Covid-19 positive cases onboard Odyssey of the Seas

39 minutes ago, DeniseT said:

The point, however is that there are MANY people who will never be able to get the vaccine because of other health-conditions.  This is why it is so critical that those who CAN get it, do so.

I do not relish in having to inform you, but this is simply false.

Current CDC guidelines do not preclude anyone from receiving the covid vaccine  except those with a severe allergic reaction to ingredients in an MRna variant.   And in those cases they may still be eligible for the J&J vax.   They should consult their health care provider.

There are a number of conditions for which the recommendation is to receive a vaccine after consulting a health care provider and taking appropriate precautions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

You are aware that the vax is available to everyone right now and is very, very easy to get?

This has been the case for nearly 2 months here in Florida.  So everyone I'm about to see at SeaWorld has had plenty of time to make The Choice.   So as much as you may hate it, they are being responsible for themselves.  

At no time was anyone forced to do anything they didn't want to.  And there has been ample support for at risk persons.  Risks that are well documented and unchanged for over a year.  Risks created largely by poor choices.  Maybe you should lecture these people first. 

Entrusting other random persons with your safety is just naive and will only lead to disappointment and bitterness.

Yes, even if you have gotten the vaccine, you ARE trusting others with your health every time you are around them, much less in enclosed spaces like a cruise ship or an airplane. 

And not everyone can get the vaccine, and the science is still inconclusive on those with auto-immune diseases (7% of the population). 

Bottom line? Protect yourself, protect others, get vaccinated. 

Edited by DeniseT
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DeniseT said:

Yes, even if you have gotten the vaccine, you ARE trusting others with your health every time you are around them, much less in enclosed spaces like a cruise ship or an airplane. 

And not everyone can get the vaccine, and the science is still inconclusive on those with auto-immune diseases (7% of the population). 

Bottom line? Protect yourself, protect others, get vaccinated. 

No one should be trusting disinterested 3rd parties with their health. That's absurd and dangerous.

Everyone is ultimately responsible for taking the precautions they have determined are appropriate for them.

And to address one point I made earlier, I probably won't be going to SeaWorld today.  Instead I will be heading to Universal Orlando Resort tomorrow because they have removed all mask requirements for the entire resort.  Not outside not inside not on attractions nowhere.  And I'm not just totally OK with that, I'm really looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, DeniseT said:

Yes, it will certainly be killing some vaccinated folks, just at a much lower rate than before.

Yep, and is that not also true in every other activity of daily life?  I guess my conundrum is that such a rate can't be below zero.  They are telling us that we are safe if vaccinated from severe consequences and certainly death?

In the past 4-weeks, pneumonia killed more people than Covid 19 per the CDC, yet it is an acceptable risk? 

It's just...

This is why it is so critical that those who CAN get it, do so.  The longer it takes for herd-immunity to kick in, the more variants will be created, and the more likely that those variants will be more deadly, and more contagious. 

I believe that it is really important that, unlike many of the state governments during the pandemic peak, protecting "those at the highest risk" should be vaccinated.  Unless physician directed otherwise for other reasons.

As we go 'down the line' in age and risk groups, with so little known about the vaccines, and with an estimated 75-100M of pre-infected, so-called natural immunity which is now being illustrated by some studies that although the antibodies decrease quicker the body (I believe they quote the bone marrow) shows the resistant forces lay in wait. 

We just don't know yet because 'they don't know yet.

Potential future variants?  Yep.  Taking a step back, STOP playing with bats!!!

The argument (which I've heard) that "its a personal choice to not get the vaccine, and it doesn't affect anyone else" is completely false and definitely selfish to the max. 

I don't know. 

With our family of grown adult sons and spouses; doctor, entrepreneur, lawyer, academy professor, Apple HR, etc., it is split.  Those that had Covid (with no symptoms of any consequence) have opted (on the advice of their doctors at top Boston and Austin facilities) not get vaccinated "AT THIS TIME."

So, I just don't know how many of those that are choosing not to get vaccinated are really minimally attributable to "a personal choice."  I suspect they are very concerned and want to make the right decision.

I also don't believe that they are selfish.  

They want more data.

They also understand that there may be activities that they can't do if vaccinations are required to be documented and are OK with such.

They all agree, however, that their kids will 'not' be vaccinated "AT THIS TIME" also.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, boatseller said:

5 asymptomatic cases....stop testing until they arrive in the US and begin the vax regime.  

Not true on the news they said 3 were transformed to area hospital 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, DeniseT said:

Yes, even if you have gotten the vaccine, you ARE trusting others with your health every time you are around them

Your first sentence and your last are in direct contradiction to each other.  IN my humble opinion of course.

• Like 1

Turns out the cases were all false positives, and Odyssey is now at Freeport

Earlier today from Michael Bailey

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelBayleyRoyalCaribbean

Update on the 4 Odyssey crew who tested positive for Covid and where landed in Spain last week. Received notice from Captain Sindre that they continue to remain asymptomatic (no symptoms) and yesterday all tested negative and will need one more test before being released on Friday. Plans are to re assign the crew to Harmony and Symphony of the Seas. As our protocols work and all our crew get vaccinated we are on the road to Freedom.

Edited by atricks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, atricks said:

Turns out the cases were all false positives, and Odyssey is now at Freeport

Earlier today from Michael Bailey

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelBayleyRoyalCaribbean

Update on the 4 Odyssey crew who tested positive for Covid and where landed in Spain last week. Received notice from Captain Sindre that they continue to remain asymptomatic (no symptoms) and yesterday all tested negative and will need one more test before being released on Friday. Plans are to re assign the crew to Harmony and Symphony of the Seas. As our protocols work and all our crew get vaccinated we are on the road to Freedom.

I do not see where it says the cases were false positives.  It says they had no symptoms, and several weeks later tested negative.  

• Like 2