Question about Edge

trtog7

My wife and I took a Mediterranean cruise on The Edge two years ago and it was a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed the split dining room, the quiet spaces in Eden, Le Petite Chef and the ship overall. Your mileage may vary, but I would give these ships a day in court. 🙂

On 4/18/2021 at 1:02 PM, AstoriaPreppy said:

We never found the Edge overwhelming, in fact we found the S-class to be much more "cavernous" around the grand foyer and elevator atrium. Celebrity has done a great job of breaking up the space on the E-class so that it never feels like too much. 

That is exactly how I felt, the grand foyer area feels so closed in and dark on the S-class and on the Edge that is the change I loved the most as it is so much more open in that area.  Loved that change the most, along with the beautiful big pool.

I really liked the Edge and did not feel it overwhelming at all compared to smaller ships  (compared to Summit and also sailed Carnival Victory).  It is not so big that it is confusing to get around or anything of that nature, I really liked the size.  I agree with others that say it is more 'glitzy' feeling which is obvious even in pictures and I am not a 'glitzy' person but that didn't bother my enjoyment of the ship.  I was the dressed down person at the ball LOL.  Personally what I don't want on a ship is a poor layout that forces over crowding and large pockets of people or line ups to get in everywhere and I didn't really feel that on this ship except in the obvious times when people gather in the evening for the foyer entertainment but that has to be expected. 

I would go back on an Edge class in a flash!

10 hours ago, kwokpot said:

No, the Bagels don't have to be near the lox and I wouldn't think that they should go together. Bagels should be where the other breads and rolls are. Not everyone eats Lox with Bagels. 

Some of us even have lox without bagels

• Like 1

Another split review.  I loved it, dh not so much!

We did a one week EDGE cruise  early on in AQ cIass with inf Veranda cabin, access to BLU and the amazing Thermal Suites.   We were okay with the Inf Veranda which although smallish, ..added a sitting area, a bit  more space. Had.no issues with the window.    We both liked the food and service of staff in BLU but found the  kitchen was very slow.  There was really no view to the sea,  long lines at some times, crowded seating  and poor  acoustics,  ( they counted the outdoor seating next to life boats and window washer in figuring capacity....but no one ever sat there)

We had a longer cruise  later.  We had a Sunset Ver..deck 7 middle. The SV had a true sliding door, larger cabin, huge balcony,  with beautiful wake views, sunrise, sunset, night sky.  Long walk to  the elevator but we managed..good exercise.

The 4 mdr plan was brilliant. We dine early....great food and service and often had a window seat for sunset views, We loved Tuscan and the Greek restaurant,

I loved the ships layout, decor, art work,  botanicals, music, excellent shows  and entertainment in varoius venue.  EDEN was a great space but.the Main show there was over rated.  Ship was much less bar- centered than other ships, a plus but crowded,.  Dh did not like EDGE very much but had a good time, Ship still needed acoustic improvements, more shade and wind block outdoors.

We were booked for Connie but lifted and shifted to Reflection, would like to try APEX if cruising resumes.

17 hours ago, LGW59 said:

when you say veranda, do you mean a traditional balcony?  If so the sky suite, S3, S2 or S1.  S3 being the entry level.

So is the only way to have a traditional veranda on Edge or Apex is to book a suite level cabin? 

14 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

So is the only way to have a traditional veranda on Edge or Apex is to book a suite level cabin? 

There are a few porthole balconies, I think on Edge classified as 1A. We did a week in Aqua and a week in one of these and loved both weeks.

1CD01783-6B2F-42BC-8A9C-550B78E79CA7.jpeg

EE6379EC-8954-47DA-9D16-3DF075FACF71.jpeg

5A002DF0-12AC-4246-8CB5-F0536AC4ACB5.jpeg

A1DAE82F-1033-4170-BDB0-1FAC3803AA2F.jpeg

4 hours ago, kathynorth said:

The Sunset Veranda Cabins have a true balcony. They are all aft facing and are quite popular. Book early to get the best choice. The middle two cabins on decks 8-11 are considered the best by most reports. Here is a photo of the Edge SV’s. Both port and starboard cabins are Sky Suites. 

73A6B9C8-4E78-40A1-99D1-2FDF3DA638AA.jpeg.01f7595184f9effaf3921f9360af46b7.jpeg

My wife and I were on the last Edge sailing before the pandemic (March 8-15, 2020).

It was right when things went all nuts last year.

We almost cancelled but glad we didn’t .  Never been on such a clean and beautiful ship.

We would go again in a heartbeat 

PS - we were also on a Sunset Verandah 11270

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

The Sunset Veranda Cabins have a true balcony. They are all aft facing and are quite popular. Book early to get the best choice. The middle two cabins on decks 8-11 are considered the best by most reports. Here is a photo of the Edge SV’s. Both port and starboard cabins are Sky Suites. 

73A6B9C8-4E78-40A1-99D1-2FDF3DA638AA.jpeg.01f7595184f9effaf3921f9360af46b7.jpeg

Oops - posted wrong photo. Here is Edge aft cabins. 07B32ECA-68E9-422A-8E90-A58B31A0D46A.jpeg.699dbe39785260e810d459e440a21088.jpeg

• Thanks 1