New Cruise Prices?

labradorsunseeker

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I don't see how anyone would spend money on anything (or make any travel plans now) with all the uncertainty.  Booking with credits (no new money) is another thing.  I fully expect my 10/21 to be canceled.  Maybe my 9/22 will be a go.

When cruising comes back (crystal ball says 2022) we will see what is offered and the prices.  As I said...I'm going with "new target market".  The "new cruisers" won't know the old prices.

I just booked a 10/21 cruise for Alaska and think they should be cruising by then. I am wondering what the protocol will be for pre cruise and on board. Yes and no on being expensive, I booked a two bedroom family villa on the Encore. 

Edited by jetact
forgot a sentence

My attitude has always been: "Book when the price is something you're happy with, then walk away and don't keep checking!" because prices go up and down but if you were happy with the price the day you booked, just relax and look forward to your trip! 🙂

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

My attitude has always been: "Book when the price is something you're happy with, then walk away and don't keep checking!" because prices go up and down but if you were happy with the price the day you booked, just relax and look forward to your trip! 🙂

amen! brother, but it doesnthurt to check periodically. prices do go down, and occasionally, ncl offers latitudes members insider offers. isaved an additional 15% by checking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

amen! brother, but it doesnthurt to check periodically. prices do go down, and occasionally, ncl offers latitudes members insider offers. isaved an additional 15% by checking.

Absolutely keep checking the price.  A few weeks ago, i checked  on  our 2022 transatlantic cruise on the epic and the promotion added $600 on board credit with the same cruise fare.  Took less than 10 minutes on the phone with NCL to add the OBC.

• Like 2

Its been a few years since we have cruised.  We are looking at a haven balcony suite.  We have always done a reg balcony and know what the cost should roughly be on a mega ship.  Can anyone advise what a week in a haven suite should roughly be pp.  Is it 3500 to 4000 or 4000 to 4500?   The cruise I am looking at is at the 4500 mark.  I dont know if this is really high or not.

17 minutes ago, ravenjls said:

Its been a few years since we have cruised.  We are looking at a haven balcony suite.  We have always done a reg balcony and know what the cost should roughly be on a mega ship.  Can anyone advise what a week in a haven suite should roughly be pp.  Is it 3500 to 4000 or 4000 to 4500?   The cruise I am looking at is at the 4500 mark.  I dont know if this is really high or not.

That will vary by time of year, ship and itinerary.  You may want to be more specific.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, david_sobe said:

I have no idea why anyone is booking cruises right now.  Expensive.  No sail date offered yet.  Unaware of new cruising conditions.

We booked for 2022.  Put $150 down and that was matched.  They will price check and give us the better price if they go down between now and them.  Seemed like a no brained. If they are not sailing by Sept 2022 I get my $150 back but they are probably gone if not sailing. 

2 hours ago, ravenjls said:

ok, see if this helps, i have a 2 bedroom haven villa booked on the jade from july 4/july 14th this year, for my wife, grandson and myself (its his graduation present). the cost was approximately 12,000

we have also booked oct 2022 on the getaway, aft suite with masterbedroom, about $11,000.  you need to check (1) the actual ship (2) the actual cabin (3) departure date (4) length of cruise.  some of the ships that offer haven suites, have their own designated restaurants, bar and pool area, the ships that dont, allow you to eat breakfast and lunch in either cagney's or modeno. both offer specilized menus, only available to haven  guests.

as an alternative, some ships offer "suites"  as ewll as havensuites. the only difference is no access to the pool area.  these suite are identical to the haven suites, still offer butler and concierge, but are significantly cheaper. there was a difference of about $4000 between the 2 bedroom suite and the 2 bedroom haven.

the only downside, is if you do book a haven, you may never settle for a lesser cabin.

just ask my wife... if icant get a haven, she's not going, and i admit im spoiled also

• Like 1

This is a rough estimate based on our current booked cruise and our cruise last year.  With the free at sea gratuities I usually figure the price for a Haven Penthouse or Aft cabin for two...@ $500 to $600 per day per person. 

