Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

6 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Shoddy is a very good word to use 😀

I’m sure P&O will have over booked.  Hopefully not excessively just within their normal margins.  

hopefully all of us here will be okay with our bookings.  That said if they want to offer me a suite to sail at a later date, instead of my balcony in 11 days, I might say Yes 😏

Ha ha ha, me too!

Edited by Ladyshopper23
Incorrect info removed
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I guess time will tell with the approach P&O have made to bookings if they send out something similar.

We are booked on the 18th July cruise with P&O, which is now sold out.  Anticipating cabin allocation in the coming days, so that will start to give a clue.  As we booked on a heavily discounted fare, we would anticipate being one of the first to be asked to move cruise, if P&O have over booked.

Could be an interesting cruise for us, as at midnight on the 18th, England may come out of the extended restrictions we have to live under currently.  Could be a very good atmosphere at midnight if that's the case.

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2021 at 9:09 AM, lindylooellalouise said:

I’ll be doing exactly the same as you a week later and so looking forward to it 🤗I’ve just checked in this morning but on mine it says cabin to be allocated when onboard 👍

Got our cabin allocation yesterday, was very relieved to see an allocation. Also just had our travel agent on the phone checking we had all the correct paperwork etc and what to expect at port, full lateral flow test, thought it might just be temperature check.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, littlemisshoney said:

Got our cabin allocation yesterday, was very relieved to see an allocation. Also just had our travel agent on the phone checking we had all the correct paperwork etc and what to expect at port, full lateral flow test, thought it might just be temperature check.

That’s good service from your TA, when do you sail ? have you not received the information from P&O?  I posted a link to it all earlier in the thread, but as we know we live in an ever changing world, so I guess it’s only sent when it’s still relevant, an interesting read though.  Seems well organised, for now anyway 😊

34 minutes ago, littlemisshoney said:

Excellent news still waiting for ours to be allocated ☹️Starting to get excited and a bit nervous really hoping the first cruises go ahead without any problems and looking forward to reading the posts🤗Our cruise departs 4th july

Edited by lindylooellalouise
Added
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, littlemisshoney said:

We  sail 1st July. Have had emails almost every day from P and O, guess travel agent was just checking in with us, fortunately we seem to have everything in order. Getting excited! Will try and find your earlier info but I guess we have most of the info now. 

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

I wondered if you hadn’t received it as you said you expected it to just be a temperature check.

I don’t imagine you are driving from Scotland so don’t expect the CPS bit will be relevant. 

It's all a bit of a rollercoaster isn't it?

We're on the 1st July Britannia sailing, and having spoken directly to P&O yesterday they've reassured me that we'll be onboard without any issues - or impact to onboard experiences. I'll reserve judgement until I'm onboard with a G&T in hand.

• Like 1

I just read on a FB group someone  has had their cruise for the 27th June cancelled due to being over capacity.  Allegedly by email from P&O.  Disappointed if that is the case.  I am on this cruise and they were selling limited room types. 
anyone seen any official news?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pink-belle said:

I just read on a FB group someone  has had their cruise for the 27th June cancelled due to being over capacity.  Allegedly by email from P&O.  Disappointed if that is the case.  I am on this cruise and they were selling limited room types. 
anyone seen any official news?

You beat me to it, was just coming on to report this. I put it on the other forum first!

Very sad news for that person and anyone else effected.

So it begins.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had an email from P&O telling me that my booking has been cancelled due to the government's extension of the passenger capacity limits.

We were booked on Britannia for July 4th (B113Q)

Got to try to cancel travel insurance and car parking now🤬

Wonder how many others will get bumped off?

7 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Just had an email from P&O telling me that my booking has been cancelled due to the government's extension of the passenger capacity limits.

Ouch.  If you can't get your travel insurance and parking refunded from the providers, you may be able to get your out of pocket expenses refunded by P&O.  We've done that in the past with hotels and independant shore excursions.

Edited by Son of Anarchy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Dave so sorry this has happened to you.  Have they given you any options at all, moving to a later date or additional FCC?

I feel foolish, they must have really oversold if not doing their usual move over process😢

3 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Dave so sorry this has happened to you.  Have they given you any options at all, moving to a later date or additional FCC?

I feel foolish, they must have really oversold if not doing their usual move over process😢

They have offered a full refund or 125% FCC.

Think i'll  go for a refund.

Edited by Dave K
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Hopefully there will be no repetition of last year's refund fiasco.  Hope your get your refund promptly.

Edited by Son of Anarchy

3 minutes ago, Dave K said:

I’m glad they offered some form of compensation,  I get it is entirely up to you but if it was an option it might be easier to amend parking and Insurance rather than get refunds. 

13 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Hi me too booked on same cruise so disappointing wondered why we hadn’t been allocated☹️

• Like 1