Onward itineraries

Werangels

2 hours ago, john1970 said:

On the plus side I did get the email. Wouldn't it be a good idea to list prices and full itineraries in the preview part of the website? Unless I am missing something?

contact your TA 🙂

If you do some searching, at least one online agency (frequently quoted here on CC) has all the itineraries and pricing loaded. 

As an example, a V1 on the 11 day inaugural is around $7800.00 

And as usual, the Black Sea in July, 11 day is a good deal more dough.

Edited by ECCruise

Three more itineraries were added to the TA site:

29 October 2022 (7 Nights Western Mediterranean): Barcelona, Port Vendres, Sete, Marseille, St. Tropez, Nice (Overnight), Monaco
5 November 2022 (7 Nights Western Mediterranean): Monaco, La Spezia, Livorno (Overnight), Portoferraio, Naples, Civitavecchia (Overnight)
12 November 2022 (7 Nights Eastern Mediterranean): Civitavecchia, Naples, Messina, At Sea, Heraklion, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Piraeus
Edited by SummmerInKefalonia
small fix

19 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Three more itineraries were added to the TA site:

29 October 2022 (7 Nights Western Mediterranean): Barcelona, Port Vendres, Sete, Marseille, St. Tropez, Nice (Overnight), Monaco
5 November 2022 (7 Nights Western Mediterranean): Monaco, La Spezia, Livorno (Overnight), Portoferraio, Naples, Civitavecchia (Overnight)
12 November 2022 (7 Nights Eastern Mediterranean): Civitavecchia, Naples, Messina, At Sea, Heraklion, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Piraeus

Way too many 7 day sailings for our taste although B2Bs are always possible of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MNgardens said:

@Work in to Cruise 2023 I had to change a setting in my profile in order to get the email despite requesting them through the loyalty program. Can you sign in and then click on your initials. Click on "offers and communications" and select Azamara. If you have already done that, I have no other ideas.

I had contacted the Loyalty team regarding another matter and when she got back to me I mentioned the email situation.  She said she found what was wrong in their system and corrected it, hopefully I will start getting emails now.  Thank you for your suggestion though!  

4 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Way too many 7 day sailings for our taste although B2Bs are always possible of course.

Is it just me, or are these itineraries just a big YAWN!  Been there, done so many of these places.  And so many 7-nighters.  Yuk.

• Like 4

I didn't see anything new – they all seemed like repeats of Azamara itineraries that are offered regularly.  Hopefully the next go-round will position the four ships more widely around the world.

• Like 5

Well, I have been trying to do Black Sea maybe in 22 I will get there and some other ports I never been too. Seven day cruises bring on younger people who work and one day can do longer cruises.we can all do two or more cruises if we want too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stines said:

Is it just me, or are these itineraries just a big YAWN!  Been there, done so many of these places.  And so many 7-nighters.  Yuk.

I'm kind of with you. There are some new ports for me in Greece and of course the Black Sea that I haven't done, but nothing really excitingly different. Perhaps that's just because I've done plenty of cruises!  

They seem to be betting on people doing b2bs which is a popular pastime on Azamara, but the issue is that these shorter cruises never really get into the swing. No sooner have they started and it's time for them to end. I'd much prefer to do a 14 night cruise than two seven nights and I think quite a few of the crew feel the same way. 

Phil 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm kind of with you. There are some new ports for me in Greece and of course the Black Sea that I haven't done, but nothing really excitingly different. Perhaps that's just because I've done plenty of cruises!  

They seem to be betting on people doing b2bs which is a popular pastime on Azamara, but the issue is that these shorter cruises never really get into the swing. No sooner have they started and it's time for them to end. I'd much prefer to do a 14 night cruise than two seven nights and I think quite a few of the crew feel the same way. 

Phil 

I agree, but I can see why the marketing people like it this way.  They can sell the cruises to those who only want 7 days and also to those who want 14, 21, etc.  Win-win from their point of view.

16 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

New deck plan. Quite a few more suites now.  Hopefully this comes out ok. 

Phil 

E6D8993E-229E-4706-B5F7-EB53B6C91311.jpeg

Thanks for posting this.  I'm glad they kept the extra suites on deck 8, since that category seems to sell out quickly [and it would have been very expensive to remove them and go back to the deck plan of the other Azamara ships].  And I'm glad they eliminated passenger cabins on deck 3 [which contained 15 OV cabins in Pacific Princess dress] because I assume those became additional crew cabins to maintain Azamara's superior pax/crew ratio.

But I don't see how they get the Passenger Capacity of 702 listed at the bottom.  I count 340 cabins total on this deck plan, which should give a capacity of 680.  This also fits with Azamara's published specs on its other ships which are all slightly higher because of the deck 8 verandas.  If the listed staff and crew is correct at 408 [the same as every Azamara spec], this ship will have the best ratio by a narrow margin – which it will need because of the need for more butlers on deck 8.  Anyway, I really like this layout best of the four ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks for posting this.  I'm glad they kept the extra suites on deck 8, since that category seems to sell out quickly [and it would have been very expensive to remove them and go back to the deck plan of the other Azamara ships].  And I'm glad they eliminated passenger cabins on deck 3 [which contained 15 OV cabins in Pacific Princess dress] because I assume those became additional crew cabins to maintain Azamara's superior pax/crew ratio.

