Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Has anyone seen a list of Eurofins test sites in Northern Ireland ?

We don't sail until August , but it would be useful to know in advance. I have booked an extra day off work before the cruise to make getting the test easier if I have to travel a distance to get it. If they have a testing site at Belfast International Airport that will be OK- its just about 40 minutes drive away from us.

I was actually planning to use a local approved clinic,  but reading about the issues with Celebrity I think it would be best to use a Eurofins site if I can.

I actually think it is a good thing that even the vaccinated passengers have to be tested in advance - an extra layer of prevention. But for the life of me I cannot understand why they do not ask for the kids to have a proper PCR test done also - I wonder what the logic is behind just having the antigen test for them at boarding ?

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Sorry it’s taken me a while…. Was wasting my time watching F1…… here is celebrity note… rumours suggests same experiences for quite a lot of people at today’s first test cruise for Anthem….. we know some people on the sailing today… quite a lot of people at check on not received PCR test…

201A5FA6-230C-4F6F-86F3-16CA43E73BF3.jpeg

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Sorry it’s taken me a while…. Was wasting my time watching F1…… here is celebrity note… rumours suggests same experiences for quite a lot of people at today’s first test cruise for Anthem….. we know some people on the sailing today… quite a lot of people at check on not received PCR test…

201A5FA6-230C-4F6F-86F3-16CA43E73BF3.jpeg

Unfortunately it doesn’t surprise me! We are off for our PCR tests first thing tomorrow and plan to travel to Southampton Wednesday morning whatever happens. We are lucky it is only just over an hours drive for us.

Sometimes companies bid for these contracts and then realise they don’t have the capacity to support it!

fingers crossed 

9 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

Unfortunately it doesn’t surprise me! We are off for our PCR tests first thing tomorrow and plan to travel to Southampton Wednesday morning whatever happens. We are lucky it is only just over an hours drive for us.

Sometimes companies bid for these contracts and then realise they don’t have the capacity to support it!

fingers crossed 

Same boat as you so to speak! Tests tomorrow, travel down Tuesday, board Wednesday, they've got 51 hours!

Have fun all you guys boarding on Wednesday,  hope you'll come back and say how it goes and what the on board experience is.

Would be interested in the whole Diamond Lounge debate , is it four drinks per day? Is the lounge open at all? And is it from a specific list of drinks or up to a specific value ?

3 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

Well the PCR test was done in a TINY travel agents. Here is the kit, swab your nose, put it back in the tube and seal the bag.

Two picks up a day for testing.

Fingers crossed……

Went yesterday at 1 and we have just this minute had our negative results back in 24 hours.  Whoooo we are on our way!

Hi,

We are looking into booking a British Isles cruise on Anthem in August, will these cruises be able to hold full capacity if the rules are scrapped? 

My main thought is what happens if you test positive with the PCR test? Obviously they won't let you on but do you get your money back from RCI or have to go through travel insurance? 

I can't wait to be able to book and just get on a cruise without all the worry. 

TIA! 

17 hours ago, sgmn said:

Have fun all you guys boarding on Wednesday,  hope you'll come back and say how it goes and what the on board experience is.

Would be interested in the whole Diamond Lounge debate , is it four drinks per day? Is the lounge open at all? And is it from a specific list of drinks or up to a specific value ?

It’s 4 drinks a day for Ds - any drink any time up to a value of $14. Drinks in the DL count against your daily quota.

329B1CDD-BF02-4CC4-8D35-0BE6D1008FD8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

re the pcr testing.  i have gone on to the eurofins website to book the test and its giving me a date on 12th July - we go on 15th.   I presume it wouldnt give me that date if it wasnt ok?  I am a bit worried though as its slightly over 72 hours.   Called eurofins to ask the question and they put the phone down on me.  Anyone else in the same situation?

27 minutes ago, miaandmum said:

re the pcr testing.  i have gone on to the eurofins website to book the test and its giving me a date on 12th July - we go on 15th.   I presume it wouldnt give me that date if it wasnt ok?  I am a bit worried though as its slightly over 72 hours.   Called eurofins to ask the question and they put the phone down on me.  Anyone else in the same situation?

