Will they do rapid flu tests to board the ships as well as Covid tests?

56 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

At my particular hospital it was a requirement to have your titers checked during preemployment physical screening. Rubella, varicella, hep B & mumps were fine, but measles showed up as non immune. They gave me a booster and we rechecked after a month, still not immune. No need for additional boosters, I'm just labeled as a non-seroconverter & need to avoid the ER if a suspected case comes in.

My wife was a medical person who worked in a hospital 27;years and it was not required in that hospital.

51 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

It was in the hospital I worked in. I had two sets of HepB vaccine and lucky showed immunity after the second set of 3. We had to either have titers or proof of vaccine to : MMR, HepB, TDaP, Flu and varicelka

Not in the hospital where Mrs.66 worked.

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

No app that I am aware of. At the Giants game, they were checking vaccination cards and test results at the gate. 

IDK of an App either

Have you been to a game already?

We go to our first Weds night.

Watching  the last couple home games and camera angles, we might be on the center field camera angle behind pitcher

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

IDK of an App either

Have you been to a game already?

We go to our first Weds night.

Watching  the last couple home games and camera angles, we might be on the center field camera angle behind pitcher

No. Haven't been out yet. 2 weeks post second shot on May 5. :classic_biggrin: We just watched the procedures on the news. :classic_smile: Have fun at the game! It is supposed to warm up a little by mid-week. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

Just now, Coralc said:

No. Haven't been out yet. We just watched the procedures on the news. :classic_smile:

Ill have first hand knowledge on Weds😁

But we are still cautious and chose seats in social distance area instead of the VAX seats

Just happened they had home plate seats available for the 2 of us😇

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

BMI is not a good indicator of anything.  There are very fit healthy people who weigh more than the BMI chart thinks is healthy.  Read up on where the idea of BMI came from.  

Lighten up (pun intended), it was posted in jest.  Yes, BMI is an antiquated calculation for sure. A better predictor of health risk is waist circumference.  So cross out BMI and add:  check waist circumference and weight upon boarding. 😇

9 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Lighten up (pun intended), it was posted in jest.  Yes, BMI is an antiquated calculation for sure. A better predictor of health risk is waist circumference.  So cross out BMI and add:  check waist circumference and weight upon boarding. 😇

That's not the least bit discriminatory.  Get over yourself.

2 hours ago, BND said:

That's not the least bit discriminatory.  Get over yourself.

Your comment implies this is a very touchy subject for you and I'm very sorry you felt personally offended. I did not intend to upset you or anyone else with my attempt at a bit of levity, which was certainly not directed at you or anyone else in particular.  Flame deserved -- let's move on. 

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Ace may appreciate all of the info/recommendations at the CDC site on flu aboard cruise ships:

Guidance for Cruise Ships on Influenza-like Illness (ILI) Management | Quarantine | CDC

oh and if not obvious:

image.jpeg.77e55bfe5674cac1493ca65eccaa0aa2.jpeg

ILI management reads exactly like covid management should. No precruise testing. No vaccine requirements. No treating anyone who tests positive like they have the plague.

Just, "if things get real bad let us know"

Edited by smokeybandit

They ask if you have flu-like and norovirus symptoms on the health questionnaire.

I saw a whole family denied boarding in an NCL CRUISE as they were all

hacking and sniveling while in the check in line.

The parents were not happy!

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

No treating anyone who tests positive like they have the plague.

This was an interesting part:

Passengers with ILI who nonetheless decide to board, as well as passengers who become sick with ILI en route, should remain isolated in their cabins or quarters (with the exception of clinic visits, if needed), until at least 24 hours after resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This was an interesting part:

Passengers with ILI who nonetheless decide to board, as well as passengers who become sick with ILI en route, should remain isolated in their cabins or quarters (with the exception of clinic visits, if needed), until at least 24 hours after resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.

Amazing.  If you are sick with a fever, you're welcome to board, just stay in your room until you feel better

No "go to covid jail even if you have no symptoms" like for covid.