Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

PCR test done today at my travel in stamford. Nice and easy, staff very friendly and explained how to use the kit. Nasal swab only, watched us take it then showed us it had been registered against our QR code. In and out in 15mins for all 5 of US. Advised us to check our app that we have a test against our names.

Test were being collected at 330pm and driven to london lab for over night processing. Should have the results sometime tomorrow.

Top tips.

Set up a different account for each person. can use same email address but have different password.

Book test early in the day, if booked after the courier has left will be delayed till the next day.

Nice and easy tbh.

22 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

PCR test done today at my travel in stamford. Nice and easy, staff very friendly and explained how to use the kit. Nasal swab only, watched us take it then showed us it had been registered against our QR code. In and out in 15mins for all 5 of US. Advised us to check our app that we have a test against our names.

Test were being collected at 330pm and driven to london lab for over night processing. Should have the results sometime tomorrow.

Top tips.

Set up a different account for each person. can use same email address but have different password.

Book test early in the day, if booked after the courier has left will be delayed till the next day.

Nice and easy tbh.

This works if you are traveling out to the US the next day. But what about someone departing the same day?

6 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

This works if you are traveling out to the US the next day. But what about someone departing the same day?

In the US they are arranging for tests for the Canadians who need it to fly or for b2b.  Admittedly test results can be delayed.   Check Royal's faq.

11 minutes ago, Florida_cruisers said:

do you need a PCR or will a lateral flow test do?  If you can do a lateral flow there will be options near the airport am sure.  A Same Day PCR you may have issues finding.

1 hour ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Now i maybe wrong as havent checked but for us in the uk you need to get tested within 3 days of the uk cruise. If its the same for cruises departing in the US then unless your staying over before your cruise the testing would be the same. 

Eg if i was cruising on sunday, flying out on the sunday then i would still test three days before the cruise. The only unknown would be flying and not know the test results. I have no idea entry requirements for the US.

4 hours ago, Florida_cruisers said:

Does the Anthem offer Covid tests for those that must fly out back to the US immediately upon arriving to the port? What’s a good alternative?

This is what it says on RCI's website about testing for travel on on sailings from Southamptom:  

"

Before Returning Home

• Guests are not required to take a COVID_19 test to disembark the cruise. Guests may need to take a COVID_19 test to meet the requirements of their destination country following the cruise, if needed a complimentary onboard PCR or Antigen test for COVID_19 can be arranged for any one that should require it to re-enter their country of residence. Guests under the age of 2 have no testing requirement."

Here's the link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Top tips.

Nice and easy tbh.

Where did you get your test done?? My travel? What is that?

Guest BigRoger

Hurrah! Izumi reopened last night after their ‘operational issues’….. nearly full suite of dining open on Anthem now…. Just Solarium bistro missing

Guest BigRoger
2 minutes ago, gavvy said:

makes me wonder if they are aiming for something closer to full capacity over the next few weeks.  My Sailing in October is selling the Key, so I assume they expect things to be busy in October.

Suspect you might be right but Izumi wasn’t closed because of capacity on board…. The bar staff just laughed when I said to them that official line was it was closed due to ‘operational issues’….. ‘allegedly’ it was the sushi chef who was the ‘operational issue’ and the ‘issue’ rhymes with ‘ovaltine’! Looks like they are going to open it up more than is showing on the app for the last days of the cruise (eg lunch for sea day tomorrow)

Am hoping my early October cruise won't be too popular then, its during school time so hopefully won't be too crowded, but it did originally sell as a Canaries cruise so it may have already had a large number of bookings before it was changed.

I've noticed Chops and a few others have come back on my planner this morning so that must have been an I.T glitch

just reading the cruise compass - thanks for posting!
2 things; - going to Liverpool it says parents of un-vaccinated guests age 17 years and under are required to participate in a royal Caribbean  shore excursion - is this upheld? are we really not allowed to go explore on our own even although we have done the PCR test and if we drove to Liverpool we could do what we like???

Also all guests 11 and above must wear masks unless seated and eating/drinking. Does that mean just in the corridors between activities or on the dodgems sitting on loungers indoors poolside, playing pool?

its all a bit much and putting us off....Masks don't really do anything when your mingling this much and when they have made everyone take a PCR.....it just feels a bit restrictive....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukmusic said:

just reading the cruise compass - thanks for posting!
2 things; - going to Liverpool it says parents of un-vaccinated guests age 17 years and under are required to participate in a royal Caribbean  shore excursion - is this upheld? are we really not allowed to go explore on our own even although we have done the PCR test and if we drove to Liverpool we could do what we like???

Also all guests 11 and above must wear masks unless seated and eating/drinking. Does that mean just in the corridors between activities or on the dodgems sitting on loungers indoors poolside, playing pool?

its all a bit much and putting us off....Masks don't really do anything when your mingling this much and when they have made everyone take a PCR.....it just feels a bit restrictive....

I was on 7th August at which point everyone couldn’t get off without going on an excursion. I would think that if you are wanting to go ashore with an unvaccinated youngster then yes the rule would be upheld.

as far as face masks go, around the pool both indoor and outdoor face masks weren’t required. I didn’t see the dodgems specifically but the people playing tennis in the Seaplex weren’t wearing face masks. 

in the theatre we were asked to keep face masks on but some people didn’t and there was no one there to monitor it.

6 minutes ago, smokey01 said:

I was on 7th August at which point everyone couldn’t get off without going on an excursion. I would think that if you are wanting to go ashore with an unvaccinated youngster then yes the rule would be upheld.

as far as face masks go, around the pool both indoor and outdoor face masks weren’t required. I didn’t see the dodgems specifically but the people playing tennis in the Seaplex weren’t wearing face masks. 

in the theatre we were asked to keep face masks on but some people didn’t and there was no one there to monitor it.

thank you!

sounds like the face mask thing is not a big deal then. just the annoying Liverpool day!

Does anyone know what the excursions were and the cost for Liverpool?

29 minutes ago, ukmusic said:

thank you!

sounds like the face mask thing is not a big deal then. just the annoying Liverpool day!

Does anyone know what the excursions were and the cost for Liverpool?

In our planner there are 5 different excursions for Liverpool ranging from £34.95 to £71.43 (adult prices). They include a city highlights tour, orientation tour(cheapest) and a Beatles tour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

In our planner there are 5 different excursions for Liverpool ranging from £34.95 to £71.43 (adult prices). They include a city highlights tour, orientation tour(cheapest) and a Beatles tour.

Thank you!

pretty annoying when we just want to do The Beatles story which is walkable and £42 for a family!