Questions for Early Cruisers out of Nassau on the Adventure

Questions for Early Cruisers out of Nassau on the Adventure

Good evening.

Some of you will start getting official information about cruising out of Nassau very soon. While we all know things and will change as time goes on, it will be helpful for those who will following in your footsteps over the next few months to know the starting point.  I'm hoping people will update us as things change.

It will also be nice to have some factual basis to our conversations here on Cruise Critic.

So, without further ado, here are my first round of questions. 

Boarding Times

When is boarding starting?

When do you have to be on board by?

If you have an early boarding time can you board and then spend some time in Nassau?

How are boarding times being assigned?

Covid Testing

Before the cruise?

During the cruise?

After the cruise?

Masks

When and where do you have to wear them?

Social Distancing

What are the rules?

Dining Reservations

How hard are they to get onboard?

What is open for lunch on sea days?

Are they doing Chef’s Table?

How is the Windjammer working?

Shows

Do you need reservations?

What is the seating like?

B2B

Do you have to get off the ship between cruises?

Are they serving lunch?

Merchandise

Is there special welcome back to cruising stuff for sale?

Suite and Diamond Lounges

Are they open?

Who can use them?

Drinks?

Snacks?

Coffee machine?

Perks

Drinks on Sea Pass?

Top Tier Party?

Welcome Gifts?

Thanks in advance!

I encourage others to add their questions to the list.

Edited by notmyrealnameoremail
Hit submit too quick.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

It will also be nice to have some factual basis to our conversations here on Cruise Critic.

Without a lot of post whoring, this thread is way too early and will drop off people's radar by the time folks have answers in a month+.

28 minutes ago, HUNKY said:

Since these Bahamas cruises on Adventure begin in one month, hopefully Royal is providing information now for those early cruises.

Mots of those questions won't have answers till folks are on board and I would be hesitant in trusting info RCI provides on their web site or messages pre-cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Mots of those questions won't have answers till folks are on board and I would be hesitant in trusting info RCI provides on their web site or messages pre-cruise.

True,  but some of the answers should start to come out in the next day or two.  After that, if the thread doesn't keep going on its own, I will revive it once people get onboard in June. 

I promise not to do that everyday between now and then, but I just did it for today, didn't I?😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HUNKY said:

Since these Bahamas cruises on Adventure begin in one month, hopefully Royal is providing information now for those early cruises.

Things are changing so rapidly.. they might not be communicating as quickly as desirable and some depends upon how closely they plan on following CDC guidelines... Just yesterday they said no masks on Coco Cay.... later in the day...CDC made some changes to masking outside and on excursions... so the first set of Bahamas cruises might get info a tad later than they would like due to these recent changes...and hopefully more will come.

I would like to add some questions:

- How crowded were elevators and did they have a process to reduce number in an elevator

- Did they institute the cdc plan of having one set of stairs going up and one down ( I think I read that someplace..can't recall when or where)

- Have they made certain areas like sky lounge adults only so people could go maskless and no social distancing (all vaccinated) (anyway I think this would be a good idea... perhaps add theater after 8:30)

- How was masking handled at dinner.... did they instruct you to place mask on at anypoint during the meal...or just coming and going

Obviously these questions are for once people have been on the cruise...unlikely to be communicated before

Edited by kearney
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I promise not to do that everyday between now and then, but I just did it for today, didn't I?

Even if you did, there'll be other threads on this subject anyway.

2 hours ago, lynnemac said:

Tell us about the dining menus and the days of formal, ha, ha, dining.

I’m on the June 19th sailing and the app is active and does have menus. Not sure how accurate they are since there are double the amount of appetizers and entrees listed for every day.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, molly361 said:

Isn't today the 30 day mark for the first cruise?  I know their website kept saying people would know the protocols 30 days out.  

Yes, yesterday was. Talked to some people on the June 12th Roll Call today and they said they still weren't able to check in. >.<

On 5/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, sellwingri said:

there are double the amount of appetizers and entrees listed for every day.

They have to move product - food is about to go bad after all of this time!  😁

Another question. It seems to me that provisioning a large cruise ship out of Nassau could be a challenge. I wonder if actual meals differ from offering listed on menu? will they periodically have to improvise?

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Another question. It seems to me that provisioning a large cruise ship out of Nassau could be a challenge. I wonder if actual meals differ from offering listed on menu? will they periodically have to improvise?

Reports have been that provisions would be shipped in from the USA.

22 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Seriously. Repost in a month. 

I'm heading out June 19th, and would sure appreciate any info from the June 12th cruisers as soon as possible.  So I appreciate  and applaud this thread.

• Like 2