"Perks" packages in cruise planner?

lorimay

17 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm more interested in helping people that are looking for a solution with Celebrity.

Well, why don't you try and offer a solution rather than a defensive response, somewhat offended that your beloved cruise line can do no wrong. There may be a solution that you might be able to offer based on your extensive experience, rather than a smart reply.

My last word on this. You can have last shot if you like. 

6 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

That is interesting. The graphic looks like zero packages were included, so I am not sure if the numbers work. This package is also described in the upper right-hand corner of the drinks package brochure (https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf) so I think you're reading it right. In my cruise planner, it's $76.50 pp per day, but that's based on the standard AI starting point. Yours is clearly an upgrade from Elevate, as you said, so I would say this is a good deal. I hope it works out exactly as it appears!

I went to go checkout this morning and the offer has disappeared! It's now the same price you mentioned of $76.50. So odd. 

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Well, why don't you try and offer a solution rather than a defensive response, somewhat offended that your beloved cruise line can do no wrong. There may be a solution that you might be able to offer based on your extensive experience, rather than a smart reply.

My last word on this. You can have last shot if you like. 

Because the poster said he/she was never sailing Celebrity again.  He/she didn't seem interested in a solution.  No need to waste time on those people.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You know what I hate?  I hate it when someone posts that they are upset with Celebrity and they will never sail Celebrity again.  Great don't sail with Celebrity again. There concerns may or may not be valid, it really doesn't matter if they have made their decision. Does it make the person feel better to tell the Celebrity Board that they are never sailing Celebrity again?  If so great, I'm glad we could help.  I can't do anything else except to be pleasant and say goodbye.  I'm more interested in helping people that are looking for a solution with Celebrity.

ipee,

I have seen multiple posts over the years like this.  Not a big deal.  People just want to give their opinion and reasons.    I call these posts:  "Harumph, Harumph.  I will never sail Celebrity again."  Similar to posts such as: "LLP or Celebrity- Are you listening to me?"  A somewhat common post particularly for some long time Celebrity cruisers who decide to go to other cruise lines and feel the need to vent to this board on their reasons for it.  Quite often they will get agreement from others who also object to Celebrity's changes, direction, marketing, or their loss of free perks.  Or prices.  Or food.  Almost anything goes.  The funny thing is that a few of these same people continue to be on the Celebrity CC board and continue to post on it.  Even after having sworn off Celebrity forever.  And if you really look closely, some of these posters still can be found later posting about the Celebrity cruise they just took.  It is all in good fun really.  It keeps the board interesting.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, silviaeaston said:

I should have been more detailed.  If the perks that I used to get with the Elite Plus program (ie. all drinks at happy hour and morning breakfast... all internet for myself...) are now considered "included in the fare to all guests" then, what is/was called PERKS are no longer "perks" but "standard included to all" therefore the perks (that are still offered) no longer have value/relevance, since ALL will be getting it.  AND of course, there will be longer lines to get the drinks, since ALL will be waiting in line.  I have now booked with a competitor's line.... BYE Celebrity!

I have not read where this is included in the AI, so that is still something special for E+ passengers.

bon voyage

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foggyphils said:

I went to go checkout this morning and the offer has disappeared! It's now the same price you mentioned of $76.50. So odd. 

$76.50 should the price when not upgrading from Classic or Premium Beverage Package, while what you showed before was clearly an upgrade from Premium. While the $9 price was lower than I would expect, it surely shouldn't be charging full price now. I don't see upgrade options in my cruise planner but my cruise is still a long way off, maybe it's something that shows up only when inside final payment?

7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Are you sure?  Buying AI drinks for all of your friends may slow down the AI drink line.

Well that Benjamin I hand the bartender at the start of the cruise is very helpful.  And besides, since I am buying, you are flying!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You always have to do the math.   When Celebrity came out with Elevate and Indulge I did a whole spread sheet comparing the value with the cost and only on certain lengths of cruise does it make sense to upgrade to the Elevate or Indulge.  That way I have it for reference at my fingertips.   On 14 Night cruises, you are way better off just doing the upgrades a la carte.  On a 7 Night the Elevate almost always makes sense if you would use the OBC or Shore EX credit.   I think from the OP's description, for certain lengths of cruise it doesn't add up for the packages offered in the cruise planner either.   

Celebrity tends to be our first choice and we try to book early to get the best price and stay away from brand new ships like Edge and Beyond to avoid that extra mark-up.  We did the same 10 or 15 years ago when Solstice class ships came out.   But we booked a Canada and Greenland on Princess in a partially obstructed Ocean view in order to save money as we were already doing two other Celebrity Cruises in 2022.   You just have to shop and compare,  Celebrity had a similar sailing but it was a couple days shorter and more expensive and included Iceland which we went to in 2019, so we went with Princess.