Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

5 minutes ago, Sarahbear666 said:

I have seen reports of $90 + $45 for the second person 

If that's the deal then its more or less the same as paying £47pp in the 'sale' in the planner.  Clever marketing that.

• Haha 1

Has anyone who’s sailed on Anthem so far this summer had any experience of booking your own pre-cruise PCR test as opposed to using Royal’s Eurofins service?

Specifically - what proof do you have to show? Is an emailed results certificate on your phone sufficient or do they need a hard copy? And did you get the promised £100 OBC reimbursement?

Many thanks.

18 hours ago, sowhat said:

We travelled over 7 hrs to get to  Southampton,  our time slot was 1 pm, but on arrival  at 11.20 am no body checked our time and on board in cabin by 12.05. There was no priority boarding on our sailing

18 hours ago, sowhat said:

We travelled over 7 hrs to get to  Southampton,  our time slot was 1 pm, but on arrival  at 11.20 am no body checked our time and on board in cabin by 12.05. There was no priority boarding on our sailing

Thanks. That’s very useful. Was that recently ? 

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC. Don't expect timely replies via e-mail. They may reply more via social media. Read CC here for most info.

BTW, what was the min bid and is that what you got the upgrade for?

Thank you for the tips. 

I was offered 4 options of upgrade from Balcony room to JS with LB, GS, GS with LB and GS with 2 bedrooms. Submitted lowest bids to first three. Within days, LB and GS bids expired.

Got the GS with LB for £720 in total. 

13 hours ago, *Fudge* said:

Does anyone know of Eurofins testing sites in the North West and how long before sailing can you pick a boarding time and check in? Thank you 

We got offered lots of option sites for north west 

I only booked in July and we sail on Monday and I could check in immediately 

Guest BigRoger

Ok so apologies upfront folks as this is a rant…. But why oh why could they not sort themselves out with this while they have been off sailing….. I know it’s a regular topic but @@@@@ chair hogs… RC have some very nice signs… ‘no reserving of chairs’….. they also have spotters ‘watching’…..

but we are on Anthem right now…. In the solarium…. Very nice sunny day and solarium is packed and constantly poor people looking for deck chairs…. 

well literally right next to us…. Family of 3 older people arrived at 9.45am…. Placed some towels and books and went…. No problem if just grabbing some breakfast and coming back reasonably soon…. But no 11.45am they came back….. they had been and done other activities…..

it’s just disgraceful…. Human beings have no @@@@@ shame and are just horribly selfish… the amount of people we saw who really wanted chairs this morning has been huge…. 

they’ve now gone in the pool/ jacuzzi.. wonder how long they stick around for…..

at one level I dont blame them (yes of course I do as they are @@@@) but if RC are not going to enforce their own rules then anarchy prevails…. The ‘watcher’ walked past every 15 mins and is actually stood permanently only 10 yards away…. He can see no one has used the chairs…. It’s just better for him to ignore it…..

again sorry it’s a rant but it’s just bad……. For everyone except the @@@@ family who got what they wanted

10 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Ok so apologies upfront folks as this is a rant…. But why oh why could they not sort themselves out with this while they have been off sailing….. I know it’s a regular topic but @@@@@ chair hogs… RC have some very nice signs… ‘no reserving of chairs’….. they also have spotters ‘watching’…..

but we are on Anthem right now…. In the solarium…. Very nice sunny day and solarium is packed and constantly poor people looking for deck chairs…. 

well literally right next to us…. Family of 3 older people arrived at 9.45am…. Placed some towels and books and went…. No problem if just grabbing some breakfast and coming back reasonably soon…. But no 11.45am they came back….. they had been and done other activities…..

it’s just disgraceful…. Human beings have no @@@@@ shame and are just horribly selfish… the amount of people we saw who really wanted chairs this morning has been huge…. 

they’ve now gone in the pool/ jacuzzi.. wonder how long they stick around for…..

at one level I dont blame them (yes of course I do as they are @@@@) but if RC are not going to enforce their own rules then anarchy prevails…. The ‘watcher’ walked past every 15 mins and is actually stood permanently only 10 yards away…. He can see no one has used the chairs…. It’s just better for him to ignore it…..

again sorry it’s a rant but it’s just bad……. For everyone except the @@@@ family who got what they wanted

Think I would have had to say something to the 'watcher' as he walked by.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kernow said:

Think I would have had to say something to the 'watcher' as he walked by.

