Make a d*m decision Royal

1 minute ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Royal needs to make and inform us 6/8 Indy cruisers as to what is happening with our cruises in 2021..

This is crazy!!!

Don't expect anything until 2 months before.  That has been how they have been operating since last March and unfortunately I don't expect them to change

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Don't expect anything until 2 months before.  That has been how they have been operating since last March and unfortunately I don't expect them to change

So...do you think they are planning on canceling all Indy cruises?? I was under the impression (from reading the boards) possibly all change to 7 nighters...like Celebrity/Equinox or cancel all 6/8 and switch to 3/4 nighters. 

1 minute ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

So...do you think they are planning on canceling all Indy cruises?? I was under the impression (from reading the boards) possibly all change to 7 nighters...like Celebrity/Equinox or cancel all 6/8 and switch to 3/4 nighters. 

Ah! 6 night/8 night, not June 8th. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Scoobydobe7 said:

I think they will change them all to 7 night cruises.

• Like 1

How can you expect anyone to know what June 2021 will be like?    That is 7 months from now.    A lot can happen this winter with covid and vaccines.     Patience is a Virtue!

I had 10 cruises cancelled so far and wait to see what will happen with my march 28th cruise (99.999% sure it will be cancelled).   Your June sailing has a much better chance of sailing.         

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How can you expect anyone to know what June 2021 will be like?    That is 7 months from now.    A lot can happen this winter with covid and vaccines.     Patience is a Virtue!

I had 10 cruises cancelled so far and wait to see what will happen with my march 28th cruise (99.999% sure it will be cancelled).   Your June sailing has a much better chance of sailing.         

It's not a June sailing, it is a six night/eight night combo.

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The issue is not whether it will sail in June....The issue is that there is no VIABLE itinerary at this point.   Royal has put a hold on all of the 8 nighters which in turn affects the 6 nighters.   Anyone who is booked on any of these cruises has no clue as to how many days, what ports and or if the cruise will be canceled all together..hence Royal should start making decisions and inform everyone booked. Celebrity swithed all of the 6/8 might Equinox to 7 nights....Royal had just jerked us along.

I'm gonna bet on Dr. Fauci and his prediction that herd immunity will happen late Spring/early Summer next year, ASSUMING a large percentage of people get vaccinated.  

That's why I think my b2b in late August might be our first cruise!!

15 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

The issue is not whether it will sail in June....The issue is that there is no VIABLE itinerary at this point.   Royal has put a hold on all of the 8 nighters which in turn affects the 6 nighters.   Anyone who is booked on any of these cruises has no clue as to how many days, what ports and or if the cruise will be canceled all together..hence Royal should start making decisions and inform everyone booked. Celebrity swithed all of the 6/8 might Equinox to 7 nights....Royal had just jerked us along.

You do realize it is the CDC who said NO cruises longer than 7 days - not RCL?     I suspect they will change the 6 and 8 nighters into 7 night cruises but again a lot can happen from now till next spring/summer.    No one has any idea what ports in the Bahamas/Caribbean will be open this summer as again, it is too early to know.    Why make any changes till they know for Fact what will be allowed?

I have a 9 nighter booked for NE/Canada for September and they could change to a 7 nighter but again no one knows if Canada will open their borders.    You just have to "roll with it"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'm gonna bet on Dr. Fauci and his prediction that herd immunity will happen late Spring/early Summer next year, ASSUMING a large percentage of people get vaccinated.  

If the US will have enough vaccines by this Spring that could very well happen.    I would love for my b2b to happen.    

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You do realize it is the CDC who said NO cruises longer than 7 days - not RCL?     I suspect they will change the 6 and 8 nighters into 7 night cruises but again a lot can happen from now till next spring/summer.    No one has any idea what ports in the Bahamas/Caribbean will be open this summer as again, it is too early to know.    Why make any changes till they know for Fact what will be allowed?

I have a 9 nighter booked for NE/Canada for September and they could change to a 7 nighter but again no one knows if Canada will open their borders.    You just have to "roll with it"

You do realize that the 6/8 night indy cruises are more than 1 cruise....They start in early spring...Royal needs to.make a decision and act...And I also know that the CDC stated no 8 nights or longer...but I do not know why Royal is not making a commitment one way or the other.. If they can have other cruise ships in the caribbean from early spring on, yhere is no reason they can not commit to the INDY

23 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

If they can have other cruise ships in the caribbean from early spring on, yhere is no reason they can not commit to the INDY

They likely WON'T have other ships in the Caribbean early spring.  Quite possibly not late spring either......

I offered my crystal ball to them but they declined.  They think their crystal ball is just as good as mine. 

Personally I find their crystal ball always trends more optimistic compared to mine.  Apparently Royal IT just upgraded their crystal ball so maybe that explains their decision making.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If the US will have enough vaccines by this Spring that could very well happen.    I would love for my b2b to happen.    

We are days away from Moderna being approved, also.  I'm getting excited (in a very calm, controlled, suppressed way). ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pcur said:

Agree, Fauci actually started using term "Herd Immunity" to get us there, Vaccine along with prob over 20 Million+ already exposed/recovered by then. Which is good out of bad as they won't even get at starting shots on under 65/nonessential worker/Healthy Adults until April. Latest Polls show we'll get about 50% Adults take the Vaccine. Biden has released info that by his 100th Day(April) goal is to have 100 Million Americans Vaccinated, hope/should be more by then... Hate predict anything but I also counting on getting back to normal inc regular Cruises before Fall.

• Like 1

I take one day at a time. My son and DW are waiting for covid test results. Both were exposed to coworkers who now have it.  We can't even plan for Christmas at this point.  I don't know how anyone can expect the cruise lines to know what's going to happen 6 months from now. There are too many variables such as the vaccine being distributed and the CDC's constant changes and borders being closed.  Plan for worst, hope for the best. If it's too stressful cancel your cruise and take what the cruise line has to offer and move on. They will know when they know. 

• Like 5