Does the Volendam still have laundry rooms?

vicd1969

Despite switching from the Zuiderdam to the Volendam, the decision makers in our group have decided to stick with our later-June Med cruise. The interesting port stops more than offset the lack of bells and whistles on board the ship. If the young uns' whine, they'll be reminded that there are others much less fortunate during these times, and that the purpose of the trip is to learn about the world and culture, not just to play and party. Anyways, I was on the sister ship Zaandam many moons ago and it had a few laundry rooms. Is that still the case with the Volendam? 

When the Vista class ships came out the coin laundry was eleminated.  Grdually thet got rid of them on hr\e "R" Class ships.  No class above the "R" Class has ever had self serve laundrys.  The went the wat of the Desert Extravaganza.

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We think HAL does a great job with the laundry.  

Absolutely agree!

2 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

Love how HAL crew folds or hang the clothes.

My underwear and socks love going on a cruise.  They are returned to me from the laundry most often pressed and neatly folded.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Absolutely agree!

My underwear and socks love going on a cruise.  They are returned to me from the laundry most often pressed and neatly folded.  

We are amazed how well our clothes come back.   I’ve heard a few disasters but we have not personally experienced that.  

I was so impressed with our laundry on our last cruise that I gave a tip to the person who did it!  The laundry came back with a little card that said "Your laundry was done by name ".  I took the card and a tip down to Guest Services and asked that they please see that name received it.

• Like 5

On 12/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, kevingastreich said:

I took the card and a tip down to Guest Services and asked that they please see that name received it.

What a wonderful idea!  And, I have no doubt that the crew member was delightfully surprised.  

• 4 months later...

We are hoping to be on the first sailing out on her July 1 from Rome. Hope to pack light, but will still need some laundry service. After all the cruises we've done, no over-packing anymore! But noted rkacruiser had 61 cruises! With a dozen, we are newbies!

• Like 1

the HAL unlimited laundry packages is one of the best values in cruising.  Nothing like returning to your room with fresh laundry, nicely bundled in a basket or hung in a valet bag,greeting you when coming back from shore or some other activity.  The laundry staff take great pride in their work and we'd often send notes back to them with our outgoing laundry thanking them, which they would in return reply to.

• Like 2