Make a d*m decision Royal

38 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Well you have had 9 months to adjust - right? 
The are not forcing you to put down more money during the pandemic?

"They" are when final payment is due and when RCG hasn't made a decision to cancel the cruise until after you are required to make the final payment. Some book (me) with non refundable deposits and not wanting to lose that money, L&S isn't always a option and not everyone wants FCCs. 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2020 at 1:49 PM, davekathy said:

Yea I know, that's why I did a L&S on 3 December for March 2022. 😎

Those who were eligible for the switch were wise to do so.  Unfortunately, those of us with cruises for summer 2021 that may be affected (nothing longer than 7 days or B2B) do not have the option of L&S to summer of 2022.  If we did, lots would likely take advantage of it.  Glad you were able to do it for your cruise.

23 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How can you expect anyone to know what June 2021 will be like?    That is 7 months from now.    A lot can happen this winter with covid and vaccines.           

It does not matter what June 2021 will look like.  If the CDC has guidelines that no cruises are permitted that are longer than 7 days until the fall of 2021, then the longer cruises will be altered.  All the OP is wanting is for Royal to make a decision on how they will handle these cruises and let people booked on them know.  Celebrity did this a few weeks ago and many others in the same situation just want Royal to do the same so they can plan accordingly.

23 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Why cancel and change anything that could be changed and cancelled again??

I have a 9 day summer cruise - sure hope it sails and they don't change it.

I can wait. 

Rather be upset only once!

People want to change and do L&S to price protect their cruise since the new prices are much higher than most of us have originally booked it at.

I hope your 9 day summer cruise sails, but if it touches any port in the US, it will not sail.  CDC has already made that decision for the cruise lines.  Your 9 day sailing may be altered to a 7 day, but Celebrity basically just made all alternating 6/8 day sailings all 7 days and anything longer than 8 days was just cancelled altogether and they made new itineraries for those ships for people to book.  If your 9 day summer cruise is not touching any US ports, you still have a chance to sail on it.

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

"They" are when final payment is due and when RCG hasn't made a decision to cancel the cruise until after you are required to make the final payment. Some book (me) with non refundable deposits and not wanting to lose that money, L&S isn't always a option and not everyone wants FCCs. 

This poster....referring to being "forced" to book during the pandemic that I thought was off base.  

That poster's quote:

Why do people feel forced to booking cruises and when they have all these demand. People - you are booking cruises during a pandemic. Good luck with the bookings - but you are going to get very information on the them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

And we are all aware of this game now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

People want to change and do L&S to price protect their cruise since the new prices are much higher than most of us have originally booked it at.

I hope your 9 day summer cruise sails, but if it touches any port in the US, it will not sail.  CDC has already made that decision for the cruise lines.  Your 9 day sailing may be altered to a 7 day, but Celebrity basically just made all alternating 6/8 day sailings all 7 days and anything longer than 8 days was just cancelled altogether and they made new itineraries for those ships for people to book.  If your 9 day summer cruise is not touching any US ports, you still have a chance to sail on it.

At this point I have given up on speculating.

If the Vaccine is a winner - everything will change back.

If it is a dud - all the L & S and credit will be in the form a piece of paper that will be history of what could have happened. The cruise lines will look much different and possibly never be the same again.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

This poster....referring to being "forced" to book during the pandemic that I thought was off base.  

That poster's quote:

Why do people feel forced to booking cruises and when they have all these demand. People - you are booking cruises during a pandemic. Good luck with the bookings - but you are going to get very information on the them.  

Nobody is forced - I got it.

Maybe you booked 2 years ago, 2 months ago or 2 days ago..But my point will stand that we all know the deal at this point. Any questions like when will they tell us, or when will we know - The answer when they want to tell. They don't care what you have paid or what you will pay. 

On 12/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, Stick93 said:

At this point I have given up on speculating.

If the Vaccine is a winner - everything will change back.

If it is a dud - all the L & S and credit will be in the form a piece of paper that will be history of what could have happened. The cruise lines will look much different and possibly never be the same again.

That is why we took the full refund for our two cancelled cruises over FCC

• Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 8:21 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I take one day at a time. My son and DW are waiting for covid test results. Both were exposed to coworkers who now have it.  We can't even plan for Christmas at this point.  I don't know how anyone can expect the cruise lines to know what's going to happen 6 months from now. There are too many variables such as the vaccine being distributed and the CDC's constant changes and borders being closed.  Plan for worst, hope for the best. If it's too stressful cancel your cruise and take what the cruise line has to offer and move on. They will know when they know. 

I agree.  While we are anxious to cruise, have our next cruise booked end of May, we all must take each day as it comes.  Hopefully, many people will be vaccinated and it will be safe to sail again.  

• Like 1

Their decision is to delay a decision until as late as possible. Once a decision is made, refunds and FCC have to be done which hurts the bottom line more. The best way to manage that is to wait until the last minute possible. I fully expect March to be canceled, but no decision on that from RCL until mid or late January unless the CDC makes the announcement before.

