What did Princess offer when they cancelled certain Mediterranean cruises?

phabric

I have a 7 day Western Caribbean Marc 13, 2021 cruise with a deposit, final payment January 12.  They are many cabins still available.

With the No Sail Order’s new rules for % occupancy, MAYBE Princess cancel all cruises and then open up booking to the % occupancy level?

What did Princess offer to the people for the cancelled Mediterranean cruises,  I think on the Crown?

1) Full Payment? 100% Cash    FCC?

2) Deposit?  100% Cash  FCC?

3) Excursions?

4) EzAir?

IF, FCC -

1) Book by a certain date?

2) Sail by a certain day?

I think Mediterranean summer 2021, I think on the Crown(?) cruises were totally cancelled. Some ships were being changed in summer 2021, my ship changed from the Grand to the Regal.

I was wondering what was offering when the Princess cancelled these cruises.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I have a 7 day Western Caribbean Marc 13, 2021 cruise with a deposit, final payment January 12.  They are many cabins still available.

With the No Sail Order’s new rules for % occupancy, MAYBE Princess cancel all cruises and then open up booking to the % occupancy level?

Maybe I misunderstood your question but, I seriously doubt that Princess will cancel any of the cruises that are allowed to sail per the CDC recommendations, only to turn around open them back up for new bookings.  Why in the world would they do that?  I truly don't think any of the cruise lines could endure any more bad publicity!  That would amount to corporate suicide.  I think they would want to hold onto any money that has been paid to them so far.  

CDC order calls for a certain % occupancy for now for sailings.

One of the cruise lines (RC?) opened up for sailing from Singapore recently.  They cancelled cruises and then opened up bookings to occupancy level.

Maybe, they will offer move over offers?

Edited by phabric

Our September 2021 Mediterranean cruise was not cancelled, but the

itinerary was totally change. It had only ONE original port which was a joke.

So we changed to one later in the month with a better itinerary.

Our Mar 23 cruise on the Grand was cancelled when they shifted itineraries, nothing to do with COVID.  The cruise was not replaced and we were offered $15 OBC, yes $15, on another cruise.  I am still waiting for my deposit to be returned.  Not impressed.

3 hours ago, phabric said:

One of the cruise lines (RC?) opened up for sailing from Singapore recently.  They cancelled cruises and then opened up bookings to occupancy level.

I was on one of the cancelled Royal cruises.  They cancelled all the cruises, then opened up different cruises to nowhere and only to Singapore citizens.  So it wasn't just a capacity issue.  We were supposed to have 4 port stops, the new itineraries just have three sea days.

For the 2 canceled TAs + 1 canceled Asia-Oz:

1) I opted for refunds as I already had enough FCC to book & use by 5/1/2022 which was / is enough to cover a 14 nighter 12/21, 7 nighter 4/22

2) OBC (#1 cancelation was 200 / #2 cancelation was 400. Both TAs were canceled in September and had to be booked within 30 days) for next European cruise + 15 OBC for any cruise (Asia-Oz)

My FCC came from the initial cancelations (Grand Princess 4/22/20 cash refund with bonus FCC & 4/29/20 175% FCC only). I don't need more FCC that I'll never use in time so I'm opting for refunds + OBC now (total of 4 cancelations by Princess & 3 by me. Bad timing)

Edited by Ombud

20 hours ago, phabric said:

What did Princess offer to the people for the cancelled Mediterranean cruises,  I think on the Crown?

It depends which Pause the cruise was cancelled as the offers were different for each Pause.

In all Pauses, one option was to get any funds paid refunded to the credit card used.

If not opting for a cash refund, the funds paid for the cruise fare and taxes/fees were made an FCC with a book by/sail by date plus an extra OBC ranging from 25% to 100% of the cruise fare with the same book by/sail by date. The % bonus could differ if the cruise had final payment made or just had a deposit. Any other funds actually paid for items such as shore excursions, specialty dining, EZAir, etc. were refunded to the credit card used.

On 11/2/2020 at 6:40 AM, phabric said:

Unless I missed it when I read the complete CDC document, there is no specific mention in it about % occupancy.  There are things relating to social distancing and shipboard procedures but nothing defining the maximum occupancy rate.

DON