Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Today's sunrise is the last from a 2019 QM2 crossing leading up to a river cruise on Crystal Bach and return to Miami involving both of Crystal's ocean ships.  On October 25 I disembarked in Southampton for a couple days in London.

dawn1025.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

I've done a number of Eastbound QM2 crossings paired with return transatlantics on other ships.  This time the other ship was the Wind Star and October 29, 2014 was QM2's first sea day out of New York:

dawn1029.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 QM2 crossing on the way to Europe to return on the Wind Star.  I was reminded in reviewing my 10/31/14 blog entry is that at this time one of the perks of an Eastbound crossing is that we start out on Daylight savings and arrive on Standard time so we only lose 4 hours instead of the usual 5.

dawn1031.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Today's sunrise is from a 2016 combination, QM2 Eastbound transatlantic, a voyage on QE to fill a timing gap, and a return transatlantic on Seabourn Odyssey.  On December 2 Queen Elizabeth visited Lisbon:

dawn1202.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Sunrise this morning.

It rises much further west at this time of year.  I can't catch it emerging from the sea, only over a neighbouring property.

Got a full frame camera last week and I'm learning how to use it. Hopefully it will be as much point and shoot as possible but it has just about every possible setting on it!

I'll probably still take most pics with my phone, but I was quite disappointed with the results I got from what I thought was quite a good superzoom camera last year and eventually realised that the sensor size was too small to get decent detail.

A7C00140.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The sun has been rising behind a neighbouring fir tree recently. I caught it peeking through this morning.

Having been learning about "stopping down" this was taken at f32 to enhance the rays.

I did have a second hand 35mm SLR about 30 years ago but didn't really know how to use it, so the photos I took were not very good.

Nowadays there is so much text and video content online that it's easy to find out about all these things. And you can experiment in a way that wasn't possible when you only had rolls of 24 or 36 frames.

A7C00472.thumb.JPG.ebea21e679d5aac987f046ae95365abc.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not all mornings are created equal.  Today's "sunrise" is from my first voyage on Queen Elizabeth 10 years ago today, a transatlantic from New York to Southhampton.  There's only a trace of color on a nasty North Atlantic Morning where the photo was taken from the Commodore Club (Crystal think Palm Court or HAL think Crow's Nest),

dawn0402.jpg

Roy

• Like 2