We are on the same sailing and were given the choice of the 12 or 13th and chose the 12th just to make sure the results are back in time. We are due to arrive at the port at midday and our test time is 1300 on the 12th so just inside the 72hr (3 day) time limit. I’m sure that it will be OK as RoyalCaribbean are the ones saying to use Eurofins. 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

It’s 4 drinks a day for Ds - any drink any time up to a value of $14. Drinks in the DL count against your daily quota.

329B1CDD-BF02-4CC4-8D35-0BE6D1008FD8.jpeg

Thanks , sounds good, will be nice to have a glass of sauvignon blanc or two and good the lounge is open for morning coffee 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

We are on the same sailing and were given the choice of the 12 or 13th and chose the 12th just to make sure the results are back in time. We are due to arrive at the port at midday and our test time is 1300 on the 12th so just inside the 72hr (3 day) time limit. I’m sure that it will be OK as RoyalCaribbean are the ones saying to use Eurofins. 

Oh thank you.  Was 99% sure it would be okay as I couldn't see them offering a time that wasn’t suitable .... but there was this tiny doubt in my mind so thought i would ask. Have booked for 3.50 pm on 12th and luckily the centre is only a 20 minute drive away.  Have have a great time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

That’s great news Where did you go for your test?

I went to a hotel in Liverpool city centre, very straight forward, walked in, directed to the Eurofins room, completed the paperwork, test done and that was it. So quick and efficient. I have printed our results (just in case!) and put it with our paperwork and passports so all ready to go.

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger

Hi folks for those of us who haven’t been contacted at all yet (as sailing in August)…. Would anyone who has received communications from royal about what they are to do with Eurofins be willing to post a screen shot of the info they get from the cruise line please? (Obviously suitably redacted where appropriate).

5 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hi folks for those of us who haven’t been contacted at all yet (as sailing in August)…. Would anyone who has received communications from royal about what they are to do with Eurofins be willing to post a screen shot of the info they get from the cruise line please? (Obviously suitably redacted where appropriate).

Dear Guest,

As promised, we’re reaching out with details about scheduling your complimentary PCR test for COVID-19 or antigen test. As a reminder, vaccinated guests must take an PCR test for COVID-19 within 3 days of sailing and unvaccinated guests, 2-17 years old, must take a rapid antigen test at the terminal during check-in on boarding day. All guests, two years old and older must present a negative test result in order to sail.

Eurofins, our medical services partner, has testing locations available for you to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19 (vaccinated guests). While they have many testing locations, we understand they may not be nearby. If you are unable to go to a Eurofins testing site, below you’ll find information on arranging your test with a medical service provider.

If you are a vaccinated guest and plan to take your PCR test for COVID-19 with Eurofins, please register for your test and book your appointment today. This will help avoid delays in your boarding process. Your details are below. 

All unvaccinated guests, 2 – 17 years old, please review the below and register for your test on boarding day. Your details are below.

Register for your testEach guest must use their unique Reference ID listed above when registering with Eurofins on their dedicated website  If you or someone in your travelling party has not received an email including a unique Reference ID, please contact us on 0344 493 4005.

Vaccinated guests will receive a user ID and password via email to access the Eurofins TrustOne App/web portal once registered. Then, use your user ID & password to book your testing appointment and to access your Test Results Certificate.

If you are unable to go to a Eurofins testing site, below you’ll find information on arranging your test with an appropriate medical service provider.

If Eurofins’ testing sites are too far from your home, you may take a PCR test for COVID-19 with another medical service provider, which must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml. Your testing provider should be able to confirm this information. Click here to view a list of providers mentioned by the UK government. 

Your PCR test for COVID-19 must be conducted within 3 days of your sailing date. Note: it’s imperative that you verify that the provider can return your results before you travel to the port. If you do not have your results prior to sailing, you will unfortunately be denied boarding. 

