Next round of cancellations

6 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

So we know the ports RC will sail from when they start back up but when will they announce cancellations? I have an 11/22/20 out of Miami and would like to book a land vaca but want a cancellation first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What ports do we know?

Nobody knows when the next cancellation will be😉

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

So we know the ports RC will sail from when they start back up but when will they announce cancellations? I have an 11/22/20 out of Miami and would like to book a land vaca but want a cancellation first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What ports will they be sailing from ?  I missed that announcement

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

But it was on the internets😉

Then it MUST be TRUE

Back to the question but still no answer I thought they would make an announcement about further cancellations last Friday, but NOT!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Based on the Carnival announcement but didn’t PC state no cruises until sometime in the new year. 

I feel bad for those sailing or think they are sailing on Nov 1 cutting down to only 3 weeks notice soon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Then it MUST be TRUE

Back to the question but still no answer I thought they would make an announcement about further cancellations last Friday, but NOT!!

I think that they were waiting until the meeting at the WH to see what the potential date they may be able to resume would be.  Since that has been postponed indefinitely I’m thinking that we will see a one month cancellation early in the week. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that they were waiting until the meeting at the WH to see what the potential date they may be able to resume would be.  Since that has been postponed indefinitely I’m thinking that we will see a one month cancellation early in the week. 

I need it to go through December 6th so that I can have closure and not have to make the decision myself😇

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I need it to go through December 6th so that I can have closure and not have to make the decision myself😇

At this point though since final has been made you can hold out until 3 days before sailing hoping they and it won’t change anything.  If it is sailing then you would have to make the decision on whether to go or not.  

I think it would be early November before they decided on December cruises.  I think they feel like they are getting close and don’t want to cancel anything that may potentially have a slim shot of actually sailing. 

leaves people on pins a needles for quite a while though. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Based on the Carnival announcement but didn’t PC state no cruises until sometime in the new year. 

I think they based that on thevlatest information shared to them by cruise lines.  But that's fluid

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At this point though since final has been made you can hold out until 3 days before sailing hoping they and it won’t change anything.  If it is sailing then you would have to make the decision on whether to go or not.  

I think it would be early November before they decided on December cruises.  I think they feel like they are getting close and don’t want to cancel anything that may potentially have a slim shot of actually sailing. 

I just would like to know so I can go onto my Plan B AND get my FCC  so I can  apply them

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

We had a group set to sail last week in January.   We all decided to L&S to the same week in 22.   And we’re now doing a land vacation to Cancun instead.  Rather know now than wait and get aggravated. Lolol.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's their assumption for budget purposes.  Not necessarily what will happen in reality.

It’s now questionable whether a new date for the meeting with Pence will even be set up prior to the election.  If they don’t have it very soon, like by the end of next week, don’t be surprised if CDC adds another month to the suspension and moves to November 30.

• Like 1

Given what we know today that these rapid tests do not prevent outbreaks, I don't see how cruising can resume. Football teams have players testing positive, Colleges having outbreaks and now today New York shutting down all non-essential businesses in 9 zip codes. Many states are seeing big spikes and WI says hospitals are near capacity. Things are clearly not moving in the right direction. So taking temperatures and giving everyone a rapid test prior to embarkation would not prevent an outbreak.

• Like 1

I expect that the cancellation is forthcoming.  I made my hotel reservations for our Dec cruise last night and in 2020, that seems to be the trigger for cancellation notices.  I gave in to the hotel prep on a late night decision.  If the cancellation was triggered, my apologies.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, I agree with your thoughts.  They will want to hold onto hope that december holiday sailings will happen.