Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

1 hour ago, talljules1 said:

We've had our results back too!  Eurofins tested at 1pm yesterday, results back about 30 mins ago. WHOOP - NEGATIVE. 

WE CAN GO ON HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!

Relax now and prepare to enjoy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SalisburyNick said:

Have just had my negative PCR result. Eurofins were excellent. Had the test yesterday at 08.30 at a hotel in Southampton and received the result at approx 09.30 today. I'm a very happy camper...er cruiser 😀.

Congratulations!

Could you please share the name of the hotel in Southampton where Eurofins is offering the tests.

47 minutes ago, PaulB123 said:

I request fevertree for our room and the Retreat Suite Concierge seem to think they did have fevertree.  It would just be strange if they didn't.

Fingers crossed then .As yet we have had no contact from a suite concierge

Just booked the September 18th Silhouette Staycation😀. Most interesting itinerary I have seen yet from all the cruise lines. Moved the deposit from a Norwegian cruise next May which must have been moved numerous times.

Excited about travelling to the Orkney Islands. We went to the Hebrides last month so a real Highlands and Islands year for us. My wife is from Greenock so no doubt will just go the pub and have a walk with her sister. I hope we can do personal tours otherwise it will be a wave!

The Solent Hotel & Spa is not what we would call Southampton but handy for the M27 and some pre-holiday shopping at Whiteley.

5 minutes ago, PaulB123 said:

I think they only contact a couple of the suite types.  Shouldn't worry about it.

Hi Dalesmouse (I'm itching to know - Yorkshire Dales or Derbyshire Dales?)

I think they mostly contact those in PH and RS.  I got bored of waiting for them to contact me, so I called them.  0344 493 3055 takes you to the retreat concierge desk. 

1 minute ago, isdoo said:

If in a Royal Suite or Penthouse you will. Otherwise probably not. 

I don’t know how X in the UK is handling it, but in the US suite concierges are contacting those in Sky Suites too.

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

I don’t know how X in the UK is handling it, but in the US suite concierges are contacting those in Sky Suites too.

Might be worth giving them a call then. The Concierge for the Silhouette is called Jennifer.

52 minutes ago, isdoo said:

If in a Royal Suite or Penthouse you will. Otherwise probably not. 

I’m in a Celebrity Suite. The concierge contacted me this week. I’ve also asked for Fever Tree tonic to be put in the fridge. She’s confirmed they will be!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goaty said:

I’m in a Celebrity Suite. The concierge contacted me this week. I’ve also asked for Fever Tree tonic to be put in the fridge. She’s confirmed they will be!!!

👍

1 hour ago, talljules1 said:

Hi Dalesmouse (I'm itching to know - Yorkshire Dales or Derbyshire Dales?)

I think they mostly contact those in PH and RS.  I got bored of waiting for them to contact me, so I called them.  0344 493 3055 takes you to the retreat concierge desk. 

Thanks 👍

Neither....I am a Dale😉...long story 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 38anchor said:

I asked the question on here some time ago (on its own thread) and also direct via social media. I believe there are a few Peloton bikes in the gym and they need to be reserved / booked. You also need an existing Peloton account to use. Some did mention you need to be a suite guest to use but that doesn't really make sense. I believe the if you are in the upper suite you can also request one to be taken to your room for personal use and that is where the crossover may  lie. 

Interestingly, I was told on my social media answer that I also needed to buy the fitness pass to access the bikes, but I am hoping this was just someone not knowing what they are talking about. I think they were getting confused with the other spin bikes which are classes and you do have to pay extra for. As the bikes should be with the other gym equipment I am hoping that you can just book.

I am sailing on the 17th so can update then - just packing and am undecided on whether or  not to take my   shoes or just use the toe cages for the week.

That would be great if you can update once on the ship. Going to pack my shoes if the bikes are onboard 

6 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but just to be sure. Are Celebrity checking proof of travel insurance, as I'm aware P&O are at their check in desks?  

No they are not

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

I haven't seen it mentioned, but just to be sure. Are Celebrity checking proof of travel insurance, as I'm aware P&O are at their check in desks?  

Insurance is a condition of travel. I hate to think of the possible cost if anyone was ill enough to require evacuation from the ship (we have seen it at least 3 times once when we were almost in sight of Southampton) only to find they didn't actually have insurance.