Discovery Princess update??

suzyed

58 minutes ago, suekel said:

My cruise on the Discovery for 4/24/2022 has been canceled due to redeployment.  However the cruise on 4/10/2022 is offered as an alternative.  Not sure what is happening there.  

Guessing that is to prep her from a coastal repo to Vancouver/Seattle for the 2022 Alaska season.

1 hour ago, suekel said:

My cruise on the Discovery for 4/24/2022 has been canceled due to redeployment.  However the cruise on 4/10/2022 is offered as an alternative.  Not sure what is happening there.  

May I ask how you were notified?  By email or snail mail?  Thanks

1 hour ago, suekel said:

What do you mean "redeployment"?  We're booked, STILL on Discovery for 11/21.  

Edited by suzyed

13 minutes ago, suzyed said:

What do you mean "redeployment"?  We're booked, STILL on Discovery for 11/21.  

It's just the one April sailing that has been cancelled - the reason given for the cancellation is "Redeployment" which means they are revising her itinerary for that sailing and beyond (which were not yet published).  This is normal for a last sailing of a season where they decide to move a vessel a few weeks earlier than planned for her following seasonal deployment.  The same thing recently happened to folks booked on the Sky for 3/12 3/19 and 3/26 2022 sailings

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It's just the one April that has been cancelled - the reason given for the cancellation is "Redeployment" which means they are revising her itinerary for that sailing and beyond (which were not yet published).  This is normal for a last sailing of a season where they decide to move a vessel a few weeks earlier than planned for her following seasonal deployment.

Sigh.  That's one cancelled for Covid and 2 now for redeployment.  We going to rebook for the Discovery 2 weeks earlier.  We could do the Majestic but I don't want to sail on her.  

5 minutes ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

I'm sorry - are you getting notified by email?  I have never had a cruise cancelled before for any reason.  Anybody else can answer also.... Thank you

Yes, I get emails but a day after my TA since the booking is through her.  

17 minutes ago, suekel said:

Sigh.  That's one cancelled for Covid and 2 now for redeployment.  We going to rebook for the Discovery 2 weeks earlier.  We could do the Majestic but I don't want to sail on her.  

Why not the Majestic?

1 minute ago, suekel said:

Yes, I get emails but a day after my TA since the booking is through her.  

OK, thanks.  Some of my cruises I booked myself and 2 other ones are via my new TA.  I've been kind of tired getting new emails from Princess wanting me to book another cruise, so I've been kind of lazy and deleting them w/o reading them.  Now that I know that I'd get an email from Princess I guess I'd better start reading ALL my emails from them again.  We're booked on the Discovery on the 11-17-22 sailing, week before you.  Sorry to hear yours got cancelled.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:01 PM, Tak8 said:

Now two concerns:  will the ship be ready in time and will the 7 day cruise limit be lifted?

The 7 day rule is supposed to be only until November 1, 2021....at least for now.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Anyone have any info on the shipyard building the Discovery? How far behind is construction, last word it was a few months behind but were making up time?

Hal

During the 12/10 webinar the Princess VP of Sales was asked that question & the latest information he had was that currently the Discovery will sail as scheduled in November 2021.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

During the 12/10 webinar the Princess VP of Sales was asked that question & the latest information he had was that currently the Discovery will sail as scheduled in November 2021.

I guess I read a little more between the lines and interpreted his statement as being “I have to say the ship is on time until corporate announces she will be delayed”.

• Like 2

I booked a b2b just recently for April 24, 2022, Cabo; and then April 29, LA to Vancouver. So I am  guessing this is the new deployment?  Very small deposit, thanks to my Princess Consultant.  

Hope it goes, so interested in updates on the Discovery Princess.  

4 hours ago, milolii said:

this is the new deployment

In the case that the ship is delayed to this extent, then I would describe this more as an "inaugural" deployment rather than "new." But for the sake of the many guests who've booked, I hope they don't have to derail too many plans. 

I am booked on the November 17, 2021 twenty one day TA from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale.  I am really hoping the ship will be ready. Did the inaugural TA in 2019 on the Sky and loved it.  Also booked March 2022 in the Caribbean on the Enchanted which I know will be sailing.  At least we don’t have to make final payment until August and by then Princess should know if the ship will be ready or not. If not, then it will be cancelled.  By using a FCD, no harm, no foul.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:20 PM, bajapen said:

I am booked on the November 17, 2021 twenty one day TA from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale.  I am really hoping the ship will be ready. Did the inaugural TA in 2019 on the Sky and loved it.  Also booked March 2022 in the Caribbean on the Enchanted which I know will be sailing.  At least we don’t have to make final payment until August and by then Princess should know if the ship will be ready or not. If not, then it will be cancelled.  By using a FCD, no harm, no foul.

Yup!  We're doing the Cruisetour and embarking on the 24th for the Spanish Passage and TA.  I am so looking forward to it...hope it happens...we will be more than ready by then!!

On 12/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, stevenr597 said:

Princess is still advertising and still booking.  Looking at the rooms listed, it does seem that the ship is well booked, I don’t believe that Club Class is available.  Still hopeful. 

There also doesn't seem to be many Mini Suites left.  I wanted to try to take advantage of the new promo with the Specialty Dinner but our TA said we might lose the Mini that we already chose.  We can forgo the new deal and buy our own dinner with all the OBC we have!