OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

14 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

To think it hit $71 in 2018 and is $25 now - OUCH  Analysts think it will go way higher when cruising restarts.  

God I hope so. Carnival’s stock is raking my wallet. 

21 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I was supposed to be on that one but cancelled.  I tried moving to another date but the carnival rep wouldn't budge on letting me do a "lift and shift" a la RCCL.  I kept saying you are losing a b2b booking, can't you just move it and they wouldn't budge.  We are looking at going back to Cozumel or Aruba instead.  They did actually reimburse everything this am on my credit card (2 days).  I asked about the $100 not to cancel and they wouldn't give it to me.  I think we discussed this before on the carnival board.  Husband and I refuse to cruise unless ship is either fully vaccinated and rules accommodate fully vaccinated and we are not limited to the rumored rules of sailing.  Good luck and hopefully you will get to go.

I wasnt aware that sept cruises had been offered $100 not to cancel? I thought only thru august. I do think it's possible it might be extended to sept if cancellations continue on carnival. 

Yes you mentioned it after you cancelled. True carnival has a policy of obc for cancelled cruises not lift and shifts. Too bad one cant get both ha. I am slightly hopeful for sept, but 50 50. Hard to know what to make of yesterdays notice when 1 of the 4 ships not cancelled is alaska and canada also has to budge. Seems like a lot of wishful pr. At least I'm on one of the first ships they are trying to start.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

To think it hit $71 in 2018 and is $25 now - OUCH  Analysts think it will go way higher when cruising restarts.  

Back in early 2009 or so, it went way down to around $6 so Todd said when it gets to $5 we'll buy.  So we waited, big mistake!  It never got to $5, just $5.35 I think.  We coulda made enough to cruise for several years!  Live and learn.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm booked on the vista, supposed to be first ship out. ..sept 11.

I so hope RCCL follows and we leave Sept 12th.  Allure came into Miami for I guess provisioning and crew vax just a couple days ago, she's now back out in the pod at CoCo.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Back in early 2009 or so, it went way down to around $6 so Todd said when it gets to $5 we'll buy.  So we waited, big mistake!  It never got to $5, just $5.35 I think.  We coulda made enough to cruise for several years!  Live and learn.

That’s the kicker with the stock market, you never know. You could be about to lose money or make it. 

But that’s also the good part with the stock market, you never know. 

3 hours ago, jpurdy said:

This link was posted on another thread yesterday. Checked it again this morning, no changes since yesterday, so it appears to be current as of this moment. It is for NY/NJ ports.

https://worldshipny.com/current-arrivals-and-departures/

I guess that I’m not the only one checking.  Sometimes twice a day.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, spooky981 said:

I'm worried about my November cruise. And I wish they'd make a determination on if they're going to demand masks absolutely everywhere on a cruise where everyone over 18 is vaccinated.

We are waiting to hear about our Nov cruise as well. We assume masks will be required some places and I can somewhat live with that. Our only "hard pass" will be if masks are required on the pool deck. 

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Mariner still shows a restart out of PC not Miami.  Miami has Navigator (until redeployed to LA), Symphony and Independence at restart.

Do you have a link to the port calendar at PC showing it?

3 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Wow, our 7/16 Oasis out of NJ is now showing up on 7/18 from PC! This is crazy.

Check with RCI then -- this might not be etched in stone or on real time.  A lot in is flux right now for sure. 

What's strange is they have Oasis out of Cape Liberty NJ as well for that date.  

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/new-york-port-98

Edited by livingonthebeach

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

Check with RCI then -- this might not be etched in stone or on real time.  A lot in is flux right now for sure. 

Moving it from NJ to FL is a big deal and we cannot do this cruise sadly. But yes, will call RCCL.

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

The same site shows your sailing out of Bayonne as well.  Sorry for the confusion. 

I am just as confused. WTH. I'm going to call and see what's up.

Just now, jpurdy said:

I am just as confused. WTH. I'm going to call and see what's up.

Let us know what they say.  Could it be it was originally scheduled out of PC then changed to Bayonne and they just forgot to remove it from PC?

Let us know what they say.  Could it be it was originally scheduled out of PC then changed to Bayonne and they just forgot to remove it from PC?

No, it was always going to be Bayonne, which was why we were so excited to have this ship so close to us. 😞 

11 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

What's strange is they have Oasis out of Cape Liberty NJ as well for that date.  

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/new-york-port-98

Thanks for the info.  Someone had posted that the Mariner is showing in the Miami port schedule for July but I could not find a link to that info.  The webpage I found showed no ships for July

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thanks for the info.  Someone had posted that the Mariner is showing in the Miami port schedule for July but I could not find a link to that info.  The webpage I found showed no ships for July

oh ok. Here's another link for Port Canaveral from another site that shows it leaving out of PC:

http://crew-center.com/port-canaveral-florida-cruise-port-schedule-2021

I used to be able to get the schedules right from PortMiami but they took them down because I couldn't find them either. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I called RCCL and got nowhere. He said unless it's from their website blah blah nothing is official. I DO need to know if we will get a refund if they switch ports and change the dates (even if it is only by 2 days). Anyone know?

1 minute ago, jpurdy said:

I called RCCL and got nowhere. He said unless it's from their website blah blah nothing is official. I DO need to know if we will get a refund if they switch ports and change the dates (even if it is only by 2 days). Anyone know?

Wait - doesn't it leave NJ on the 16th and stop in PC on the 18th?  The schedules just show arrivals and departures not where the ships leave out of. 

Wait - doesn't it leave NJ on the 16th and stop in PC on the 18th?  The schedules just show arrivals and departures not where the ships leave out of. 

OMG I feel so stupid!!! That is exactly what is going on. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1