Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Hi, I know the PCR test has to be within 72 hours, but is that 72 hours before sailing time or check in time or some other time?

I live in Herefordshire, as far as I can tell Eurofins has no testing facility anywhere near me. Is anyone who has been sent the PCR testing details able to search for locations in Herefordshire to put my mind at rest? We don’t sail until August 7th but it is a bit of worry to me about how far I may have to travel to get the test.

A new charge??

Ifly:

FEES MAY APPLY

Fees apply on sailings departing from UK, CHINA and SINGAPORE. Prices are subject to change.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-activities/ripcord-by-ifly

Northstar:

FEES MAY APPLY

Fees apply on sailings departing from UK, CHINA, SINGAPORE, and ALASKA. Prices are subject to change.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-activities/north-star

Edited by little britain

10 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

Hi, I know the PCR test has to be within 72 hours, but is that 72 hours before sailing time or check in time or some other time?

I live in Herefordshire, as far as I can tell Eurofins has no testing facility anywhere near me. Is anyone who has been sent the PCR testing details able to search for locations in Herefordshire to put my mind at rest? We don’t sail until August 7th but it is a bit of worry to me about how far I may have to travel to get the test.

Eurofins has The Small Cruise Ship Collection in Hereford itself? 

Edited by little britain

55 minutes ago, little britain said:

A new charge??

Ifly:

FEES MAY APPLY

Fees apply on sailings departing from UK, CHINA and SINGAPORE. Prices are subject to change.

Northstar:

FEES MAY APPLY

Fees apply on sailings departing from UK, CHINA, SINGAPORE, and ALASKA. Prices are subject to change.

It's been that way for a while, at least for Singapore and China cruises,  or so I've read on these boards. 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

A new charge??

Yes, RCI seems to have added UK to those previous ones. The charge for Northstar in Alaska is probably still referring to the existing policy of charging near "interesting" locations, but free otherwise.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, smokey01 said:

I take it they mean check in. I'm on the 7th cruise as well. I'm leaving Fife on Thursday to drive down. I' plan to stay in Birmingham and book a test at the Airport on Friday morning before travelling down to Southampton. My other option is Edinburgh Airport on Thursday afternoon.

I'll wait to see what Royal send out before I decide as it might change after July 19th

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

It's been that way for a while, at least for Singapore and China cruises,  or so I've read on these boards. 

Yes, I know they charge in Asia but I’ve never seen the UK added to the list before though…💷

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Yes, I know they charge in Asia but I’ve never seen the UK added to the list before though…💷

Seems they want to get a few bucks back, same as the drinks package being so pricey! 

4 hours ago, little britain said:

A new charge??

Ifly:

FEES MAY APPLY

Northstar:

FEES MAY APPLY

Ifly was fun but I'm not sure if I would pay to do north-star again 

Annoying if there is a charge when it was free before.  I think there are a lot of companies who are trying to make up loss of money in the pandemic,  not just travel companies 

Edited by sgmn

5 hours ago, little britain said:

A new charge??

Ifly:

FEES MAY APPLY

Northstar:

FEES MAY APPLY

Ive just had a look on the website and these are now showing as available to book for our August cruise, but as an 'extended' experience? Does anyone know if this means there will be free unextended experiences? Don't want to pay for the extended ones if there's a chance of the 'standard' ones.

image.png.aecef7e43679fd9fc080e72457af2da4.png

Edited by smedley_odwin

4 hours ago, little britain said:

I contacted RCI about this and they assured me that both can  be booked at no extra charge onboard the ship - if reserving in advance of the cruise you pay , and you get a bit of extra time .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

I contacted RCI about this and they assured me that both can  be booked at no extra charge onboard the ship - if reserving in advance of the cruise you pay , and you get a bit of extra time .

I think if you book the extended experience the North Star goes over the side of the ship rather than just straight up. Not sure worth £15.20 though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, miaandmum said:

Just about to book but before I do I think i read somewhere that you have to have special covid travel insurance?  Is that right? 

We used staysure - they have specific cover included in their policies.

1 hour ago, miaandmum said:

Just about to book but before I do I think i read somewhere that you have to have special covid travel insurance?  Is that right? 

Do you need special travel

insurance? As long as you are not travelling against FCDO which you aren’t then surely any insurance is OK?

1 hour ago, strickers said:

Do you need special travel

insurance? As long as you are not travelling against FCDO which you aren’t then surely any insurance is OK?

Some policies(mainly cheap ones) don't provide cover for cruises, and charge you a supplement if you require.

However, the majority of annual polices are suitable for these cruises

6 hours ago, crosby99 said:

Some policies(mainly cheap ones) don't provide cover for cruises, and charge you a supplement if you require.

However, the majority of annual polices are suitable for these cruises

Indeed, as long as cruise cover is included and you aren’t travelling against FCDO advice you should be fine. 

Guest BigRoger

Have people seen the X note about Eurofins struggling to deliver PCR tests before sail date? It was posted on ‘the other place’… I’ll get a copy if people want? It says to go to the port on sail day even if your results are not through from Eurofins…..

9 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Have people seen the X note about Eurofins struggling to deliver PCR tests before sail date? It was posted on ‘the other place’… I’ll get a copy if people want? It says to go to the port on sail day even if your results are not through from Eurofins…..

It was one of my worries too, I was always planning to turn up anyway and why I used the approved provider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Be good to see info if you have it

I still have not received my email for 15th sailing. RCCL said yesterday will be in next couple of days. I wonder if they might change their strategy if they are struggling

We also have a cruise booked with Disney. Disney's testing does make a bit more sense. Kids do the PCR, those vaccinated don't, and everyone has lateral flow at port. RCCL those vaccinated do PCR and kids do lat flow at port

11 minutes ago, crosby99 said:

Be good to see info if you have it

I still have not received my email for 15th sailing. RCCL said yesterday will be in next couple of days. I wonder if they might change their strategy if they are struggling

We also have a cruise booked with Disney. Disney's testing does make a bit more sense. Kids do the PCR, those vaccinated don't, and everyone has lateral flow at port. RCCL those vaccinated do PCR and kids do lat flow at port

I still haven’t received anything for the 15th sailing. Luckily I’m off work and in the North West of England so hopefully shouldn’t have to go far. 

I’m still annoyed as I’m supposed to be holidaying in the North East and the nearest test centre is in Harrogate, a 2 hour drive away. 

I’m stressed out about it all as it is - if I was supposed to be at work my stress levels would be through the roof!

Lateral flow testing before boarding seems a much better way to organise it! 

3 minutes ago, Highpeaklad said:

I still haven’t received anything for the 15th sailing. Luckily I’m off work and in the North West of England so hopefully shouldn’t have to go far. 

I’m still annoyed as I’m supposed to be holidaying in the North East and the nearest test centre is in Harrogate, a 2 hour drive away. 

I’m stressed out about it all as it is - if I was supposed to be at work my stress levels would be through the roof!

Lateral flow testing before boarding seems a much better way to organise it! 

We were meant to be in Orlando this week. We are staying in a lodge in Shropshire for a few days, then going to Watford to visit Warner Brother Studios Tour. The PCR test is going to probably have to be done the day we travel between Shropshire and Watford. The only other date is the day we have booked to do the studios tour.

I have seen a Eurofins list and Birmingham Airport seems the best bet, but it is a lot of hassle when you are planning to arrange other parts of your holiday. To be fair if I was at work it would be even more stressful