Make a d*m decision Royal

54 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

This post is NOT about whether Royal will cuise.. this post is about whether the INDY in particular will cruise and if they do...what is the iterneary??

It was scheduled to do 6/8 nights.. Royal pulled the 8 nights from bookings..left the 6 nights avaiable to book...SIMPLE question...What is Royal planning on doing with the INDY and ONLY the INDY.....

Asked and answered.  Rcl will keep on cancelled a month or so at a time, until they are ready to sail and then they will change to 7 days even if they have to give obc for the extra day, or a refund. 

Why would they do it ahead of time until they are ready to sail and have to refund that extra day? 

We are all tired of the not knowing and frustrated, but unless you are a fly on the way, no one can tell you when they will make the change on Indy.

2 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

This post is NOT about whether Royal will cuise.. this post is about whether the INDY in particular will cruise and if they do...what is the iterneary??

It was scheduled to do 6/8 nights.. Royal pulled the 8 nights from bookings..left the 6 nights avaiable to book...SIMPLE question...What is Royal planning on doing with the INDY and ONLY the INDY.....

You should have used INDY in the title if you wanted this post to be only about the INDY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

You should have used INDY in the title if you wanted this post to be only about the INDY. 

Even so it still would have veered off subject more than likely.....and I believe it should have been "da*n :classic_wink:...

Sorry couldn't resist that bit of correction to the OP....OK, it's late on Christmas maybe too much eggnog :classic_wacko:

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'd bet you $100 they know march will be cancelled.

It's a game to wait until after final payment and keep the cash flowing.

I won't take that bet at all. I am fairly certain they know cruising is canceled through May. They don't want to be the ones to announce it so they can save face. They want the CDC to flinch so they can blame the CDC. 

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Asked and answered.  Rcl will keep on cancelled a month or so at a time, until they are ready to sail and then they will change to 7 days even if they have to give obc for the extra day, or a refund. 

Why would they do it ahead of time until they are ready to sail and have to refund that extra day? 

We are all tired of the not knowing and frustrated, but unless you are a fly on the way, no one can tell you when they will make the change on Indy.

I would agree with you but they pulled bookings for the 8 days..Why wait and not get potential bookings??  The first 6/8 night Indy cruises from Miami sail in May..  5 months away....

On 12/16/2020 at 12:17 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

Royal needs to make and inform us 6/8 Indy cruisers as to what is happening with our cruises in 2021..

This is crazy!!!

It’s still more than 6 months out. They can’t tell you something they don’t know themselves yet, so much can change from now until then. 
I could see if you were scheduled in 2 months but 6 months , relax.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Midwestgal said:

It’s still more than 6 months out. They can’t tell you something they don’t know themselves yet, so much can change from now until then. 
I could see if you were scheduled in 2 months but 6 months , relax.

Celebrity made the same decision a month ago.  Royal can also...not that hard 

6 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Celebrity made the same decision a month ago.  Royal can also...not that hard 

I’m sure some are still wondering why Celebrity is also still allowing people to book 9 night and longer cruises in March.  

They are different  brands, each following their own path.  

• Like 1

Maybe they aren't pulling the bookings because they believe:

1. There wont be any sailing so why go nuts changing everything

2. There may be sailings and if there are people will be begging for the longer cruises.

I have a 9 day in the summer and am very happy they are waiting to pull the plug on them. If they end up going people will be on them - if they don't...well then we have bigger issues. 

Cruising, when it comes back, will either be short 3/4 days cruises or regular schedule. There wont be much difference between 7 days or longer. The Virus is what it is and it keeps doing what its doing - what the end will be only the future knows.

As to what happens to Indy - I don't know (just in case we have to stay on topic). 

2 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Cruising, when it comes back, will either be short 3/4 days cruises or regular schedule. There wont be much difference between 7 days or longer. The Virus is what it is and it keeps doing what its doing - what the end will be only the future knows.

Have you read the cdc protocols? Cdc said no cruises longer than 7 days until November 1st, 2021.

I agree cruises will continue to be pushed back and back, but dont agree there isnt much difference in a 7 day or one longer. ... because of the cdc. 

There are ways they could still do the 6/8 day to me other than cancelling them all and rebooking 7/7. The 8 day could wait until after midnight to leave for instance. 

Ourusualbeach is right as usual, no one knows how they will get around the 7 day limit. Everyone is tired of waiting.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Have you read the cdc protocols? Cdc said no cruises longer than 7 days until November 1st, 2021.

I agree cruises will continue to be pushed back and back, but dont agree there isnt much difference in a 7 day or one longer. ... because of the cdc. 

There are ways they could still do the 6/8 day to me other than cancelling them all and rebooking 7/7. The 8 day could wait until after midnight to leave for instance. 

Ourusualbeach is right as usual, no one knows how they will get around the 7 day limit. Everyone is tired of waiting.

I have read what the cdc wrote but maybe the insiders (whoever that is) know something we don't.

I don't really care one way or the other. At this point I can see no cruising for the entire 2021. If my cruise happens -YIPPEE. If it doesn't or its changed well then that's what happens. 

I just think they have some reason they have not changed things around yet!