Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

3 hours ago, BigRoger said:

You got to love RC….. a model of consistency for….. inconsistency… I’m sure they are currently loving all the free PR that MSC are getting…. ‘Limited appeal’

Featured on The One Show tomorrow night bbc1 7pm

On 5/16/2021 at 5:19 AM, little britain said:

No, B2Bs are not allowed until the end of August according to UK head guy on the last coffee morning chat. Sorry. 

This has now been changed and B2B's are permitted from Southampton with Immediate effect 🙂. Great news ....

On 5/15/2021 at 9:30 PM, Jimmy_g88 said:

Not sure if this has been answered already. We are originally booked on the Norwegian fjords departing 5/9/21. This week we booked 29/8/21 as well both be vaccinated. We’re hoping to do a B2B is this currently allowed? 

as of yesterday - yes B2B's are allowed from Southampton 🙂 

On 5/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, little britain said:

I can read their dates.
My point is he said nothing allowed until Sept which implies that you can start a B2B in Sept ( if the rules change) but not before. 
Something to do with needing negative test 72hrs before sailing, which is a bit tricky if you’re on the ship already...?

Just reporting what they said. 

this has now changed (yesterday) and the testing will be carried out on board at not cost to the guest 🙂

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Where did you hear that?

I received an email from our mutual RCI management friend yesterday, as I had previously moaned to him about it.  So he was more than pleased to tell me the good news.  Mind you, its too late for us now as I cancelled our B2B's and spaced them out and now they are more expensive, so cant swap them back  🙂

The relevant part of the email:

Morning Jean

Just to let you know that b2bs are now permitted from Southampton. You’ll have to be tested in between sailings and we’ll take care of that for you onboard.

Edited by Jeannie333333
added info
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeannie333333 said:

I received an email from our mutual RCI management friend yesterday, as I had previously moaned to him about it.  So he was more than pleased to tell me the good news 🙂

The relevant part of the email:

Morning Jean

Just to let you know that b2bs are now permitted from Southampton. You’ll have to be tested in between sailings and we’ll take care of that for you onboard.

I'm on Anthem b2b on both 8 nighters and was told it was ok yesterday when I called. I was going to cancel the 15th Aug cruise as I booked a 2nd Jewel .

Might just keep it now. Thanks for confirmation. Looks like the guy I spoke to was correct

• Like 1

The port of Gibraltar has just announced they are ready to welcome cruise ships again!

Anthem can do Gib and back?   Or base Harmony in Gib?  It has the benefit of being on the UKs green list too 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bigeck said:

I'm on Anthem b2b on both 8 nighters and was told it was ok yesterday when I called. I was going to cancel the 15th Aug cruise as I booked a 2nd Jewel .

Might just keep it now. Thanks for confirmation. Looks like the guy I spoke to was correct

Yes indeed - makes a change but he was right!  🙂. I am so miffed as we had 4 x B2B but then were told we couldn't have them and so I changed them 😞 .  Now they are too expensive to swap back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, little britain said:

The port of Gibraltar has just announced they are ready to welcome cruise ships again!

Anthem can do Gib and back?   Or base Harmony in Gib?  It has the benefit of being on the UKs green list too 

yes please! To both 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeannie333333 said:

RCI inconsistency or an extra plug for MSC?  🙂 

Sorry they did it on the One Show tonight which was bumped to BBC 2.... catch up tv?  They are doing another feature next Monday when the reporter gets off. 

• Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

Sorry they did it on the One Show tonight which was bumped to BBC 2.... catch up tv?  They are doing another feature next Monday when the reporter gets off. 

They are doing a report on holiday makers to amber areas like Cyprus on Wednesday

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 8:23 PM, little britain said:

The invitation for pinnacles?

I wouldn't take it personally. There is no rhyme or reason for invites to Anthem , a good way for RCI to tick off their loyal guests . Virtuosa here we come 😆.  Bet Ben is really ticked off MSC beat RCI out of Southampton.  

16 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I wouldn't take it personally. There is no rhyme or reason for invites to Anthem , a good way for RCI to tick off their loyal guests . Virtuosa here we come 😆.  Bet Ben is really ticked off MSC beat RCI out of Southampton.  

I know many Ps who haven’t been invited! What a way to run a loyalty programme....🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

I know many Ps who haven’t been invited! What a way to run a loyalty programme....🤦‍♀️

😆 yes us included . I want to say more but I know these boards are monitored.  

It isn't completely free so not so much of a snub.

Guest BigRoger
3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hiya might sound a daft question but are MSC honouring their loyalty programme priveleges on this sailing? Eg bottle of bubbly on cabin  for high status, speciality dining night etc

5 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hiya might sound a daft question but are MSC honouring their loyalty programme priveleges on this sailing? Eg bottle of bubbly on cabin  for high status, speciality dining night etc

I think you would be better off asking that question on the MSC board or on the very active social media groups for MSC. 

I have watched Virtuosa sail away tonight, unfortunately not the best of weather , looking fantastic but I do not personally know  anyone on-board otherwise I would have asked for you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, little britain said:

4-6 July?   What tier are you? 

I too bad the invite, I thought it was perhaps through taking part in the cafe royal chats.? I seem to remember in one there was mention of those taking part being given first option.

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I think you would be better off asking that question on the MSC board or on the very active social media groups for MSC. 

I have watched Virtuosa sail away tonight, unfortunately not the best of weather , looking fantastic but I do not personally know  anyone on-board otherwise I would have asked for you.

Wow, lots of rain for  next 24 hours straight.

Edited by Jimbo

7 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

😆 yes us included . I want to say more but I know these boards are monitored.  

It isn't completely free so not so much of a snub.

But do you get double points lol! 
What do you have to pay for?

Edited by little britain