Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

15 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

I'm not much of a phone person, but it's about time they caught with the rest.

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry, I didn't see that you'd posted this before I did.

In hindsight, I believe this may well be a permanent change by P&O and not just aimed at the staycations, so your general post to the P&O group is spot on.

• Like 1

Looks similar to the onboard app Marella has on Explorer. I remember them fitting many kilometres of wiring during a refit to ensure blanket coverage. It was a bit like Marmite as it also provided cruise news so no paper copy unless you went to reception for one. however having a word with the steward solved the problem. This time I have a smart phone so it should be fun on Iona, until it goes pear shaped 😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Looks similar to the onboard app Marella has on Explorer. I remember them fitting many kilometres of wiring during a refit to ensure blanket coverage. It was a bit like Marmite as it also provided cruise news so no paper copy unless you went to reception for one. however having a word with the steward solved the problem. This time I have a smart phone so it should be fun on Iona, until it goes pear shaped 😁

Seems very similar to the Princess Medallion app, apart from the fact that with the Medallion you do not need to carry your phone around with you all the time.

Lots of grumbles on the Princess board however, about teething problems with the app. 

4 hours ago, Rocky of London said:

Just checking on the list of requirements to get onboard.....let me know if it’s missing any items.

3. Get insurance that covers seacation in U.K., ( any votes on the best one )

We use moneysupermarket for car, house and travel insurance. We often change Insurer every 2 years to get the best deal. Check "Cruise cover" on the following link and remember to get 2 quotes - one for Single Trip (very cheap) and one for Annual Multi Trip cover. MS will remember your details, so you only have to enter them once. https://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rocky of London said:

Just checking on the list of requirements to get onboard.....let me know if it’s missing any items.

1. Booking reference

2. Two vaccine injections and proof

3. Get insurance that covers seacation in U.K., ( any votes on the best one )

4. Go on V P....add a photo, .....plus ?

5. Are Health questionnaires been sent out on separate emails ?

6. Get boarding time

7. Go to Mayflower Terminal for pre lateral flow test before parking 🚗 

8. Drop off cases at shipTerminal

9. Park car or they park car

10. ........TBC

To be honest my main reason for not wanting to cruise at present is because of all the hoops to jump through.

Good luck to those who are up for it, though  

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

To be honest my main reason for not wanting to cruise at present is because of all the hoops to jump through.

I am beginning to agree with you and now regret booking 2 seacations with Princess and Cunard and wished I had just waited and hoped that our cruise in November goes ahead.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We are exactly the same. We love our cruising but bobbing around in the channel doesn't do it for us. The uncertainty of whether the rules will change half way through the cruise or whether local rules will change before we even go puts us off. We have coped Ok with local jollies for the last year so will continue to do so until there is a more settled state. Good luck to those who are doing the seacations, I hope it all works out and we get back to something resembling normal.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Seems very similar to the Princess Medallion app, apart from the fact that with the Medallion you do not need to carry your phone around with you all the time.

Lots of grumbles on the Princess board however, about teething problems with the app. 

Difference is that Princess is a proper app that can be accessed all times whereas the P&O app can only be used on ship once you have your cruise card. 

6 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Difference is that Princess is a proper app that can be accessed all times whereas the P&O app can only be used on ship once you have your cruise card. 

It is that good it is currently not working and is having issues in the UK for those booked with Princess on Seacations. When looked at my personaliser recently it said you can fill all your check in details on Medallion Class, it has now ben removed and says coming soon and there are many complaints of people having issues. So I think those on P&O who use it for the first time on their UK waters cruises need all the help because Princess have been instigating it for over 2 years ship by ship. P&O cannot even get their website working properly most of their time and their IT dept is very poor.

Edited by majortom10

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It is that good it is currently not working and is having issues in the UK for those booked on Seacations.

Working fine for some, admit some have had problems. As you can’t use the P&O app till on board nobody will have any idea if it works till the first cruise. 

7 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I know this as I also read Princess board but changes are being made all the time and the Android app seems to be better if downloaded from the Princess website as they have recently improved it. I have an iPhone.  I hope the P&O app works ok as it is a much simpler app but you won’t have chance to experiment with it till on board. 

From what I can gather the P&O one is not an app downloaded to your device, rather a website you access through Chrome or Safari.

The instructions on P&O site guide you through bookmarking the relevant page in the browser to make it easier to access.

I would hope the crew currently on board Britannia would be testing this out in readiness for us guests arriving soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

From what I can gather the P&O one is not an app downloaded to your device, rather a website you access through Chrome or Safari.

The instructions on P&O site guide you through bookmarking the relevant page in the browser to make it easier to access.

I would hope the crew currently on board Britannia would be testing this out in readiness for us guests arriving soon.

I agree your right but they are calling it an app on their website. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I havent even got that far I have downloaded app opened it and all I get is a blurred picture of the front of a ship.

I haven't downloaded the app yet as I think it said its best to wait until 60 days before the cruise (in september) I shall wait until the balance is paid

Just going to leave a link to P&O’s latest information here, I know those of us sailing soon are trying to keep abreast of the ever changing,  updating information.  It seems even those who are choosing not to sail are interested in the protocols and might miss the updates.  
Good to see “officially” details on vaccination proof accepted.  Plus the need of text enabled mobile phones for test results.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail?fbclid=IwAR3FOm_A07yH6mhMC8V5VBq6u7GnxxmcuAiFq3LXXT20svCkp7YBpaTav64

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I havent even got that far I have downloaded app opened it and all I get is a blurred picture of the front of a ship.

I get that also but if you wait quite a while it will upload!!!

12 hours ago, ann141 said:

I haven't downloaded the app yet as I think it said its best to wait until 60 days before the cruise (in september) I shall wait until the balance is paid

My seacation cruise is about 7 weeks time. Still won't work!!!

48 minutes ago, delgirl said:

My seacation cruise is about 7 weeks time. Still won't work!!!

Oh dear.I am going to wait until about 4 weeks before we sail and hope that by then all the problems have been sorted

5 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Just going to leave a link to P&O’s latest information here, I know those of us sailing soon are trying to keep abreast of the ever changing,  updating information.  It seems even those who are choosing not to sail are interested in the protocols and might miss the updates.  
Good to see “officially” details on vaccination proof accepted.  Plus the need of text enabled mobile phones for test results.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail?fbclid=IwAR3FOm_A07yH6mhMC8V5VBq6u7GnxxmcuAiFq3LXXT20svCkp7YBpaTav64

No photographers on board!

The embarkation procedure sounds very sensible, the muster before going to cabin will be weird, but makes sense. 

These staycations will be really interesting - please guys report as much as you can 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Thank you for that pink-belle a lot to read there!! I noticed they renamed the formal nights to celebration night , disappointed that the spa hydrotherapy pool probably won’t be open , thought maybe they might just allow so many for a hour or two as spa’s are open anyway, never mind just have to fill that extra time in with a few cocktails 😉

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you for that pink-belle a lot to read there!! I noticed they renamed the formal nights to celebration night , disappointed that the spa hydrotherapy pool probably won’t be open , thought maybe they might just allow so many for a hour or two as spa’s are open anyway, never mind just have to fill that extra time in with a few cocktails 😉

I love the hydro pool and stone loungers, so wondered if they might have it open for time limited bookings, at least we now know, and happy to abide by their decision. 

• Like 1