OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

35 minutes ago, gretchengao said:

I wonder if we will hear any announcement this week about July cancellation... My cruise is 47 days away and still no information about this.

July 16th - We've waited long enough. 

49 minutes ago, gretchengao said:

I wonder if we will hear any announcement this week about July cancellation... My cruise is 47 days away and still no information about this.

Correct me if I’m wrong... but isn’t this the closest RC’s has gotten to a US sail date this entire pandemic?

We have a booking out of Miami on July 3rd on the Independence of the Seas.  I would say it is probably 75% - 25% that early July bookings will be cancelled.  Not sure why Royal Caribbean is waiting until the last moment to make a decision either way.  This is for my son's graduation gift and would like to have something to give him.  And since the cruise we are on is not even offered as this was a change already, do anyone have any options that I could pursue.

I'm an Optimistic person but as my July 16-23rd. 2021 Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruise (From Seattle) departure date gets closer I'm beginning to wonder if Celebrity could even have the Solstice Ready and  Crewed by that date?

Oh well. As of now I'll think of my fully paid booking as a Loan to RCCL with a probable 25% interest payback.

We have 12 cruises booked through December 2022 so after our June 12-19,2021 Cruise on Celebrity Millennium from St. Maarten it will be interesting to see When our Next cruise will sail.........

On 5/10/2021 at 2:13 PM, livingonthebeach said:

I don’t think anything will be decided on the day of the hearing.  I posted a link to the CDCs answer to the plaintiff’s complaint on another thread titled Texas joins lawsuit — not looking good for FL, TX or AK.

Guest BigRoger

Purely speculation but I fear passengers may need to adjust thinking re cancellations….

RC I think see themselves as a company now moving into sailing and not cancelling…. accordingly I fear they are going to move to (only) fulfil their commitment to let people know a minimum of 30 days before each sailing whether it is cancelled.

It becomes a rolling programme of cancelling ship by ship and sailing by sailing rather than month by month…

as said just speculation…. Hope I’m wrong…

Watching all the cancellation news as are all of you.

We have a new wrinkle on all of this. Anxiously awaiting a decision on August cruises, as we are booked on Allure 8/29. Hopefully that will be an August decision even though much of the cruise actually occurs in September. 

Once that is decided we go through it all again due to our B2B booking on 9/5. There is even the possibility of a “No” for August and a “Yes” for September, although everything remains a “Maybe” for now.