cruise replaced

cantstopingcruising

Today, it seems our b2b on Edge next winter has been replaced by the Silhouette.

What should I expect?

Will they offer me the same cabin on the same dates at the same rate I am now paying?

Or, will they try to get me to pay the new inflated rate?

I guess I should hear from them soon.

I certainly am not going to call them and wait on the line forever!

12 minutes ago, zanderblue said:

Us too. I see a new schedule has been rolled out for late 21- early 22.

We were booked on a B2B in March 2022, now looks like 2nd cruise on Infinity won’t be happening ☹️

Ive heard nothing from my TA to date..........

Infinity is going to South America.

5 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

Today, it seems our b2b on Edge next winter has been replaced by the Silhouette.

What should I expect?

Will they offer me the same cabin on the same dates at the same rate I am now paying?

Or, will they try to get me to pay the new inflated rate?

I guess I should hear from them soon.

I certainly am not going to call them and wait on the line forever!

If they offer you the same price same cabin category,  take it.  I just received a cancellation email from celebrity today on the European cruise for oct 2021.  I called, I have to pay for the inflated rate (more than double) or they just refund my deposit back bt dec 1 2020. Previously, i got 2 perks already with refundable deposite option. Now, they only havr the all inclusive option.  They only thing extra was $200 OBC for any cabin up to aqua class or $400 in suite.  

I booked during the captain's club offer (e.g. 10% off ), they said they cannot offer the same promo, must pay current rate.

Celebrity has made a very disappointing decision.

From what I have been able to find, the Edge (along with it's sister, the Apex) was moved to 7nt cruises and our Panama Canal cruise was moved to the much older Silhouette. Also, the itinerary was changed, this includes removing the Panama Canal portion.

Why Celebrity thinks it is okay to change us to an older ship and downgrade the itinerary is beyond me. 

We were really looking forward to experiencing the unique design of the Edge Veranda cabin. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Spot on. We booked the Edge for a number of reasons.

If we wanted the Silho we have booked it. It’s a great ship, but we wanted a new experience.The worst part we never received any communication from Celebrity. Not one word. Very disappointing. 

Our Edge Feb 2022 was also moved to the Silhouette.  We haven’t yet been notified by our TA or X but not a big deal.  From what  have read here on CC X has changed its position and is allowing those booked on the Edge to move to the same Silhouette sailing (date) and keep their price and perks. 

we have sailed on the Edge and loved a lot about it but not the Infinite Veranda, so we had booked a SV.  The Silhouette is the only S class we haven’t  been  on and it seems to be a better version of the Reflection ( less cabins but all the venues of the Reflection).  I will be calling  our TA tomorrow to move our booking. 

After having 5 cruises cancelled for 2020 and 6 for 2021, it is nice to be able to “save” 1.