My next scheduled carnival cruise is...

geckoaz

On 3/2/2021 at 3:04 PM, hurricane0226 said:

Next cruise is Mardi Gras, July 10th.

See below.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, CorbinCatFan said:

Our next one is a 14 day in early November on the Glory...

Fingers crossed.

Best case scenario is that test cruises start mid June.  Then there is the 60 day mandated waiting period by the CDC, putting the initial short cruises out of Miami and Port Canaveral around Labor Day and then possibly 7 day cruises commencing around October 1.  It was already announced that Miami and PC would be the first two embarkation ports and Galveston would be third.  That would put NOLA at 4th place at best.  

I'm keeping fingers crossed for my Halloween Mardi Gras cruise.  A 14 day cruise in November out of NOLA has an extremely slim chance of sailing, IMHO.

My husband and I have booked the Carnival Horizon on Feb.4-12, 2023 for the Southern Caribbean. We can't wait but I do have a few questions to ask anyone who has cruised on the Horizon. My husband has a spinal cord injury and will need a scooter to get around. Is the Horizon Handicapped friendly?  Are the public restrooms handicapped accessible? We did reserve a accessible room. 

Thank you in advance..

2 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

My husband and I have booked the Carnival Horizon on Feb.4-12, 2023 for the Southern Caribbean. We can't wait but I do have a few questions to ask anyone who has cruised on the Horizon. My husband has a spinal cord injury and will need a scooter to get around. Is the Horizon Handicapped friendly?  Are the public restrooms handicapped accessible? We did reserve a accessible room. 

Thank you in advance..

The more modern the ship in the fleet, the better it is with HC accessibility.  Some, not all of the public restrooms are HC accessible.

Do you have a scooter?  If not, it would behoove you to buy one instead of renting one if you're going to be traveling often.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The more modern the ship in the fleet, the better it is with HC accessibility.  Some, not all of the public restrooms are HC accessible.

Do you have a scooter?  If not, it would behoove you to buy one instead of renting one if you're going to be traveling often.

Thank you so much. I will be retired at that time so I may drive fro NC and if so, may go ahead and buy a scooter. 

37 minutes ago, Royals Carol said:

Thank you so much. I will be retired at that time so I may drive fro NC and if so, may go ahead and buy a scooter. 

There are many foldable travel scooters that can be done manually or electronically with the push of a button.  Price range is about 1600-2300. Some come with FAA compliant batteries so you can fly with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cancellations! My next cruise is now carnival radiance dec 30 from long beach. Our first holiday new years eve cruise. I am now fully vacinated and wife is getting her second shot. Since i did not retire yet maybe it will be my retirement cruise after all. God bless everyone and stay safe But i really want to cruise again!

On 3/7/2021 at 3:21 AM, SNJCruisers said:

...I'm keeping fingers crossed for my Halloween Mardi Gras cruise.  A 14 day cruise in November out of NOLA has an extremely slim chance of sailing, IMHO.

Yeah, great to go to NOLA then the Panama Canal - we switched to October 2022 PC out of Baltimore

Flight will be quicker MHT to Baltimore

1 hour ago, miataman19 said:

Doing a B2B on Liberty out of Port Canaveral. August 9 - August 16, 2021

On a positive note....since you live in Orlando, no need for a flight.  But you do realize the multiple red flags with the B2B possibly violating the 8+ day CDC mandate in effect until Nov 1  as well as the percentage chance of an actual 7 day cruise sailing in mid August.  Are you going to take the refund or the 600 in OBC for each leg?

Our next scheduled cruise is March of 2022.  Original cruise was booked for March 2020 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.   Rebooked for March 2021 and now 2022.  Celebrating two years late, but still going to be a celebration!! 🤞

December 6, 2021. When we booked, it looked like a sure thing. We booked it a couple of months ago, back when it looked like we'd all be vaccinated soon. Then the vaccine roll-out was slower than expected. Then a bunch of people said they wouldn't get vaccinated. Then I began to consider all the other logistic the CDC and the cruise industry are dealing with. Aaargh! I went from optimist to pessimist in 0 flat. It's only March. It will happen.

My next booked cruise is Carnival Mardi Gras 02/19/2022. I really hope cruising is up and running by then, not so I can go, but because if it isn’t then things haven’t improved much. We need things to get significantly better even if normal is still far off.

It’s weird that it’s so far away and I still don’t have as much confidence as I want.

We are booked for the Valor out of New Orleans for November 20, 2021.  We were originally supposed to have sailed this week but moved it to November thinking that's far enough out.  Now, I'm not very confident in this one! Ugh!  Valor is in dry dock until the end of October and New Orleans isn't high on the list of ports that will start sailing first.  We have another booking for late June 2022, same ship and port so we will wait until Carnival cancels and move everything to that cruise since it's all paid for.  Hopefully that one will go! 

2 hours ago, awhitleycrew said:

We are booked for the Valor out of New Orleans for November 20, 2021.  We were originally supposed to have sailed this week but moved it to November thinking that's far enough out.  Now, I'm not very confident in this one! Ugh!  Valor is in dry dock until the end of October and New Orleans isn't high on the list of ports that will start sailing first.  We have another booking for late June 2022, same ship and port so we will wait until Carnival cancels and move everything to that cruise since it's all paid for.  Hopefully that one will go! 

And you get 600 in OBC

• Like 1

We had two cruises booked for 2021, both cancelled.  We simply cancelled one of them and rebooked the second (shifted it from Oct 2021 to Oct 2022).  We will be cruising on the Carnival Magic - 8 night cruise: San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. 😃

1 hour ago, mimi_j said:

We had two cruises booked for 2021, both cancelled.  We simply cancelled one of them and rebooked the second (shifted it from Oct 2021 to Oct 2022).  We will be cruising on the Carnival Magic - 8 night cruise: San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. 😃

We book that cruise for 2023.  Looks like a great time.