (almost an entire month) on 2 ships. Nice! I hope they both are a "go" for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, 26 days total (almost an entire month) on 2 ships. Nice! I hope they both are a "go" for you.

Same ship and same cabin for the TA. 

Also, I've been to NYC several times (stepson lives in NJ) so will likely stay close to ship and jump back on when permitted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Summerstravel I've done a couple of B2Bs.

You're not permitted to stay on the ship since it has be cleared by the Coast Guard.  Once it's cleared they will allow those doing the next cruise to get back on the ship, usually it's prior to new pax boarding.  

As far as the cabin goes, you can book the same cabin for both cruises andbut if you don't/can't they will assist you in the move from cabin 1 > cabin  2.  For the move, you'll need to pack up most of your stuff but you can leave your clothes in the closet and the steward will move those on a dolly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

@Summerstravel I've done a couple of B2Bs.

You're not permitted to stay on the ship since it has be cleared by the Coast Guard.  Once it's cleared they will allow those doing the next cruise to get back on the ship, usually it's prior to new pax boarding.  

As far as the cabin goes, you can book the same cabin for both cruises andbut if you don't/can't they will assist you in the move from cabin 1 > cabin  2.  For the move, you'll need to pack up most of your stuff but you can leave your clothes in the closet and the steward will move those on a dolly.  

It depends on the ports.   You do NOT always have to get off the ship.   I’ve sailed multiple times where I haven’t.   It is NOT a fixed procedure.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Thank you everyone for your replies I enjoy reading all of them please keep them coming. A B2B cruise sounds interesting how do these work? Do you change rooms? Can you stay on the ship or at least keep your stuff on the ship? 

Happy Sunday everyone!

I’ve done multiple b2b’ s.  The procedure is not fixed and depends on the port.  I most always change rooms since I usually am booking late-  many times when already in the ship including the night before.     
 

If I can,  I move my own stuff ( previous passenger has to debark).   I place everything in the closet and tell the steward.    This will be different however.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, farmersfight said:

 

Thanks. Your Jade cruise looks great and I would do that one in a heartbeat. Although, just 1 day below my self-imposed minimum 12 day cruise requirement (lol), I definitely like the idea of sailing from Tampa, Fl and arriving back in NYC. Also, I want to visit the other 2 ABC islands (Bonaire, Curacao - I've been to Aruba). I really want to visit St. Lucia and I've never been to Antigua, so I'd love to visit there as well.

 

Wow, followed by a 15 day TA? You do have lots of available time (& flexibility)! I'm guessing you're retired, like me? Again, if you don't mind if I ask, which ship are you doing this TA on?

I've been to Halifax and Amsterdam but not the other ports on your TA's itinerary.

 

Yeah, 26 days total (almost an entire month) on 2 ships. Nice! I hope they both are a "go" for you.

Solo on these cruises is extremely high,   I am also looking at the Jade-   But it’s not worth the high price currently.   So I plan on keeping watch. And. IF NCL does the previous price dumps-   I’ll pick it up late.    Remains to be seen what marketing will be.    It’s been an incredible last several years for give aways.   Glad I took advantage.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled my November cruise (out of NYC).  Northeast .. is and will ..surely take it's time reopening everything . Other problem is if ports scheduled will be open which is applicable to all cruises not just NY.    

In my opinion...it will be well into next spring/summer till there is any beginning of normalcy in cruising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Solo on these cruises is extremely high,   I am also looking at the Jade-   But it’s not worth the high price currently.   So I plan on keeping watch. And. IF NCL does the previous price dumps-   I’ll pick it up late.    Remains to be seen what marketing will be.    It’s been an incredible last several years for give aways.   Glad I took advantage.   

 

Yeah, I'm interested in doing a solo cruise on a sister ship, the Jewel. 14 day Hawaiian/French Polynesian Islands (w/5 sea days). Honolulu, HI - Papeete, Tahiti. Priced it out and I'd have to "suck it up" and pay the 100% solo supplement but, I'm still considering the cruise even with the high cost. Good to know that NCL has done previous price dumps - maybe they will do it on this cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...