But I don't see how they get the Passenger Capacity of 702 listed at the bottom.  I count 340 cabins total on this deck plan, which should give a capacity of 680.  This also fits with Azamara's published specs on its other ships which are all slightly higher because of the deck 8 verandas.  If the listed staff and crew is correct at 408 [the same as every Azamara spec], this ship will have the best ratio by a narrow margin – which it will need because of the need for more butlers on deck 8.  Anyway, I really like this layout best of the four ships.

It's good they have increased the ratio of shower cabins to tubs in the Club Continent Suites. It will be interesting to see what effect if any the extra suites will have on the demand for the speciality restaurants and Spa Pool area and if they need to do anything here. 

Phil 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's good they have increased the ratio of shower cabins to tubs in the Club Continent Suites. It will be interesting to see what effect if any the extra suites will have on the demand for the speciality restaurants and Spa Pool area and if they need to do anything here. 

Phil 

That was my immediate thoughts as well.  It’s also nice they’ve moved the accessible suite back up to Deck 8. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I agree, but I can see why the marketing people like it this way.  They can sell the cruises to those who only want 7 days and also to those who want 14, 21, etc.  Win-win from their point of view.

Yes, I think you are right. That is the way they are thinking and with what has gone on this past year or so they probably feel it's sensible to try and keep each sailings on the new ship of shorter duration. I don't like they've done it though because these shorter cruises have a different feel to them. 

Phil 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I don't trust their capacity figures. I'm not sure if it's still quoted the same, but Pursuit was wrong. Overstated. 

Yes, there used to be guest cabins on deck 3 on both Journey and Quest before the refurbishments. Now they tend to be used by entertainment staff and visiting guest performers. 

Phil 

12 hours ago, ellbon said:

Well, I have been trying to do Black Sea maybe in 22 I will get there and some other ports I never been too. Seven day cruises bring on younger people who work and one day can do longer cruises.we can all do two or more cruises if we want too.

Our Black Sea cruise for 2021 was of course cancelled.  Looking at the new one to the Black Sea, it is slightly shorter and in the summer rather than the fall.  And the Russian ports aren't there.  Calculating the cost for the two of us seems to be really a lot cheaper per night, than the one that was cancelled.  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

A slightly disappointing initial schedule.  I was hoping for some new ports (Malta)and bespoke itinerary’s to entice us towards the “Onward”.  
It may well be however that the Covid situation had an influence on its first season and that one or two new twists could emerge in due time.

Regards

57 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

Our Black Sea cruise for 2021 was of course cancelled.  Looking at the new one to the Black Sea, it is slightly shorter and in the summer rather than the fall.  And the Russian ports aren't there.  Calculating the cost for the two of us seems to be really a lot cheaper per night, than the one that was cancelled.  Am I missing something?

Maybe it depends on category.

I do know that the Black Sea tends to start out relatively low and then inch up, so it matters when you book.

I am currently looking at 2 sailings, Journey 5 June, 12 day Black Sea and Onward 29 June 11 day Black Sea and Cat V1 on both are pretty close per diem at around $900-925.

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

I had the July Black Sea and Greece for my Birthday this summer.I booked the second Black Sea for 22. There is a Russian Port as it was used for the Olympics years ago. Cruise not the same but better than nothing. I did not keep my  paperwork but it gives me a chance  to do Greece and other ports I have not done or willing to do again.

• Like 1

We just booked the July 30, 11 night Black Sea cruise on the Onward.  It's 3 nights shorter when compared to this years canceled Black Sea cruise on the Pursuit (which we also had booked).  But since it's leaving from Istanbul rather than Athens it's able to do a full circle around the Black Sea rather than just going up to Odessa and back down again like the other Azamara itineraries.  It's also $3,500 less when compared to what we would have paid on the Pursuit this year, so, can't complain there.

WARNING: Be aware that this is the 4th time that we have booked a Black Sea cruise on Azamara with the previous 3 ALL being canceled.  Since I'm convinced that Azamara is just messing with us, personally, you take your chances if you also decide to book this cruise.  YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WARNED!

Edited by annandme
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, uktog said:

That was my immediate thoughts as well.  It’s also nice they’ve moved the accessible suite back up to Deck 8. 

The accessible suites are still listed as 6054 and 6056 on the Azamara site deck plans.

58 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

The accessible suites are still listed as 6054 and 6056 on the Azamara site deck plans.

No the Deck plans colour coding show then as verandah cabins 

1 hour ago, annandme said:

We just booked the July 30, 11 night Black Sea cruise on the Onward.  It's 3 nights shorter when compared to this years canceled Black Sea cruise on the Pursuit (which we also had booked).  But since it's leaving from Istanbul rather than Athens it's able to do a full circle around the Black Sea rather than just going up to Odessa and back down again like the other Azamara itineraries.  It's also $3,500 less when compared to what we would have paid on the Pursuit this year, so, can't complain there.

WARNING: Be aware that this is the 4th time that we have booked a Black Sea cruise on Azamara with the previous 3 ALL being canceled.  Since I'm convinced that Azamara is just messing with us, personally, you take your chances if you also decide to book this cruise.  YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WARNED!

Most of us have been cancel on the Black Sea cruise at least once..many several times. Had to do with all the problems in Turkey or somewhere.

Azamara updated their US website today, adding full info on the new itineraries and on Onward.  Here is the deck plan in high-res pdf format.  It shows that they had doubled the number of accessible suites by keeping 6054 and 6056 (color coded N2) and adding 8044 and 8046 (N1).

onward-deck-plan.pdf

• Like 3