As others have pointed out; every cruise pricing is different but I've found this to be a good rough gauge.

Complawyer's wife and my wife agree... once you stay in the Haven you really don't want to stay elsewhere.

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

ok, see if this helps, i have a 2 bedroom haven villa booked on the jade from july 4/july 14th this year, for my wife, grandson and myself (its his graduation present). the cost was approximately 12,000

we have also booked oct 2022 on the getaway, aft suite with masterbedroom, about $11,000.  you need to check (1) the actual ship (2) the actual cabin (3) departure date (4) length of cruise.  some of the ships that offer haven suites, have their own designated restaurants, bar and pool area, the ships that dont, allow you to eat breakfast and lunch in either cagney's or modeno. both offer specilized menus, only available to haven  guests.

as an alternative, some ships offer "suites"  as ewll as havensuites. the only difference is no access to the pool area.  these suite are identical to the haven suites, still offer butler and concierge, but are significantly cheaper. there was a difference of about $4000 between the 2 bedroom suite and the 2 bedroom haven.

the only downside, is if you do book a haven, you may never settle for a lesser cabin.

just ask my wife... if icant get a haven, she's not going, and i admit im spoiled also

this might also help. i picked an arbitrary cruise for you.. ncl breakaway, 7 day cruise from miami  this aug and aug 2022. haven penthouse suite is slightly over $8000

5 hours ago, brookie848 said:

Honestly, you COULDN'T pay me enough to be there. We hated GSC.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, roger001 said:

The uncertainty of when or if they will ever sail again is such that what the prices will actually be, no one knows.  I do feel certain that no sane person will be booking anything now or later at these prices.  

i just saw someone on a FB group say they just booked july. do people think it will go?  in think in this case past performance is an indicator. they keep pushing it out 2 months at  a time the past year. its clear how things go

On 1/27/2021 at 12:39 PM, complawyer said:

I wish there was a thread that posted when new promos are up especially the lattitude ones as they are never advertised in an overt way.  Last time I only found it by chance. The 15% off extra really does help. 

2 hours ago, Dayana said:

I wish there was a thread that posted when new promos are up especially the lattitude ones as they are never advertised in an overt way.  Last time I only found it by chance. The 15% off extra really does help. 

you just have to check periodically.. log in and then go to latitudes rewards, insider offers. it's supposed to change every month, but this latest offer (one extra point per night) has been going around with the 30% off since mid november.

also, quite frequently, someone on the ncl forum willnotice, and then pass the word

• Like 1

So, talking about crazy pricing.....I actually booked with Regent Seven Seas on a TA for November.  Concierge cabin under their 2 category upgrade special (so paid for lesser cabin).  It was LESS for a RSSC cruise (which includes business class airfare for the overseas portion), than if I booked a Haven suite TA on NCL.  I think I had also included economy air fare in my comparison, but not positive about that.  And we get 1 night pre-cruise with our cabin selection!  Anyway, I've been wanting to try RSSC, so here's my opportunity!  Fingers crossed that we can cruise again by then!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 5:09 PM, labradorsunseeker said:

Hi, is it just me or are the "30% off prices"  for future cruises now at least 30% (or more) higher than they were pre-covid?  

Is it just me or are they are ever straightforward in their pricing??

hate being played.

Wish there was a way to treat them accordingly.   

you're a little late, but welcome to the party. we've discussed this numerous times.. ncl jacks up the price and then lo and behold runs this wonderful 30% off sale. this sale has been running since mid november, and they ran the same "sale" in 2019, with the same b.s.

the price per cabin was much, much lower prior to this sale.

as i always say:"NCL dont give away ice cubes in winter"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

you're a little late, but welcome to the party. we've discussed this numerous times.. ncl jacks up the price and then lo and behold runs this wonderful 30% off sale. this sale has been running since mid november, and they ran the same "sale" in 2019, with the same b.s.

the price per cabin was much, much lower prior to this sale.

as i always say:"NCL dont give away ice cubes in winter"

thanks but i have also been discussing this for a long time    i should have bolded the word EVER.

Maybe in my next life.