Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

Such a shame that P&O have apparently shot themselves in the foot again, after the original March 2020 refund debacle

Overbooking - quite seriously, so it seems - in a time of pandemic and restrictions.  🙄 Not clever

• Like 6

How long are they going to take to notify those affected? Anyone looking to rebook could find themselves with little or no alternative if the earliest cruises got in first. Also what about linked bookings - there are 10 of us - if one couple is selected do the rest of us get to move with them?  My agent has contacted p&O to try to ascertain the criteria they're using but to date no reply.

29 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes I saw that but can’t make those dates thank you Kev , my husband has now booked a hotel in London , the Mayfair Town house hotel which was on tv last week on special places to stay , we actually booked for October and booked a show the phantom of the opera ( for the 14 th time ) and the shard visit and dinner at the Ritz hotel , so we will go up on Monday 28th to try the hotel out first and chill doing other visits.

I will be applying for a refund and not a fcc , cancelling our car parking tomorrow. 

At least I have another one to look forward to on princess 17 th September,.

Not looking forward to unpacking my suit cases now 😢😤

I’ve had a very busy day today and only just catching up on all the news now. So sorry for you Purdey and hope you have a lovely chilled time in London.

Sorry for everyone that’s lost out 😞

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Such a shame that P&O have apparently shot themselves in the foot again, after the original March 2020 refund debacle

Overbooking - quite seriously, so it seems - in a time of pandemic and restrictions.  🙄 Not clever

I agree.  June 21st was never set in stone (although P&O  obviously hoped restrictions would be lifted then). Cruise lines have been desperately trying to make up lost revenue but have been far too optimistic with the number of bookings. Sad for all. 

• Like 8

Sorry to hear of people having their cruises cancelled, particularly if they have had to take time off work or arrange child or parent care.I am expecting an email any day about our Tradewind Voyage in July. We know it can't go ahead as planned as Scotland isn't allowing cruise ships but we are hoping it will just depart from Liverpool instead of Greenock.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Well just had the email to cancel my cruise on Britannia next week I’m so angry an upset I’ve done so much to get this first cruise underway paying out for two travel insurances , new dresses, booked nail in arranged someone to look after the in-laws and worst of all I’m all packed and everything printed off !! What a waste of ink 😡 I feel I could cry , I’ve just tried phoning P&O but you guessed it too busy and cut you off , guess ther getting rid of the blue light card holders first 😡😡😡

Purdey I am so sorry.  I’ve not had an email, yet, but it all feels a bit tarnished it was fun counting down with you.

well done to your husband being so proactive and getting you a fab break booked, it sounds wonderful.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I agree.  June 21st was never set in stone (although P&O  obviously hoped restrictions would be lifted then). Cruise lines have been desperately trying to make up lost revenue but have been far too optimistic with the number of bookings. Sad for all. 

You’d have thought they would have only allowed 1000 Pax to book at first then opened up for more nearer the time. So disappointing for everyone. I’m still wondering how they’ve picked the ones to be cancelled.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

You’d have thought they would have only allowed 1000 Pax to book at first then opened up for more nearer the time. So disappointing for everyone. I’m still wondering how they’ve picked the ones to be cancelled.

I thought it was because we were only pacific tier and booked a cheaper cabin

My Iona 21aug cruise was booked on the first day but as I am cruising solo and could only book a deluxe balcony I am now unsure if I too will be dumped as 2 occupying a cabin spend more aboard. i have already arranged a car transfer to Southampton but not yet insurance, final payment date is late July

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

My Iona 21aug cruise was booked on the first day but as I am cruising solo and could only book a deluxe balcony I am now unsure if I too will be dumped as 2 occupying a cabin spend more aboard. i have already arranged a car transfer to Southampton but not yet insurance, final payment date is late July

Hi Dave I’m booked in a conservatory suite on this cruise and booked on the first day but I have lost total confidence in p and o now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

Dave I don’t think you will need to work.  This debacle is due to the 4 week extension of restrictions.  Sincerely hoping this vaccine push is going to see us in a different place in a months time.

I am disappointed that P&O overbooked to such an extent that they “had” to make cancellations.  I understand why, but it causes such disappointment, when in reality because of ongoing restrictions some might have taken the offer to move to a later date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Dave I’m booked in a conservatory suite on this cruise and booked on the first day but I have lost total confidence in p and o now 

I’m still reeling that your first day booking has been cancelled😞 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Why would anyone book a staycation cruise now knowing they could be bumped off at a later date or when the rules change 

Exactly. Total cancellation of any cruise was always a possibility but this over-booking to such an extent seems very unprofessional. If I had been minded to book a cruise after receiving the promotional email today, reading this thread would have put me right off.  

• Like 5

I've just been cancelled as well. Really annoyed as it was never a 'conditional' booking, they shouldn't have overbooked in the hope that restrictions would be lifted - we could be at step 3 until next year!! I picked this cruise to coincide with a birthday and more importantly work leave pattern. So now I have to rearrange something for three weeks time!. 

And yes I had the Blue Light Card discount too  🤔

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Exactly. Total cancellation of any cruise was always a possibility but this over-booking to such an extent seems very unprofessional. If I had been minded to book a cruise after receiving the promotional email today, reading this thread would have put me right off.  

Yes it’s the sly knowing overbooking that’s leaving a very bad taste in my mouth and no regard to our situation or how much organisation we’ve had to do

• Like 5

littlemisshoney. That’s awful and so sorry to see how this is being handled. I’ll keep an eye on my emails too. We had a lovely time on MSC in May so will also def take a refund if this starts to go wrong xx

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well just had the email to cancel my cruise on Britannia next week I’m so angry an upset I’ve done so much to get this first cruise underway paying out for two travel insurances , new dresses, booked nail in arranged someone to look after the in-laws and worst of all I’m all packed and everything printed off !! What a waste of ink 😡 I feel I could cry , I’ve just tried phoning P&O but you guessed it too busy and cut you off , guess ther getting rid of the blue light card holders first 😡😡😡

So sorry for you Sandra - and it's such short notice too. No wonder you're totally after all the plans you've made. I'm looking for something else for you right now. Jane.xxx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Eddie, my anger is fading now and I feel sorry for all the others that are in the same boat as me , we had our October 3 days in London all booked and planned, my husband has just booked again at the hotel in Mayfair and we will do some different things than planned in October, I’m just a bit anxious about going to London at this time .

That's better news for you - not the same but still something to look forward to. Enjoy yourselves and have a nice glass of champers at The Shard. Jane.x

• Like 1

Given that the Blue Light Card discounts were a fairly recent offer, surely that would mean that those were the later bookings, rather than a big conspiracy by P&O to cancel the cheapest fares? 

Not that it makes it any better or nicer for those who have been cancelled. P&O should have had the sense to only book upto 1000 until they knew for certain. 

• Like 3