OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

1 hour ago, stephiek814 said:

We are waiting to hear about our Nov cruise as well. We assume masks will be required some places and I can somewhat live with that. Our only "hard pass" will be if masks are required on the pool deck. 

Right now masks are to be required to be worm even on Labadee and Coco Cay. Not for us!

Edit: no masks on islands for those on Adventure out of Bahamas good news

Edited by MommaBear55

Just FYI Princess has now cancelled some July sailings:

Cruise Cancellations: 

• California Coast and Mexico sailings on Ruby Princess through August 21, 2021.
  • Caribbean sailings on Caribbean Princess through August 21, 2021.
  • Remaining 2021 Mediterranean season on Enchanted Princess.

The company said continues its discussion with various United States and Canadian government officials to try to preserve a portion of the Alaska 2021 cruise season.

1 hour ago, SeaHunt said:

Just FYI Princess has now cancelled some July sailings:

Cruise Cancellations: 

• California Coast and Mexico sailings on Ruby Princess through August 21, 2021.
  • Caribbean sailings on Caribbean Princess through August 21, 2021.
  • Remaining 2021 Mediterranean season on Enchanted Princess.

The company said continues its discussion with various United States and Canadian government officials to try to preserve a portion of the Alaska 2021 cruise season.

Interesting the whole remaining Mediterranean season was canceled on that 1 ship.

My wife and I are booked on the Oasis of the Seas from Bayonne NJ on October 3-10 and I Hope by then US Ports will be open!

We have so many FCC's from cancelled cruises we need to get back to cruising.

I am surprised that Celebrity has not (Yet) cancelled our July 16-23 2021 sailing from Seattle to Alaska !  I think of it as my Giving RCCL a Loan of my fully paid Fare with a possible %25 return (interest)when they cancel it?

I have a Celebrity Summit 14 day Transatlantic cruise booked for August 1-15, 2021 ending in London.

I guess Celebrity could have that one leave from St. Maarten rather than Bayonne NJ ?

In the closer time we will be sailing on the Celebrity Millennium June 10-19,2021 out of St. Maarten.

Hey only 1/2 full and probably few Children.

1 minute ago, NJsharon said:

I guess no word on July sailings from Baltimore to Bermuda?  Thought that would be today.
Not wanting to cancel unless we have to, still want to go if we can!

We are waiting to hear something also.  We are hoping that they might move the sailings to a 7-7 versus the current 9-5 night and, since Canada isn't an option, sail south to Bahamas or have sailings only to Bermuda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keyboardjunkie said:

We are waiting to hear something also.  We are hoping that they might move the sailings to a 7-7 versus the current 9-5 night and, since Canada isn't an option, sail south to Bahamas or have sailings only to Bermuda.

Yes I was hoping they would just change the 9 day to a 7 day, then they have 2 days in between to clean the ship maybe?  Made sense to me, as how can they sanitize the whole ship fully in just 1-2 hours before the next passengers come on board?

Bermuda is open to tourists also.  So holding out hope!

• Like 1

I think after the CDC's disclosure today relaxing the mask and port exploration rules will allow the cruise lines to move forward with their return to service plans.  I expect we'll know which July sailings are being cancelled and which ones will begin service in the next weeks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stephiek814 said:

We are waiting to hear about our Nov cruise as well. We assume masks will be required some places and I can somewhat live with that. Our only "hard pass" will be if masks are required on the pool deck. 

That's my breaking point too. I'll wear a mask indoors with no complaints, but outdoors and especially on the pool deck is a deal-breaker for me. Especially when there's a 98% vaccination requirement and the CDC's own recommendations don't require masks outdoors anymore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

RCL website has a May 13 update but nothing about cancelling July cruises.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

I'm trying to figure out what the May 13 update actually would have been. Was Adventure always slated to sail out of Nassau through October (vs just September)?  

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ShawninFL said:

I think after the CDC's disclosure today relaxing the mask and port exploration rules will allow the cruise lines to move forward with their return to service plans.  I expect we'll know which July sailings are being cancelled and which ones will begin service in the next weeks.

This small bit of protocol relaxing will not make any difference in resumption of service, in my opinion.

The terrible shoreside agreements are still in full play, and that is a MAJOR non starter.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, Jimbo said:

Because if you wait, there may not be none available to book. Then you may be then forced to stay on the ship. Cruise to nowhere, that some unlike you may not want.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, mek said:

Why is anyone buying shore excursions for cruises that may not sail?  I would wait and buy them on the ship - even if they cost more or simply stay on the ship, which is what I intend to do if ship sponsored excursions are my only option in November on Oasis.

I asked RCCL via FB messenger and they told me that All cruise planner purchase  are 100% refundable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

RCL website has a May 13 update but nothing about cancelling July cruises.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm trying to figure out what the May 13 update actually would have been. Was Adventure always slated to sail out of Nassau through October (vs just September)?  

The only change is a deletion of this paragraph under the Lift & Shift option:

• If your sailing was cancelled on:

- April 8th, 2021, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by April 22nd, 2021 to move to a new sailing.

7 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

Surely RCCL knows if they can resume in July regardless of yesterday’s CDC ruling. We need a decision. I would like to make other plans as soon as possible. 

There has been no change in the CDC stance on cruise ships with regards to resumption protocols under the CSO

Disney just pulled their July cruises off their booking site. However they did not cancel existing reservations. 

Which either means the cruises are soon to be canceled, or Disney is pulling them to limit capacity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There has been no change in the CDC stance on cruise ships with regards to resumption protocols under the CSO

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes, of course. So a decision can be made today whether they can resume regardless of what happened yesterday. 

• Like 1