Covid-19 positive cases onboard Odyssey of the Seas

1 hour ago, Mr305 said:

Something doesn’t add up?  Doing 20+ knots all night to just hang off the coast?

Maybe ever so often they have to run the engines full throttle. To keep things running properly.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe ever so often they have to run the engines full throttle. To keep things running properly.

Took a look at M Traffic, shows her arriving tomorrow.  This could be why they are just cruising off the coast.

Edited by Mr305

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Because Common Sense is not taught in schools these days.......😉

Agreed. I might also add, that some (not you) who were taught it decades ago have seem to forgot it.  God, I’m starting to sound like an old man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/24/2021 at 6:10 PM, coldflame said:

The larger point here is: this is why non-vaxxed (or proof of anti-bodies) cruises are a no-go. The whole cruise will be back on port the next morning and everyone in quarantine. 

That's not what happens now. On European cruises the family are isolated and monitored by on board medical staff. The rest of the cruise carries on as usual. 

11 hours ago, Mr305 said:

Took a look at M Traffic, shows her arriving tomorrow.  This could be why they are just cruising off the coast.

Yep they are heading into the port right now.

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Agreed. I might also add, that some (not you) who were taught it decades ago have seem to forgot it.  God, I’m starting to sound like an old man.

I was being facetious, I rather consider common sense to be half genetic half environment.  If we are taught to fend for ourselves and learn ingenuity and self-reliance, genetics then comes into play.  But if our children are not taught these things, they do not learn deductive reasoning or common sense.  I see little evidence of it right here and everywhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, Biker19 said:

Virtually every location administering the COVID shot have set aside a rest location and recommend waiting at least 15 minutes to see if there are any adverse reactions. 

15 min wait for my PZ jab, zero wait for hubby's AZ jab, same place, different types of vaccines, different rules

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

15 min wait for my PZ jab, zero wait for hubby's AZ jab, same place, different types of vaccines, different rules

It should be 15 minute wait after PZ for everyone, 15 minutes for AZ only if driving. (UK)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, strickers said:

It should be 15 minute wait after PZ for everyone, 15 minutes for AZ only if driving. (UK)

Yeah, he was told not to drive for 15 mins, so he's just told me

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yeah, he was told not to drive for 15 mins, so he's just told me

Here all my Family got shots while sitting in cars 10 min, or none, and we drove away. Me, walked out Pharmacy to my Car driving away immediately after shot.

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Here all my Family got shots while sitting in cars 10 min, or none, and we drove away. Me, walked out Pharmacy to my Car driving away immediately after shot.

As I said UK, different rules in different countries. Also different rules for different vaccines.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:18 AM, boatseller said:

The point is the ridiculousness of still treating covid like it's ebola.  The risks, or non-risks, are well known.  Time for everyone to be responsible for themselves.  Those crew are probably at greater risk of getting staph or something else from the quarantine facility than any covid outcome.

Yea, the day that being "responsible for themselves" results in ONLY their OWN deaths, then that is a valid argument.  Until then, someone's bad choices (not getting vaccinated) WILL KILL other innocent people. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, Jimbo said:

Not ours, it was done at a phamarcy, like Rite Aid, CVS or Walgreens.

Then they weren't doing their job right. 

I got mine at a pharmacy, and they made sure that I understood I needed to stay in the area for 15 minutes in case I had a bad reaction. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DeniseT said:

Yea, the day that being "responsible for themselves" results in ONLY their OWN deaths, then that is a valid argument.  Until then, someone's bad choices (not getting vaccinated) WILL KILL other innocent people. 

Well it certainly isn't likely to KILL you if you are vaccinated is it? 

I mean that's what they tell us; and sure, there is that 'very remote chance but they tell us how slight such is and the likely minimal consequences therefrom?

2 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Well it certainly isn't likely to KILL you if you are vaccinated is it? 

I mean that's what they tell us; and sure, there is that 'very remote chance but they tell us how slight such is and the likely minimal consequences therefrom?

Yes, it will certainly be killing some vaccinated folks, just at a much lower rate than before.

The point, however is that there are MANY people who will never be able to get the vaccine because of other health-conditions.  This is why it is so critical that those who CAN get it, do so.  The longer it takes for herd-immunity to kick in, the more variants will be created, and the more likely that those variants will be more deadly, and more contagious. 

The argument (which I've heard) that "its a personal choice to not get the vaccine, and it doesn't affect anyone else" is completely false and definitely selfish to the max. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DeniseT said:

You are aware that the vax is available to everyone right now and is very, very easy to get?

This has been the case for nearly 2 months here in Florida.  So everyone I'm about to see at SeaWorld has had plenty of time to make The Choice.   So as much as you may hate it, they are being responsible for themselves.  

At no time was anyone forced to do anything they didn't want to.  And there has been ample support for at risk persons.  Risks that are well documented and unchanged for over a year.  Risks created largely by poor choices.  Maybe you should lecture these people first. 

Entrusting other random persons with your safety is just naive and will only lead to disappointment and bitterness.