So White Bay???

GUT2407

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Personally I can't understand why they don't simply dredge under the bridge to lower the water. Is it because it would interfere with the cross harbour tunnel? Lack of foresight on someone's part there.😁

Dredging under the bridge,genius .

15 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

just flip the funnels ....no prob

35E4292B-933D-4416-9469-B63D6A8C92A5.thumb.jpeg.1aac08836be8112915dcc14b45b2e153.jpeg

I can remember seeing a doco on the building of Oasis of the Seas where they spent a huge amount of money to design and build retractable funnels  on her so that she could fit under a bridge that was between where she was built and the open sea. ( never to be used again I believe)........over to you Chilliburn  🤔🤔😂😂

9 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

But flipping those funnels looks like it has made them even higher.

No it is only 1/2 way through in that pic .It flips 270 degrees and sits flat against the side .

Big problem....   Soot , Soot , Soot . When we watched it take place ‘‘twas on the old Norwegian Dream in the Kiel Canal and they had to rope off the deck and have an army of staff with brooms .

35 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I can remember seeing a doco on the building of Oasis of the Seas where they spent a huge amount of money to design and build retractable funnels  on her so that she could fit under a bridge that was between where she was built and the open sea. ( never to be used again I believe)........over to you Chilliburn  🤔🤔😂😂

Allure was re fitted with a funnel to get into NYC and to go through the Suez Canal .

From memory Oasis funnel wouldn’t work and it’s destiny is the Atlanta.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Allure was re fitted with a funnel to get into NYC and to go through the Suez Canal .

From memory Oasis funnel wouldn’t work and it’s destiny is the Atlanta.

Reading some stuff on google  all the Oasis class ships have retractable funnels as does Quantum  But  still too tall for The Bridge.  I assume  the  huge cost of retrofitting existing, older ships would be too prohibitive even if their  original design was suitable, regardless of which cruise line.

25 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Reading some stuff on google  all the Oasis class ships have retractable funnels as does Quantum  But  still too tall for The Bridge.  I assume  the  huge cost of retrofitting existing, older ships would be too prohibitive even if their  original design was suitable, regardless of which cruise line.

They seem to be hesitant about doing any modifications on any ship.

like even changing artwork is a big process .

Weather it’s a legal thing or the landlord just doesn’t want to spend the money on the asset .???

I suppose it’s like someone who owns a block of flats  .Just rent them into the ground and don’t spend a cent on them.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

This is why we need a new cruise terminal in Sydney.

EFB3FE70-26CD-4AFE-8B5F-0F5760BBE4A6.thumb.png.443d3596f6e31c7a0069393fa1c675e8.png

More people in NSW and probably more money to cruise, hence 53% of the total cruise pax. Plus the convenience of embarking on a cruise at White Bay or Circular Quay.  Yes indeed the third terminal is required to handle the numbers.

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

More people in NSW and probably more money to cruise, hence 53% of the total cruise pax. Plus the convenience of embarking on a cruise at White Bay or Circular Quay.  Yes indeed the third terminal is required to handle the numbers.

Maybe the number of people cruising from Sydney will go down, when Queenslanders can cruise direct from Brisbane and people from interstate can fly to Brisbane to cruise from Brisbane.  In addition, overseas people can fly direct to Brisbane to cruise.  

I think Australians are due more variety in cruising, in addition to NZ.  I love NZ but would rather do land travel there.  Thursday Island and Darwin, PNG and islands, Spice Islands, Solomon Islands, WWII history sites etc.  And that is without trying!!

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Maybe the number of people cruising from Sydney will go down, when Queenslanders can cruise direct from Brisbane and people from interstate can fly to Brisbane to cruise from Brisbane.  In addition, overseas people can fly direct to Brisbane to cruise.  

I think Australians are due more variety in cruising, in addition to NZ.  I love NZ but would rather do land travel there.  Thursday Island and Darwin, PNG and islands, Spice Islands, Solomon Islands, WWII history sites etc.  And that is without trying!!

It is where they are from not where they embark, but yes many more will be embarking in Brisbane once cruising resumes.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Uncle Les,have you got the hots for captain Kate?

Not as much as I love her cat, Bug Naked. 🤣 Is it not cute? ...NOT !

th (8).jpg

Edited by NSWP