P&O Suite

swjumbo

9 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

What perks does one get on a P&O cruise in a suite? Is there a different dining room or bar? I can’t find any references anywhere! Thank you.

You can have breakfast in Epicurean but that's about it in terms of different dining rooms, as far as I'm aware. You get a butler, canapés etc. I'm not sure of the other perks. 

38 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

What perks does one get on a P&O cruise in a suite? Is there a different dining room or bar? I can’t find any references anywhere! Thank you.

This might be a good starting point:

https://www.pocruises.com/moments/suite-life

Breakfast in the Epicurean,  as already mentioned,  a butler, some very, very dull and uninteresting canapés,  priority boarding and disembarkation,  coffee and biscuits at the terminal, a pleasant buffet lunch with wine after boarding and a coffee machine in the suite spring to mind.

Best of all, for us anyway,  were the very civilised breakfasts. Worst  - the much maligned,  and justifiably so, canapés. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we have a conservatory mini suite booked in August I was wondering if we got any perks can’t find any info anywhere do you get bathrobes and slippers bottle of fizz  can you have breakfast in the epicurean restaurant?

Sadly no.   Apparently we get no perks whatsoever, apart from the little conservatory before the balcony.  No priority boarding.

I read it in two places on google yesterday, but can't remember where.. sorry!

Just to get aboard will be brilliant.

ps not sure about bathrobes in cabin etc

Edited by indiana123

I will miss the bathrobes and slippers never mind, to be back onboard will be fabulous and so looking forward to it we’re booked for 21st August so hopefully someone will post some photos for us. Just debating if we should drive down or fly down to Southampton it’s a lovely problem to have.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, swjumbo said:

You can also order lunch or dinner from the MDR menu to be served in your suite and any items ordered from the room service menu come without the usual additional charge.

My fave was breakfast in the Epicurean (plus the space in a suite that made the cruise more of a treat). 

Sadly the canapés were poor each time: a bag of mini cheddars with primula on top would be more impressive. BUT the suite experience was fabulous.

• Like 1

The suite offering on P and O is fairly poor in my opinion. Whilst the cabins are lovely you'd think they would include drinks in the price and enhanced dining other than breakfast (I must admit that was a highlight)

Iona actually has far fewer suites than Britania and the mini suites carry no enhancement what so ever

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, lindylooellalouise said:

I will miss the bathrobes and slippers never mind, to be back onboard will be fabulous and so looking forward to it we’re booked for 21st August so hopefully someone will post some photos for us. Just debating if we should drive down or fly down to Southampton it’s a lovely problem to have.

Eavesway from Wshington Services or Scotch Corner. Intercruise Coaches do a service, but I don't know where the pick up points are.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Booked a suite for the 7 night Britannia staycation at the end of August and this will be our first time sailing in any type of suite category. I Like the thought of in room dining and having lots of space but mixed feelings about a butler..  what do they do? What do most people request their butler to do?  Are we expected to give additional tips? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, welshy74 said:

Booked a suite for the 7 night Britannia staycation at the end of August and this will be our first time sailing in any type of suite category. I Like the thought of in room dining and having lots of space but mixed feelings about a butler..  what do they do? What do most people request their butler to do?  Are we expected to give additional tips? 

Here's a little extract from P&O which might help:

"Suite guests can enjoy the services of a butler – your own private member of the P&O Cruises team. Butlers are ready to make your life on board that little bit more luxurious. They’re on hand, for example, to: unpack and pack your luggage; book spa treats; make dinner reservations; organise your laundry; assist with in-cabin snacks and food orders, and organise treats such as flowers and cakes. They can even help prepare a pre-dinner cocktail party in your cabin with fizz, fresh fruit and canapés."

They'll do as little or as much (within reason) as you want them to do, but the above is a good summary.  We use them very little, apart from occasionally bringing a light lunch to the suite if we return after the MDR has closed,  but that's not a problem - they're handy to have around though to help should you need some assistance.  Others use them a great deal.  It doesn't matter either way.

I think most guests probably tip, despite the change in tipping policy (we do) but really I have no idea about that, and I don't want to start another tipping thread war!!!

• Like 1

The only perks are

One of the best designed suites, although exactly same size as Cunard QG feels much bigger,  has a proper dining table.

Priority Embarkation 

Quiet breakfast room.

Butler  useful if you want lunch in your room or early breakfast.

P&O suites are much cheaper than  other ships full suites of same size  which come with perks. On our last cancelled cruise a 19 day eastern Mediterranean,  Cunard QG was £8k dearer , but normal gap with Cunard, Celebrity,  MSC  Yacht club and P&O,  is circa £5-6k for 2 weeks .

So P&O could charge you thousands more and give you "free" perks,  drinks, seperate restaurant,  exclusive deck area.

I'm happy having the money and spending as I like.

Use speciality restaurants £50-80 per night (for the two of us) most nights except gala nights.

Choose my own wine,  get much better wine at £60 a bottle on P&O than that included on luxury lines. Wife gets the bubbly she likes. 

If you want book the Retreat for whole cruise

You'll  find it hard to spend the difference between P&O prices and others, but you'll get what you really like and save money

• Like 2

On 4/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, cockneyjock said:

Eavesway from Wshington Services or Scotch Corner. Intercruise Coaches do a service, but I don't know where the pick up points are.

I thought for the summer staycation cruises there were going to be no coach transfers (intercruise) Eavesway still doing them