Carnival Reviews

princess76021

Ahoy Y'all!

I know there are more reviews out there, please send me the links!!!

Getting deeper in my cruising depression since my next cruise I in March (8 dayer) is probably going to be cancelled 😢

I have read several cruise novels, if anyone is interested 

Hugs 

Nicki

the first novel i'll mention (sorry it doesn't have cruising in the title but it is al about cruising) is by Mary Higgins Clark,  All by Myself Alone

Caribbean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne

the Last Cruise by Kate Christensen

The woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

Dangerous Crossings by Rachel Rhys

Caribbean Rim by Randy Wayne White

Cruise Confidential by Brian David Bruns

Ship for Brains by Brian David Bruns

Unsinkable Mister Brown by Brian David Bruns

and still on my bookshelf unread 

Sailing to Capri by Elizabeth Adler

i hope these help the withdrawal a bit!

if anyone wants to suggest more, i'm all ears!!

hugs

Nicki

I think Rachel Rhys got her inspiration for Dangerous Crossing from the movie with the same title starring Jeanne Crain which is available for free viewing on You Tube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1j9gdj_CnE&ab_channel=NostalgicArtStudio

If the ship sets look familiar to you that's because they were previously used in the film Titanic starring Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb. 20th Century Fox paid big money for those sets so they made sure to use them more than once. 

Dangerous_Crossing-421952070-large.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Ahoy Y'all!

I know there are more reviews out there, please send me the links!!!

Getting deeper in my cruising depression since my next cruise I in March (8 dayer) is probably going to be cancelled 😢

I have read several cruise novels, if anyone is interested 

Hugs 

Nicki

I know you've already hit a lot of the reviewers already. I'll make a recommendation I don't think you've done yet.

I've done three reviews of our last Carnival cruises and I'll attach the links to those.  They are kind of long, with tons of pictures.  I want to add that there are so many great reviews by others posted here as well with great writing and pictures.  I'd love to name a few but also don't want to forget anyone either.  They have all put a lot of time and work into them and I'd hate to list a few and have others not see theirs mentioned.  There used to be a listing of each of the Carnival ships along the right side of the Carnival message board and it was so easy to find the reviews there, but I see that is no longer there.    

Here are the links to mine:  

Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (May 5, 2013): Valor Southern Caribbean review with pictures and Fun Times - better late than never - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean out of Miami (April 5, 2014):  REVIEW: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean - 4/5/14 thru 4/12/14 - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

Carnival Liberty - Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (September 20, 2015): Review: Carnival liberty – september 20, 2015 – southern itinerary out of san juan, - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, sanmarcosman said:

I think Rachel Rhys got her inspiration for Dangerous Crossing from the movie with the same title starring Jeanne Crain which is available for free viewing on You Tube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1j9gdj_CnE&ab_channel=NostalgicArtStudio

If the ship sets look familiar to you that's because they were previously used in the film Titanic starring Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb. 20th Century Fox paid big money for those sets so they made sure to use them more than once. 

Dangerous_Crossing-421952070-large.jpg

We watched this movie on You Tube last night - thank you!  It was fun to see the differences in cruising (and in acting) and we enjoyed the story.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We watched this movie on You Tube last night - thank you!  It was fun to see the differences in cruising (and in acting) and we enjoyed the story.

You're welcome. 1953's "Titanic" with Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb is also on youtube for free and isn't just about the tragedy but is more the story of the troubled marriage of Stanwyck and Webb and their children. Look for Thelma Rita who steals the show. The screenplay for the film is adapted from several passenger ship books of both fiction and non-fiction which I think ties in well with the topic of this thread.

b0928575-9b99-43bd-8ff4-13c2091a0fa6_1.d

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 12:49 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

I've done three reviews of our last Carnival cruises and I'll attach the links to those.  They are kind of long, with tons of pictures.  I want to add that there are so many great reviews by others posted here as well with great writing and pictures.  I'd love to name a few but also don't want to forget anyone either.  They have all put a lot of time and work into them and I'd hate to list a few and have others not see theirs mentioned.  There used to be a listing of each of the Carnival ships along the right side of the Carnival message board and it was so easy to find the reviews there, but I see that is no longer there.    

Here are the links to mine:  

Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (May 5, 2013): Valor Southern Caribbean review with pictures and Fun Times - better late than never - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean out of Miami (April 5, 2014):  REVIEW: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean - 4/5/14 thru 4/12/14 - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

Carnival Liberty - Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (September 20, 2015): Review: Carnival liberty – september 20, 2015 – southern itinerary out of san juan, - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

thank you!!  It is now on my list!!

hugs 

Nicki

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2020 at 4:29 PM, CoW mAn said:

Not sure if this is what you mean but here's a review my family did of the Carnival Panorama

How many people does the elevator hold? We are traveling as a group and are curious.