April 22, 2021 Regatta Sailing...

Nashna

It was recently noted on this board that the Regatta would not resume sailing until the 2021 Alaska season.  A few months ago, it was reported that the Regatta's first post Covid sailing was the 18-day voyage departing on April 22nd from SFO and returning to MIA on May 10th.   We are currently booked on this sailing and It would be helpful to have more information on the Regatta's current sailing status.   

I totally agree. I won't believe I'm actually going until I step onto the deck. However, the poster who claimed to know that Regatta's first sailing was Alaska had to have received his information from some source...or it could just be a guess. 

The Astoria news article said the Regatta would be there at the least through April. Doesn’t sound hopeful for any April cruise! 

If it doesn’t take the first leg of SFO to Miami in April, it probably won’t do the Miami return cruise afterward.

As Jancruz suggests nobody knows! Tell us when a vaccine will positively be approved and distributed and we’ll know a lot more! 

Edited by pinotlover

45 minutes ago, Nashna said:

I totally agree. I won't believe I'm actually going until I step onto the deck. However, the poster who claimed to know that Regatta's first sailing was Alaska had to have received his information from some source...or it could just be a guess. 

It is all speculation at this point in time

Most of us are anxious to get back to cruising.  I've managed to spend a week in the Outer Banks, a few days on Bethany Beach and some time in the mountains.  But, that travel doesn't make up for a few weeks of pampering on a cruise.   The prospect of a long, cold winter without the warmth of the Caribbean sun is not pleasent.  I think Covid fatigue is definately setting in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

The Astoria news article said the Regatta would be there at the least through April. Doesn’t sound hopeful for any April cruise! 

If it doesn’t take the first leg of SFO to Miami in April, it probably won’t do the Miami return cruise afterward.

As Jancruz suggests nobody knows! Tell us when a vaccine will positively be approved and distributed and we’ll know a lot more! 

Vaccine by Nov 3rd is the word I've heard. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We are booked on Regatta in March 2021 for a 10-day cruise, Papeete-Papeete.  Until I hear officially that it is cancelled, I will keep hoping.  The South Pacific has been on our bucket list for a long time.  None of us know of anything certain at this time. 

6 hours ago, Nashna said:

Sorry started to post in Error

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

We are as anxious as you are to see cruising resume safely. Our fingers are crossed that we will board The Regatta at the end of May for her first venture to Alaska for the season.

Please post when your SFO - SFO cruises are opened. It's a little selfish of me but if you go hopefully we will too.

15 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

We are booked on Regatta in March 2021 for a 10-day cruise, Papeete-Papeete.  Until I hear officially that it is cancelled, I will keep hoping.  The South Pacific has been on our bucket list for a long time.  None of us know of anything certain at this time. 

We did that Itinerary years ago on a Renaissance Ship.  It was absolutely delightful.  Hopefully, you will still be able to make it.   

12 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

We are as anxious as you are to see cruising resume safely. Our fingers are crossed that we will board The Regatta at the end of May for her first venture to Alaska for the season.

Please post when your SFO - SFO cruises are opened. It's a little selfish of me but if you go hopefully we will too.

I certainly will post if I hear any news.  We had to cancel two other cruises so I truly hope this one goes. 

Thank you Nashna,

We are looking forward to returning to Alaska. We thought we would be one and done but can't help returning. 

I truly believe that there will be improvements in the response to Covid 19 and we can resume a somewhat new normal return to sailing. Since May we rebooked a Celebrity cruise and two Oceania cruises....all itinerary driven.

Stay safe everyone so we can meet on deck someday.

yes , indeed, the Regatta is to arrive in Astoria on Thursday.  We have cruised many times but never on Oceania.  Will see the Ship almost daily and wish wish we were going on a cruise.    93 crew members onboard, they will be able to get off the Ship with restrictions of course.  We will honk and wave frequently.  

We are scheduled to stop in Astoria on a Sunday  at the end of May 2021 and hoping that the delightful Sunday market will be open and hoping that Oceania will make it an excursion if we have to go that route. We are really looking forward to our stop there.

alcpa1, if you make it to Astoria May 21, there will be local buses, at the Pier to take you downtown to the Market. $2.00, I think.  Market opens on Mother's Day each year.  Even this year it was a scaled back version, hopefully 2021 will have many more vendors back.

Thanks, NW Pacific,

We have been to Market Day in Astoria.

The Astoria stop was one reason we chose this itinerary. My preference would almost always be to sail south from Alaska to Vancouver but our sailing buddies have never been there and we want to share a delightful day with them in your charming city,

There is also a little train that runs from the port area to the downtown area. Don't expect too much for a "downtown" area but there are some nice breweries and other interesting things to see and do. There is a path along where the train runs, we've walked it a couple of times. One bonus to walking is that you see the seals along the waterfront when you're walking. 

I think this is Astoria. 

ak 2015 553 (2).jpg

Hasn't made it here yet as of 2pm.    Was concerned our "local" powers to be may have cancelled its arrival.  Will hopefully see her tomorrow!!  Hopefully the Trolley  that ORV is referring to will be up and running, has not been since Covid.  urggh.  the picture of the Cannery Hotel is in Astoria, you will see it from your Ship.