Ever tried letting the cruise line pick your cabin if you need multiple cabins?

I wouldn't but if it's not like a parent/child thing and you don't mind being a few doors down or up to 10 cabins away, it could be a money saver. You could also get connecting cabins or some other type of oddity that you may not anticipate. You could also end up on lower decks (probably will). If you are the go with the flow type, go for it. If you're particular, then choose your own.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

We've done this a couple of times with CCL and have never been side by side.

Once we were a couple of rooms away on the same deck, and the other time we were on one deck and the children were one deck below us - literally just a few steps away down the stairs.

I'm not sure if we were lucky to be near each other - or if they do try to get them as close as possible.

I don’t let the cruise line pick my cabin for one cabin. I’m a very light sleeper and therefore picky. Don’t want to be near engines or anchors or under any public areas. I would only do guarantee if you were fine with ANY cabin(s) in that category being assigned.

• Like 1

I was told by a couple of CCL reps that your membership level/status helps get the better rooms.

So someone platinum on Carnival would get better room assignments then a new cruiser.

This has given us piece of mind a couple times when trying to decide if to choose the room or save some $$$.

20 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We always pick our own cabin as we like to know where will be.

My fear is that it’ll be like when I’ve let airlines pick my seat and it’s always the worst seat on the plane (last row near the bathrooms) and beside the person who’s 400 lbs and needs 1.5 seats

even if you choose your airline seat, if there’s an open seat next to you, the 400 pound guy could still choose that seat. Though I agree about not choosing seats = last row of the plane. I’ve flown twice where I missed a connection so had to be added to a brand new flight at the last minute. Both times that is exactly where we ended up.

there was a comment about noisy neighbors ruining a great cabin location, which is true. But I’ve been on 5 cruises without that being an issue. So weighing out the possibility of getting assigned a terrible cabin location where there’s 100% chance of being disrupted by noise, vs choosing a cabin where there’s a very low chance of being disrupted by a noisy neighbor. That is still worthwhile to me.

In most cases you will end up with three cabins far away from each other and in some instances on different decks if you choose that option. If you want three cabins close to one another it will definitely cost you more.