I dont expect to hear any rcl news until sometime in January, sometime closer to when the current cwc runs out. I'm booked for april and have no idea what to do. Telling myself sit on your hands and wait, there is nothing you can do now. Wait for rcl to make a move. Will they extend how far out we can do lift and shift, cwc extended again? I'm booked solid thru early april 2022, ..now it's a waiting game.

Everyone says no chance I will cruise. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Everyone?

I see more negative people than positive ones here -

I hope you sail! 

Well ok, you HOPE I will sail, but hope seems to be not much to hang my hat on. 

I agree people have lost their positism that rcl will sail soon. We dont hear crew is returning, or mock cruises are ready to say ok come on volunteers, etc. Also a new cdc head will take over in January who could be worse than the last. 

I would love to see rcl move on and try and see if their new protocols worked, but dont see any sign of it tbh other than quantum.  I want to see more of a florida attitude and less of a calif attitude from cdc who has become a political talking piece.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, Scoobydobe7 said:

Royal needs to make and inform us 6/8 Indy cruisers as to what is happening with our cruises in 2021..

This is crazy!!!

There is no reason for RCCL to cancel now. They assume that cruises will operate to plan. If you don’t like uncertainty, then cancel. Really easy. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, pcur said:

I'm gonna bet on Dr. Fauci and his prediction that herd immunity will happen late Spring/early Summer next year, ASSUMING a large percentage of people get vaccinated. 

That’s the challenge. The US ordered from multiple vendors, only two of which have approved vaccines. The US was successful in placing another order for 100M doses with Pfizer along with the rest of the world. That means that the US only has to scrape up a few more hundred million doses. The common folk will be stuck with the dodgy AstraZeneca vaccine if the ever finish their clinical trials and get it approved in the US. 

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

That’s the challenge. The US ordered from multiple vendors, only two of which have approved vaccines. The US was successful in placing another order for 100M doses with Pfizer along with the rest of the world. That means that the US only has to scrape up a few more hundred million doses. The common folk will be stuck with the dodgy AstraZeneca vaccine if the ever finish their clinical trials and get it approved in the US. 

Good thing the US funds this for the most part. The icing on the cake is then they bid for it along with every other country. Maybe Americans citizens will get luck and they will be able to buy it from a Canadian pharmacy for a fraction of the price..

Funny part is many millions of Americans don’t trust it - so it may not matter. 

42 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no reason for RCCL to cancel now. They assume that cruises will operate to plan. If you don’t like uncertainty, then cancel. Really easy. 

But people really want to know and this is cruise critic so they deserve to know. 

“You want to know the truth?...you cannot handle the truth” - this is so true! 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, Scoobydobe7 said:

Royal needs to make and inform us 6/8 Indy cruisers as to what is happening with our cruises in 2021..

This is crazy!!!

Actually they don't have to do anything really. They don't know what is happening with ANY of their cruises. I fully expect June or July to be the start of the short trial cruises. I expect the CDC to make it a requirement for Covid vaccines: port personnel, terminal staff, all onboard, and all guests. Because cruises from the US have to go to a foreign port, they may not allow most ports until they get vaccines. There is a lot of craziness going on and no cruise line will make a decision until they are forced to.

• Thanks 1

It is frustrating to be waiting for cruising to resume but could be a while. 

Someone made a good point that if people make final payment and the cruise is cancelled, the TA gets their commission.  That is probably critical for smaller TA's to stay in business.  I am sure many of them will not survive the shutdown. 

With the CDC not allowing the cruise lines to "offer for sale" any cruise more that 7 nights,  the cruise lines needed to remove those sailing from their websites.  With the uncertainty of what ports will open when, changing 8/6 sailings to 7/7,  would not be difficult in theory but could be a lot of useless work if some of the ports are not open.

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

Actually they don't have to do anything really. They don't know what is happening with ANY of their cruises. 

I'd bet you $100 they know march will be cancelled.

It's a game to wait until after final payment and keep the cash flowing.

This post is NOT about whether Royal will cuise.. this post is about whether the INDY in particular will cruise and if they do...what is the iterneary??

It was scheduled to do 6/8 nights.. Royal pulled the 8 nights from bookings..left the 6 nights avaiable to book...SIMPLE question...What is Royal planning on doing with the INDY and ONLY the INDY.....

10 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

This post is NOT about whether Royal will cuise.. this post is about whether the INDY in particular will cruise and if they do...what is the iterneary??

It was scheduled to do 6/8 nights.. Royal pulled the 8 nights from bookings..left the 6 nights avaiable to book...SIMPLE question...What is Royal planning on doing with the INDY and ONLY the INDY.....

Wow...starting a thread/topic and upset that it veered off track...Hmmm :classic_huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1