No reply to email Parking4 cruises

Mark36

I had parking booked with Parking4 cruises Ventura this May,

I have emailed twice as advised on there web site to move this booking to a 2022 cruise again as advertised by them as I paid for flexible booking.

No reply after a month. Any one else having issues, Owed £115 I do not want a refund just to transfer booking. Not happy with service so far.

Back to CPS parking for me.

1 hour ago, Mark36 said:

I have emailed twice as advised on there web site to move this booking to a 2022 cruise again as advertised by them as I paid for flexible booking.

No reply after a month. Any one else having issues, Owed £115 I do not want a refund just to transfer booking. Not happy with service so far.

I had a booking that I moved from last November to this November. They replied to my email back then but sounds a bit worrying if they've stopped communicating!

I Would suggest writing a letter to the address on the web site but sending it 

by tracked mail. With royal mail tracked you will get to see who signed for it 

and therefore you would know they have your letter .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

When you ring the office it does say that they're temporarily closed and they'll get back to people when they can. 

2 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

When you ring the office it does say that they're temporarily closed and they'll get back to people when they can. 

Thanks for the reply. I will give them a while and try ringing when cruises start again hopefully I will get my email reply by then. 

• Like 1

We had to cancel several bookings with them last year.  First cancellation took them about two weeks, but the later ones took about a month as they had lots more cancellations to deal with.  At that time they were dealing with cancellations in the order they received the cancellation emails.

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Sounds like they’ve closed their operation down altogether then until the situation changes. Makes sense, though you’d expect something on the website about it.

The FB page suggests some activity a few weeks ago, but nothing since. They had a very good reputation, and I found them excellent, including refunds, but this isn’t helping them.

• Like 1

I have used Parking4Cruises several times, following recommendations on this forum. As well as being much cheaper than CPS for longer cruises, I have also found them to be better, as it is quicker to drop off my wife and luggage in the taxi lane, drive 200yds to the short stay car park where they check you in immediately and walk back the 200yds to the terminal, whilst all the CPS customers are being stacked in holding lanes!

However, when all of this kicked off last year I opted for refunds on my parking bookings as I was fearful that companies such as this might go bust. It took quite a bit of chasing but they eventually paid out. In fact I spoke to one of the Directors on the phone and he sounded a decent chap, so I think they are genuine people and trying to do the best in difficult circumstances. Of course, there is a very real chance that by now they may have gone under, in which case a chargeback via the credit card used to make the booking might be an option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Of course, there is a very real chance that by now they may have gone under, in which case a chargeback via the credit card used to make the booking might be an option. 

16 hours ago, Mark36 said:

Although you said you don't want a refund, this might be an option to consider in the circumstances - you can always rebook it with them if you choose to.

The chargeback route Selbourne mentions would be one option (and it applies equally to debit and charge cards) but there are some time limits to bear in mind - particularly the absolute maximum of 540 days from the transaction date.

If you used a credit card the S75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 route is available, backed by law, and therefore more certain and not up to the discretion of banks.

Thanks to all for the reply's,  I used a debit card so silly me. Never had a credit card. 

Hopefully I will get a solution and what ever happens I will let others know on here.

Thanks Mark

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark36 said:

Thanks to all for the reply's,  I used a debit card so silly me. Never had a credit card. 

Hopefully I will get a solution and what ever happens I will let others know on here.

Thanks Mark

You’re still OK with a debit card, using chargeback - see above. 120 days is the normal time limit, but it can be extended to 540 days. Best contact your bank to set the ball rolling if you want the refund which I think your booking entitled you to.

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

At least its not EZEparking... 

They have just been convicted of parking cruise customers cars in a council owned multi storey and then tailgating a car that has just arrived to get out without paying... 

Andy 

Shocking. Now renamed sleEZEyParking 😂 

• Haha 2

When our first cruise was cancelled at the beginning of the pandemic it was on QM2 in May and we had booked independently with P4C I phoned them to cancel my booking with them and all monies were refunded to my credit card within 4 days.