River Cruising Water Cooler

Host Jazzbeau

Glad that your trip was fun! Where did you stop in Corsica? We did a one-week circumnavigation last year with Ponant, and enjoyed it very much. 

And, we also love T-mobile. It's been 5+ years since we switched and the feeling of turning on your phone without worrying about roaming charges never grows old.

We ported in, and toured, Bastia then took a public bus several miles to the small town of Elbalunga (sp?) just to roam around and enjoy a beer.

(sorry to make you do a headstand)

image.thumb.jpeg.74a242b2162265fdc55bfcd14c5a0381.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86d9bf1ff5d2949874ff190e5f7ded1e.jpeg

ETA: our T-Mobile plan doesn’t include free phone calls, but the data and messaging was very helpful. 

Edited by CPT Trips
  • Like 1

Thanks, jp. Now the lady's smile is even lovelier. And the scenery is nice, too, but certainly much better with - I assume - the mrs. CPT.

I miss the sea, sigh. 500km away from me, but seems much more.

notamermaid

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Glad that your trip was fun! Where did you stop in Corsica? We did a one-week circumnavigation last year with Ponant, and enjoyed it very much. 

And, we also love T-mobile. It's been 5+ years since we switched and the feeling of turning on your phone without worrying about roaming charges never grows old.

I so want to switch to T-Mobile for the European experience. Unfortunately the big black hole in the center of their map is where I live. So I would get great coverage in Europe but zilch where I live. They just started opening up T-Mobile offices here since they acquired Sprint. I think I am ok in my city but if I leave city limits - I am out of luck. image.png.826d9ba4d3f1e12cc6820dc5a65e5608.png

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I so want to switch to T-Mobile for the European experience. Unfortunately the big black hole in the center of their map is where I live. So I would get great coverage in Europe but zilch where I live. They just started opening up T-Mobile offices here since they acquired Sprint. I think I am ok in my city but if I leave city limits - I am out of luck. image.png.826d9ba4d3f1e12cc6820dc5a65e5608.png

That is a map of 5G coverage. 4G LTE doesn't seem to have the same hole.

3 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

And thanks for the flip @jpalbny!

No problem. Over on the SS boards, we were discussing this issue a few days ago and I finally figured out a fix. I posted the way to fix malrotated photos in post #136 of this thread:

40 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

It is actually pretty bad - regardless of the 4G map's coverage. Outside of Lincoln and Omaha - Sprint had sucky service. T-Mobile just inherited the sucky service. When I was with friends driving to Colorado - they had zero coverage once we left my area. So as long as you stayed in Lincoln or Omaha you were fine.

Verizon doesn't have great 5G service here but their 4G is really good.

One of the drawbacks of leaving the EU is that many of the phone companies immediately decided ‘whahay here’s a great way of fleecing these phone user’s out of more of their hard earned pennies we’ll make them pay ‘roaming’ charges. Luckily because of when we renewed our contract we won’t have to pay extra for our Nivernais adventure. So watch out vodaphone you’ll be loosing another double customer when the renewal comes due.

15 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

Yes it is the Mrs.,  aka JerseyGem.

Oh my, a bit embarrassing for me. I knew you were acquainted, but had so far not figured out you are married. Oops.

@Canal archive I am not too happy with vodaphone right now either. But the nature of my contract means I will stick to them for a bit. They had given our house a bit of a hard time with reduced upload speed, on and off, I mean some days good, some days not so much. But it has got better.

At the moment I cannot figure out the problem with the smart phone connecting to the router insufficiently. Something wrong with the phone itself I think. My Aldi deal has high roaming charges so I prefer the Wifi connection. For foreign countries I get another deal, which is very reasonable.

notamermaid

27 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

Oh my, a bit embarrassing for me. I knew you were acquainted, but had so far not figured out you are married. Oops.

Not an oops from my side. Heck, I sometimes can’t determine from the screen names whether a poster is a man or a woman.😉

Now that you say it - I have been addressed with "he" before, it took me a while to realize that the "not" in my name can be interpreted two ways and yes, most names do not give away who is behind the avatar. Most useful hint is the reference to DH and DW. :classic_wink: Statistically but ((err)) not always.

notamermaid

• Like 2

We did our eMed tests yesterday at our Paris hotel.  Both negative, after 20 days of travel on two cruise lines and sundry other exposures.  Flying home today.  I will eventually post reviews of both the AMA and Scenic cruises, but it will take a while to process all the photos [not to mention catching up at home].  Quick summary:  both cruises were great; AMA not quite up to pre-Covid experience; Scenic a higher level than AMA [despite all their website issues leading up to the cruise].

• Like 2

Second Seating what a beautiful picture you could say ‘in your face colour’ my eye is saying a little crop here and there and then a canvas print to enlighten your day during the winter.

But no way any technical adjusting!

Edited by Canal archive

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, notamermaid said:

Sorry for my late reply but better to make that error rather than assuming someone else WAS married. 😲

I surely appreciate that CC folks are an understanding group.

Paul

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, CPT Trips said:

Not an oops from my side. Heck, I sometimes can’t determine from the screen names whether a poster is a man or a woman.😉

I have been on here since 2003 and still have the same problem sometimes. So you are not alone😀