How do I transfer a booking?

Mapomp

I'm sure you all can help me.  I want to book a Princess cruise for January, Panama Canal.  I plan on calling princess directly, then transferring to a big box.  I'm not quite sure how to do that, tho.

Help?

Thanks,

Mary Alice

You may run into a roadblock from the big box store. I tried that once and the rep. refused to let me transfer. I haven't even considered booking with them since.

If you're planning on using the big box store, just book with them direct...less hassle.

Keep in mind that the big box stores don't provide any service once you're booked and charge $$ to make changes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Why not book directly with the Big Box???

I have a private offer with Princess that I don't see where to put the code in.  Maybe I'll just call BB and see.  

• Like 1

The Big Box store would not allow me to transfer the booking and get there perks.  I even spoke to the agents manager.  They said they only except new bookings.  Their recommendation was to cancel my direct booking and book with them.   This was winter of 2020 just before Covid.

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You may run into a roadblock from the big box store. I tried that once and the rep. refused to let me transfer. I haven't even considered booking with them since.

If you're planning on using the big box store, just book with them direct...less hassle.

Keep in mind that the big box stores don't provide any service once you're booked and charge $$ to make changes. 

I've dealt with the BB before, and have had great service, they even refared after final payment.  

1 hour ago, Mapomp said:

I've dealt with the BB before, and have had great service, they even refared after final payment.  

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The Big Box store has never charged me for making changes.  They just would not accept a transfer of the booking from Princess.  I also had great service from them.

I have called the big box store to request a form from them to transfer my reservation. They will email you a request form on which you fill out your Princess booking number and date of the cruise, then you can fax it to Princess. In a day or two the new agent's will show up on your cruise personalizer. Then call the Big Box and let them know that they are now your agent and they will contact Princess and transfer your reservation to their account. You will not lose any of the perks that you got from Princess. You may get additional perks from them. You have a limited time to transfer after you make your reservation - I think it is about 60 days.

Yes, you now have to make a written request to transfer all reservations.  Used to be able to just do it on the phone if nothing paid or just a FCD.  I have run into this a couple of times I think.  The last time, I just cancelled all and let new TA book it (sales were not going heavy and lots of cabin options).  Just know, if you cancel and re-book, a cabin can/might disappear.

To the OP...I hope you realize that if you call a TA...big box or otherwise, you will speak to a live person who will actively take the promo number that you received from Princess and then process your booking accordingly.

We have transferred from Princess to our Big Box store MANY times when various circumstances prevented us dealing initially with our Big Box store. They Big Box store or Princess will e-mail .all you a form, you complete it then fax to Princess. There has never been an issue and it was smooth.

I just did this a few weeks ago.  Booked directly because big box was closed and I wanted to get a specfic cabin and those particular type cabins were filling fast.  I then called the Big Box, they emailed me a form, completed it and faxed it back to them.  They contaced Princess and booking was transferred within a few days (they said you have 60 days to transfer).  I still get Big Box store credit (this is for the 28 day South Pacific so the credit is substantial), no fees for changes or cancellation.  They contact Princess for me anytime I need something or have a question.

37 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

They contact Princess for me anytime I need something or have a question.

and, of course, they ( BB ) contacts you immediately about any upsells, or especially move-over offers as these are extremely time sensitive, right ?

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and, of course, they ( BB ) contacts you immediately about any upsells, or especially move-over offers as these are extremely time sensitive, right ?

No, they don't but I've booked thru regular travel agents that don't either.  We usually book a specific cabin and time.    I realize there are pros and cons and we're satisfied with our experience.

• Thanks 1