I agree. If it were bothering me that much the best course of action is having a quiet word with those that can actually do something to help the situation. 

Guest BigRoger
18 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

I agree. If it were bothering me that much the best course of action is having a quiet word with those that can actually do something to help the situation. 

Mmmmm easy answer but get it….. only difference is I don’t make the rules and am not paid to manage them….. clearly there is a difference when you are a Guest but maybe it’s on me after all…………

Edited by BigRoger

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Boarded on the 15th August,  sailing towards  Liverpool 

Thank you. That’s reassuring. It just make the trip less stressful after a long drive.I will be boarding the ship after your return.

is the ship running on 50% capacity ?

Both the app and cruise planner are not providing any information on entertainment. Any problem with booking on board especially with the reduced capacity ?

Hope you have a good time.

Thank you. 

Guest BigRoger
2 hours ago, gavvy said:

Did the solarium get busy very early on.  Am wondering If we need to get there early to make sure we get a chair.

Busy today and the previous sea day…. There are still spaces by 11am but they become thin on the ground after 9.30am/10am and I guess it also depends on size of your cruise party…. Amazing sunshine from mid morning today and because it’s fully enclosed it’s very nice and warm

Guest BigRoger
2 hours ago, AOR said:

Thank you. That’s reassuring. It just make the trip less stressful after a long drive.I will be boarding the ship after your return.

is the ship running on 50% capacity ?

Both the app and cruise planner are not providing any information on entertainment. Any problem with booking on board especially with the reduced capacity ?

Hope you have a good time.

Thank you. 

Next week supposed to get busier but not seen any issues with booking shows using app once on board (except for the free north star sessions which disappeared like a wild fire…. We’ve missed out on that…). They are still announcing that there have been spaces available on the day for each of the big shows…. There are a lot of really top quality shows…. Next week supposed to be quite a few more due to be on board including a lot more kids (800!)

On 8/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, bigeck said:

It was closed last week and this week. 1600 on board this week but they need upwards of 2000.

2400 next week including 800 under 18's

I like the windjammer at night but closes a 3pm

Thanks for that info Bigeck ,as we were taking my Dear Mum who's 90 and not very good at social distancing we have decided to cancelled for the 23rd sailing and rebook after the schools have gone back. Nothing against kids as I love them all but feel 800 unvaccinated kids would be taking an extra risk for a  90 year old who loves cruising.

• Like 2

Are they aiming towards full capacity over the next few weeks, Just wonder how busy the ship will be in October.  I assume they will maintain some sort of social distance, but I don't think there is a legal requirement to do so now in UK is there?

1 hour ago, gavvy said:

Are they aiming towards full capacity over the next few weeks, Just wonder how busy the ship will be in October.  I assume they will maintain some sort of social distance, but I don't think there is a legal requirement to do so now in UK is there?

I was wondering about capacity in October too. We’re on the 6 night sailing departing on the 9th and was hoping that it wouldn’t be too busy.

7 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I was wondering about capacity in October too. We’re on the 6 night sailing departing on the 9th and was hoping that it wouldn’t be too busy.

Speaking to some crew on board, they reckon it will be between 1000 and 1500. With the schools back it might be less. Watch school holidays would be my advice

16 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We were scheduled on that cruise when it was the 11 nt but have cancelled,  though it still shows on our upcoming cruise list. So our cabin may still not show as available.  Also waiting for refund.

14 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We were scheduled on that cruise when it was the 11 nt but have cancelled,  though it still shows on our upcoming cruise list. So our cabin may still not show as available.  Also waiting for refund.

Is that why one of the shore trips is a day out in Lisbon? Its showing as available to buy in my planner!! I was thinking, that is a long detour from Liverpool and Belfast!! 

26 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Speaking to some crew on board, they reckon it will be between 1000 and 1500. 

That would be good. We’ve sailed on Anthem twice before pre Covid and both times were at full capacity or near enough. Hopefully it will mean we can get sun beds in the solarium if it’s not too busy as no doubt it will be too cold to sit out on deck.

• Like 1