To help cover the cost of testing with your medical service provider, we will automatically add a $140 USD (£100) per person (for guests 18 years and older) onboard credit to your Onboard Account. This onboard credit is refundable and can be used anywhere onboard. If it is not used during your sailing, you’ll receive a refund for any remaining funds to your credit card on file about 7 - 10 business days after the sailing ends.

Unvaccinated guests register for your rapid antigen test today! This will make your boarding process and check-in as smooth as possible. 

to register with Eurofins to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19 or antigen test. When registering, be sure to follow the prompt based on your vaccination status. 

Parents, you’ll need to register for your children under 18 years old using your child’s unique Reference ID.

Issues registering for your test? Contact Eurofins on 01925 984145.

Boarding day

All vaccinated guests will be asked to share their negative PCR test for COVID-19 result when boarding. 

All unvaccinated guests ages 2 and up will be required to take a rapid antigen test at the terminal and have a negative test result in order to board. Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.

It’s important that you show up exactly at your selected check-in time. Otherwise, you may be asked to return at a later time.

If you're feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us on 0344 493 4005. We will gladly work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.

• their unique Reference ID listed above when registering with Eurofins on their dedicated website  If you or someone in your travelling party has not received an email including a unique Reference ID, please contact us on 0344 493 4005.
    • Vaccinated guests will receive a user ID and password via email to access the Eurofins TrustOne App/web portal once registered. Then, use your user ID & password to book your testing appointment and to access your Test Results Certificate.
    • If you are unable to go to a Eurofins testing site, below you’ll find information on arranging your test with an appropriate medical service provider.
      • If Eurofins’ testing sites are too far from your home, you may take a PCR test for COVID-19 with another medical service provider, which must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml. Your testing provider should be able to confirm this information. Click here to view a list of providers mentioned by the UK government. 
      • Your PCR test for COVID-19 must be conducted within 3 days of your sailing date. Note: it’s imperative that you verify that the provider can return your results before you travel to the port. If you do not have your results prior to sailing, you will unfortunately be denied boarding. 
      • To help cover the cost of testing with your medical service provider, we will automatically add a $140 USD (£100) per person (for guests 18 years and older) onboard credit to your Onboard Account. This onboard credit is refundable and can be used anywhere onboard. If it is not used during your sailing, you’ll receive a refund for any remaining funds to your credit card on file about 7 - 10 business days after the sailing ends.
    • Unvaccinated guests register for your rapid antigen test today! This will make your boarding process and check-in as smooth as possible. 
      • to register with Eurofins to schedule your PCR test for COVID-19 or antigen test. When registering, be sure to follow the prompt based on your vaccination status. 
      • Parents, you’ll need to register for your children under 18 years old using your child’s unique Reference ID.
  • Issues registering for your test? Contact Eurofins on 01925 984145.
Boarding day
  • All vaccinated guests will be asked to share their negative PCR test for COVID-19 result when boarding. 
  • All unvaccinated guests ages 2 and up will be required to take a rapid antigen test at the terminal and have a negative test result in order to board. Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.
  • It’s important that you show up exactly at your selected check-in time. Otherwise, you may be asked to return at a later time.
  • If you're feeling unwell, please stay home and contact us on 0344 493 4005. We will gladly work with you to reschedule or refund your cruise.
After your test
  • Our testing partner, Eurofins, will provide your results via email.
    • Please note, your results will also be shared with Royal Caribbean International. 
  • If your result is negative and you’re approved to sail, you can make your way onto the ship! 
  • If your result is positive or inconclusive: 
    • Vaccinated guests: you’ll receive an email from Eurofins and Royal Caribbean International regarding your options and next steps. 
    • Unvaccinated guests: a pier agent will share next steps with you at the terminal. Rest assured, we will take care of you.

And remember, please stay safe – it's important to continue wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance from others, washing your hands often, etc. 

We’re looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely, 

Royal Caribbean International
Edited by strickers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BigRoger said:

It got moderated for some reason?